• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Free stir fry sauces please

chun-ky

Silver Member
S: 15st10lb C: 11st1.5lb G: 11st2lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 4st8.5lb(29.32%)
I am stir fry obsessed at the moment. But getting sick of having soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chinese 5 spice flavour! I mix the meat up and have chicken, pork or prawns, or a mixture. I have synned a few pre made sauces but would love some ideas that are syn free and dont involve chilli :yuk: If anyone has any nice simple ideas i would be really greatful.Thanks xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Shrimpy

Gold Member
S: 13st6lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 4st8lb(34.04%)
Um, most of mine involve chilli... but how about to the soy, garlic and ginger base adding sweetner, rice wine vinegar and lime juice? Or do 5spice, ginger, soy, ricewine vinegar & some ketchup (synned of course)?

oyster sauce, hoi syn sauce, black bean etc are all relatively low in syns, and you dont need much either, can normally make it go further with a bit of light soy sauce too.

lemon chicken is a good one to do too, kind of like a sweet and sour dish.

S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
The other day I had:

1 tbsp hoi sin sauce, juice of 1/2 a lime, 2 cm grated ginger, 2 tbsp cold water.

Also the one I tried with the pancakes might go quite will but youd have to omit the chilli. Also it has sugar in so I dont know if youd be up for synning that - I dont know how well it would work with Splenda?:

1.5 tbsp caster sugar (4.5 syns)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 tsp grated ginger
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 a chilli, deseeded & chopped

Pour 60ml boiling water over the sugar. When dissolved add all other ingredients and leave to rest for a few minutes to release flavours .

chun-ky

Silver Member
S: 15st10lb C: 11st1.5lb G: 11st2lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 4st8.5lb(29.32%)
Thanks for all the ideas :) Need to buy some rice vinegar! What does it taste like? Glad i have a few ideas for a bit of flavour variation lol. I dont mind using syns :) And i'm really mixing things up tonight ha ha ha, i bought turkey!! lol . Britmum, how do i do the lemon chicken one i love lemon chicken but not had in stir fry before!? xx

S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
I ran out of rice vinegar and Tesco didn't deliver so I just used white wine vinegar, was fine :) (Dont use malt though, obviously :D )