Free2go for my daughter! low fat spread?

livylegs

Hi guys:)

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out?

My daughter and I are doing slimming world from home and my daughter is doing the teen version however we are unsure if my daughter can use low fat spread in her sandwich for her lunch?

We can't see anything like syns on the free2go so we were wondering what you do for low fat spread and mayo?

I have mixed her tuna with fat free natural yoghurt but no idea what that will be like by lunch time lol

My daughter likes wholemeal toast for her breaky but again has a scraping of low fat spread on it and then again at lunch in her sarnie so if anyone can advise us that would be great:)

Thanks in advance:D

in my book it says 1syn for a tsp of low fat spread :) jam is 0.5syns per tsp and imo tastes better :) ex.light mmayo is 1 syn per tablespoon ..i use that in sandwiches rather than butter/spread, hope this helps a little? xXx

Isn't the free2go more about making healthy choices and having a balance? I don't think she should be worrying about a bit of spread in a sandwich. The reason they don't mention syns is because a child shouldn't be counting stuff like that, rather being encouraged to make healthy choices and low fat spread is already a healthy choice compared to butter. :)

Free 2 go doesn't count syns or healthy extras. They are advised to make healthy swaps, so butter for low fat spread, crisps for quavers for example.

Not all teens follow free 2 go though, some just follow the plan as an adult would.

Depends what you are doing.

I agree with the above. Free2Go focuses more on the young person making healthier choices, which your daughter is already doing by swapping butter for low fat spread.

Thanks for your replies everyone:)

This is the reason my daughter is doing this free2go plan as I don't want her dieting!!
and by making better choices she's training herself into making good choices and then maintaining her weight,
My daughter does want to lose a little bit weight as her jeans are now tight and its getting her down but I never make a big issue of her weight, that's why I am allowing her to do this plan as I have told her its to learn to make better choices rather than dieting.
If she's making better choices then she will lose the few lbs that's she gained and hopefully learn how to eat better and not end up like me and a yo yo dieter all her life!

I will use low fat spread and light mayo in her lunch as normal then:)

Thanks again.

My son is starting soon too, he's 15 and we're in it together! He's growing so fast though, I don't want to do him harm.
So we're going with things like a toasted BLT for breakfast (he says he has no time, well he can eat this as he gets ready), he doesn't eat his sandwiches at lunch time and eats them at home so he can have his 'extras' like a bag Quavers, grapes and satsuma segments and a Hi Fi/Alpen light at school, then a mug of soup (homemade and free) after school, and a healthy dinner and pudding at night.
I'm trying to get him away from the half loaf of bread a day he eats now!!!!

Just working g out some soup recipes, but really most meals can be made soup like.... Chicken fajitas, meatballs and pasta, even curry and rice!

Back