Freezable meals

carlacas83

Can anyone share some meal ideas that I can make in bulk and freeze, I start working shifts next week and need to get organised do I can stick to plan.

I already do chilli and pasta bolognese bake quite often I've also been freezing SW chips once I've part boiled them.
??

Hi,

Lasagne freezes really well. I make it in foil takeaway trays, which helps with portion control too! A main course sized tray will hold a decent portion for 2 adults, and a rice size container a single portion. I just layer up the meat, dried lasagne and cheese sauce and freeze. Defrost in the fridge or bang it in the oven from frozen. Replace the lasagne sheets with aubergine and potato and you have a moussaka.

Cottage pie is another nice easy one. Make a savoury mince (add peas and carrots if you like), put in the base of the foil tray and top with mash. Straight potato, potato and swede, swede and carrot - its all good!

In general though I find a good way to build up the freezer is to deliberately cook 2 extra portions each time I make a dish, then freeze these. Within a week you have 14 freezer meals.

PGxx

Curry, chilli & spag bol all freeze well. Along with superspeed soup. I freeze all my meat and pop out which bit I want the night before.

Back