Freezing Soup??

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Izzygirl, 29 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Izzygirl

Izzygirl Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone!

As you can probably tell from my recent posts, I am no Jamie Oliver lol!

I made my Spicy Cumin & Pumpkin soup tonight - it is soooo yummy! I made four portions, and now I'm thinking I may freeze it.

So......a) does this kind of soup freeze well, or does it come out really watery when you thaw it? b) do you have to defrost it thoroughly in the fridge before cooking again? c) can you microwave it to heat it back up again?

Sorry for what are probably daft questions!!!

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

hugs xxx

4. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I'm really into home made soups atm, especially good for work now the weather is turning cold. I make loads, portion them up and chuck them in the freezer and they alway turn out fine.

Fab tips Allie. I always defrost mine first, but after reading what you do I shall nuke them from frozen in future :D

5. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I read best to freeze them leaving about 1/2 inch gap at the top of the container to allow for expansion or something or other. I defrost mine 24 hours before and they can remain in the kitchen or the fridge. Then heat as required. You can do them in a pan or the microwave. I prefer the latter as already had to clean the pan once;)

Steve

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.