Fresh New Victum Hoping it works this time

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nerys-, 11 October 2009 Social URL.

1. nerys-

nerys- Grrr :-)

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I am 33 years old Male eastern united states. As a kid I was insanely active. You name it I probably did it.

I was so active I ate like a horse. I am talking 3 to 4 times what a normal person might eat. not an ounce of fat on me.

Then I went to college. My activity level dropped to near zero (the introduction of always on internet and computers did not help matters 19.2k dedicated back them was a dream!

but I continued to eat as I always ate. I exploded. I gained some 200 pounds in less than a year! I have the stretch marks to show for it. Its amazing that one does not "notice" this as its happening. Scary indeed.

I have been fighting for the last 10 years to get rid of it eventually hovering around 460-480 or so pounds (hard to find a scale that goes that high so I am not really sure how heavy I got)

I tried every diet under the sun. the most effective was low carb dieting but it plateaued at 420 pounds.

I gave it up. too expensive for no further gains.

I was able to maintain this weight but I could not seem to shed anymore. two and a half weeks ago I noticed my pop stopped losing weight after the bypass surgery. I think he is stretching his stomach out again :-(

I decided enough was enough. I decided to say screw the diets and do this logically and mathematically. 4500 calories is 1 pound so thats the path I took.

I started dramatically reducing the calories I eat each day. in a few days I realized that even at 900 calories a day I was not "hungry"

well once I realized I could identify the difference between HUNGRY and CRAVING this was a heck of a break through for me.

Hunger I have trouble battling Craving I can deal with logically and with will power. It was I guess kind of an epiphany for me. Things started to make sense.

I started making up meals of things I liked that were ultra low in calories. this allowed me to build very large plates of food for very little calories.

I budgeted myself 1000 calories a day trying to aim for 900 and it became a game. how much food could I eat for that many calories.

Lots of veggies and mushrooms. I go through 8+ pounds of mushrooms a week. I cam FILL a giant plate full of mushroom and not break 100 calories.

this helped immensly. I also learned I am going to live on yogurt. it satifies my "taste" desire with minimal penalty (80-110calories each)

so I came up with a menu of 200-300 calories for breakfast 3-4 100cal "mini meals" spaced throughout the day and a 300-400 calorie dinner.

Breakfast is always egg beaters 60cals plus whatever I mix with it usually mushrooms a can of tuna and some veggies (fresh broccoli is my favorite also the leaves of brussel sprouts are excellent) topped with a but of ketchuo.

for dinner a can of veggies or some fresh veggies some sort of fish chicken or turkey (all around 100cals for 4 oz's) and mushrooms.

all fried up using zero cal buttery sprays etc..

I started at a little over 418 (I have a scale that goes to 440 now) 18 days later I am now 396 on the button. 22+ pounds in 18 days I am holding an almost solid just over 1 pound loss per day.

I feel better. I have more energy I spend less time sleeping and I am not hungry.

I am trying to eat as many veggies as I can and varrying them to maintain nutrition. I mix in fruits and nuts for my "minimeals" for example a handful of nuts instead of a yogurt or a banana or apple or something.

I also found so absolutely delicious progressive soups where an entire can is under 200 cals.

396 is were I stand this morning.

I need to get below 225 (can't skydive unless I am below 225 :)

SO what do you guys think? suggestions or advice?

is this weight loss sustainable? as I lose weight I plan to ramp u excersise as much as I can to keep tone and to accelerate the weight loss if I can to KEEP losing 1 pound a day if at all humanly possible.

I am not to worried about long term health problems since staying 440 pounds will kill me. that makes other problems seem small in comparison. If there is immediate concerns I should be aware of ?

I am talking 2 childrens vitamins a day (pills get to me after a while the childrens i can chew) to supplement my vitamin intake. I know you don't actually absorb much from vitamins so I am trying to get as much as i can with good food.

What do you guys think?

what can I do to make it better?

any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really stoked right now because I finally have a plan that actually seems to be working. I think I naturally had and still do have a high metabolism. I just had to harness it.

I am 6'3" 420 pounds to start 396 now. First time under 400 in 10 years.

One of my problems is finding effective excersize. I can run I did the math on the G loads and that scares me enough to avoid it like the plague. I can't believe I have not broken an ankle yet.

I am fortune to be massively built with very large bones and muscles. But this also means basic excersize does not even make me sweat. I can walk the length of the mall and back (over 1.2 miles) 5 times and not even be phased by it.

I want to get into swimming since I read it burns almost 3 times the calories but there is no free swimming around here that I have found yet and I can not afford $500 a year for the YMCA

Suggestions? ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us

Irene xx
  4. melissa85

melissa85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    cambridge ss
    hi and welcome on here.

well the first thing i can recomend is drink lots of green tea its very high in antioxidents and very good for you, another is drink at least 3-4 litres of water a day its a great way to lose weight and keep it off.

as far as exercise goes walking is the best form its just as good jogging, if you have a nintendo wii i recomend the game - my fitness coach it tailormakes youre workout to your abilities,

i hope this helps, well done on the loss so far and keep it up youll be under 225 in no time x
  5. nerys-

nerys- Grrr :-)

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    HA !! what do you know I am absolutely hopelessly addicted to wawa green tea :) i drink 1 sometimes 2 of those per day! fluids is no problem I am very thirsty critter I drink Minimum a gallon a day just naturally.

We are doing lots of walking now. Spent 2.5 hours at the mall just walking (taking pics of xmas gift ideas while I was there I finished most of my shopping already but still have a few people to get for)

today was 90minutes at walmart. My sister loves shopping even if not buying anything so its a good way to get her to do more walking since she is not losing much weight. Hopefully the walking will help.

if I can SOMEHOW manage to maintain this rate of loss I could be at goal in 6 months. somehow I doubt I will be able to do that but I am going to try.
  6. pink puma

pink puma Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Go Lower
    Good Luck Nerys,

Great to hear that you had your epiphany when you did and you are doing great at your weight loss.

I would say change your veg regularly you don't want to get bored with what you are eating and then eat the wrong things, keep motivated.

With the walking, walk at a pace just shy of a jog, you need to move your arms as well as your legs get's the heart racing more, put a bottle of water in each hand as you walk for weights then when you do break into a sweat you can drink some of the water.

You are doing Great! :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.