Fresh New Victum Hoping it works this time

nerys-

Grrr :-)
I am 33 years old Male eastern united states. As a kid I was insanely active. You name it I probably did it.

I was so active I ate like a horse. I am talking 3 to 4 times what a normal person might eat. not an ounce of fat on me.

Then I went to college. My activity level dropped to near zero (the introduction of always on internet and computers did not help matters 19.2k dedicated back them was a dream!

but I continued to eat as I always ate. I exploded. I gained some 200 pounds in less than a year! I have the stretch marks to show for it. Its amazing that one does not "notice" this as its happening. Scary indeed.

I have been fighting for the last 10 years to get rid of it eventually hovering around 460-480 or so pounds (hard to find a scale that goes that high so I am not really sure how heavy I got)

I tried every diet under the sun. the most effective was low carb dieting but it plateaued at 420 pounds.

I gave it up. too expensive for no further gains.

I was able to maintain this weight but I could not seem to shed anymore. two and a half weeks ago I noticed my pop stopped losing weight after the bypass surgery. I think he is stretching his stomach out again :-(

I decided enough was enough. I decided to say screw the diets and do this logically and mathematically. 4500 calories is 1 pound so thats the path I took.

I started dramatically reducing the calories I eat each day. in a few days I realized that even at 900 calories a day I was not "hungry"

well once I realized I could identify the difference between HUNGRY and CRAVING this was a heck of a break through for me.

Hunger I have trouble battling Craving I can deal with logically and with will power. It was I guess kind of an epiphany for me. Things started to make sense.

I started making up meals of things I liked that were ultra low in calories. this allowed me to build very large plates of food for very little calories.

I budgeted myself 1000 calories a day trying to aim for 900 and it became a game. how much food could I eat for that many calories.

Lots of veggies and mushrooms. I go through 8+ pounds of mushrooms a week. I cam FILL a giant plate full of mushroom and not break 100 calories.

this helped immensly. I also learned I am going to live on yogurt. it satifies my "taste" desire with minimal penalty (80-110calories each)

so I came up with a menu of 200-300 calories for breakfast 3-4 100cal "mini meals" spaced throughout the day and a 300-400 calorie dinner.

Breakfast is always egg beaters 60cals plus whatever I mix with it usually mushrooms a can of tuna and some veggies (fresh broccoli is my favorite also the leaves of brussel sprouts are excellent) topped with a but of ketchuo.

for dinner a can of veggies or some fresh veggies some sort of fish chicken or turkey (all around 100cals for 4 oz's) and mushrooms.

all fried up using zero cal buttery sprays etc..

I started at a little over 418 (I have a scale that goes to 440 now) 18 days later I am now 396 on the button. 22+ pounds in 18 days I am holding an almost solid just over 1 pound loss per day.

I feel better. I have more energy I spend less time sleeping and I am not hungry.

I am trying to eat as many veggies as I can and varrying them to maintain nutrition. I mix in fruits and nuts for my "minimeals" for example a handful of nuts instead of a yogurt or a banana or apple or something.

I also found so absolutely delicious progressive soups where an entire can is under 200 cals.

396 is were I stand this morning.

I need to get below 225 (can't skydive unless I am below 225 :)

SO what do you guys think? suggestions or advice?

is this weight loss sustainable? as I lose weight I plan to ramp u excersise as much as I can to keep tone and to accelerate the weight loss if I can to KEEP losing 1 pound a day if at all humanly possible.

I am not to worried about long term health problems since staying 440 pounds will kill me. that makes other problems seem small in comparison. If there is immediate concerns I should be aware of ?

I am talking 2 childrens vitamins a day (pills get to me after a while the childrens i can chew) to supplement my vitamin intake. I know you don't actually absorb much from vitamins so I am trying to get as much as i can with good food.

What do you guys think?

what can I do to make it better?

any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really stoked right now because I finally have a plan that actually seems to be working. I think I naturally had and still do have a high metabolism. I just had to harness it.

I am 6'3" 420 pounds to start 396 now. First time under 400 in 10 years.

One of my problems is finding effective excersize. I can run I did the math on the G loads and that scares me enough to avoid it like the plague. I can't believe I have not broken an ankle yet.

I am fortune to be massively built with very large bones and muscles. But this also means basic excersize does not even make me sweat. I can walk the length of the mall and back (over 1.2 miles) 5 times and not even be phased by it.

I want to get into swimming since I read it burns almost 3 times the calories but there is no free swimming around here that I have found yet and I can not afford $500 a year for the YMCA

Suggestions? ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated!

hi and welcome on here.

well the first thing i can recomend is drink lots of green tea its very high in antioxidents and very good for you, another is drink at least 3-4 litres of water a day its a great way to lose weight and keep it off.

as far as exercise goes walking is the best form its just as good jogging, if you have a nintendo wii i recomend the game - my fitness coach it tailormakes youre workout to your abilities,

i hope this helps, well done on the loss so far and keep it up youll be under 225 in no time x

HA !! what do you know I am absolutely hopelessly addicted to wawa green tea :) i drink 1 sometimes 2 of those per day! fluids is no problem I am very thirsty critter I drink Minimum a gallon a day just naturally.

We are doing lots of walking now. Spent 2.5 hours at the mall just walking (taking pics of xmas gift ideas while I was there I finished most of my shopping already but still have a few people to get for)

today was 90minutes at walmart. My sister loves shopping even if not buying anything so its a good way to get her to do more walking since she is not losing much weight. Hopefully the walking will help.

if I can SOMEHOW manage to maintain this rate of loss I could be at goal in 6 months. somehow I doubt I will be able to do that but I am going to try.

Good Luck Nerys,

Great to hear that you had your epiphany when you did and you are doing great at your weight loss.

I would say change your veg regularly you don't want to get bored with what you are eating and then eat the wrong things, keep motivated.

With the walking, walk at a pace just shy of a jog, you need to move your arms as well as your legs get's the heart racing more, put a bottle of water in each hand as you walk for weights then when you do break into a sweat you can drink some of the water.

You are doing Great! :)

Back