Fresh Pasta

matchj1

I know fresh pasta counts as syns but dried is free, does anyone know if you make your own pasta but allow it to dry does it become free again?

Its probably to do with the oil content in fresh - I suppose if you made it out of all free ingredients it would be free (what DO you make it with?)

I read recently that someone phoned SW HQ and asked about home-made pasta. The answer was that if you m,ade it yourself and knew for sure there was no oil in it then you could count it as free. But rather than take my word for it I suggest you phone up yourself as I wouldn't want to be responsible for giving you duff information :)

oh thats great as I only ever use eggs or water to make it so would be free. I always wondered why it would have been syned but the oil makes sense!

Jen3 I make fresh pasta for everything as the taste is so much better than dried and it cooks so quickly too. It's great for making your own ravolli with ncie fresh fillings too x

The fresh is so much nicer - and now you can enjoy your homemade guilt free!!!

The flour thing has always baffled me. - why is any pasta free if it has flour in it. And now they are saying if you make your own without oil it's free but if you were to use the same amount of flour to make pastry for example then we would syn the flour. I'm not complaining tho cos I love pasta and a big bonus with this diet

I guess it's because you use fat to make pastry and it might also have something to do with how long it keeps you full, they're the only reasons I can think but sometimes the rules do seem a little conflicting.

But you would still syn the flour tho - whatever you made with it. I'll ask next time I go to group and see what my consultant says - its always been one of those things that confused me but I never thought to ask about so it'll be interesting to hear the SW answer

Yes on its own the flour would be synned but the end product gets a free food allowance which reduces the syns. All the ingredients do not have to be free for the product to be free xx

I read recently that someone phoned SW HQ and asked about home-made pasta. The answer was that if you m,ade it yourself and knew for sure there was no oil in it then you could count it as free. But rather than take my word for it I suggest you phone up yourself as I wouldn't want to be responsible for giving you duff information :)

This makes me very happy as I am desperate to buy the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid!

Back