ProPoints Fresh start diary

mardybum

I've decided I need a new diary to go with my fresh start on WW.

Before Christmas I lost a stone, fairly easily, in about 6 weeks. Since then I fell totally off the wagon and when I weighed in last Monday I was back up 14st 11lb and feeling very diasappointed with myself. :cry: :(

I re-weighed on Friday because I want Fridays to be my WI day and was 14st 8.5lb.

I ate reasonably well over the weekend but with a few treats and today I am starting tracking again properly, I'm going to say I have 19 weekly propoints left for this week, I didn't really track what I had over the weekend so I'm erring on the side caution!

My goals
21/4/12 night out - hoping to be back down to 14st 2lb at least!
63 days till I go to a wedding with my gorgeous skinny friend, I won't really know anyone there but I want to be able to wear a nice dress and feel confident.

I'm allowed 34pp a day, but for this week I'm aiming to stick to 30pp for a bit of kick start!

Today's food

Breakfast
40g Muesli (4pp), 70g low fat natural yoghurt (1pp), 2g maple syrup (0pp), banana (0pp)

Lunch
Tortilla (3pp), 30g EL philadelphia (1pp), 30g ham (1pp), salad leaves (0pp), Walker squares (3pp), Shape caramel dessert (3pp)

and planned for Tea
90g pasta (9pp), homemade tomato sauce (0pp), Cornetto Enigma (5pp)

Total 30pp

I'm just letting my lunch digest a bit and then I'm going to do an exercise DVD.

Hi there,good luck with your weightloss journey,sounds like you are on a mission this time :0) what DVD do you have?

Thanks bulldogdaisy, I definitely am! :)

I did 40 minutes of Hannah Waterman's dvd, its quite good actually - for someone like me who never does any proper exercise! I always have to really motivate myself to do it but once I do I feel so much better afterwards, I even enjoy the achey feeling the next day because it shows me that I've worked my muscles and I feel all virtuous! I have a Davina dvd as well, but I can't really remember what that one is like. I'm going to try and do it three times a week, and walk to school and back a few times a week as well (20 minutes each way but sometimes I extend it to an hour by taking a detour). Tomorrow I'll have to get up early to walk on the morning (urgh hate mornings!) because we're going to my Auntie's for tea so won't have time on the afternoon!

Sounds like a good DVD,I've got a Davina one but haven't done that for a long time! Yea I find I feel better if I can feel it aswell,makes it more worth while.Thats good about the walking,I bet you will soon notice a difference with it all,I'm doing my Tae bo DVD twice a week but will add in half hour on my exercise bike this week.

Ooh! Good luck! Just ordered 30 pound shred. Seeming it's really good! Here's hoping. I lost a stone in six weeks but the weight loss is definitely slowing down. I'm down to 13 stone 6 so I have 3 stone to go and I want to be at my goal in six months which I know is so unrealistic! :(

Thanks QueenOmi! A stone in 6 weeks definitely seems to be fairly average to start off with from looking at other people's signatures. I just can't wait to be under 14stone, I reckon its been a good 5 years since my weight has been 13st something! The people who I see in my day to day life now have never known a thinner me, only my family and my older friends (I moved to a new town in 2006), and actually neither has my daughter (age 8). I'm looking forward to getting back to the being the person I am in my head before I look in the mirror!

I think I might try 30 day shred once I get a get a bit lighter and fitter, let me know how you get on with it. 3 stone in 6 months isn't completely unreasonable, its still 1-2lb a week, but every single week which is pretty tough going as sometimes its nice to have a little break - holidays and special occasions etc. Just think though, even if you aren't at goal in 6 months, you'll be a hell of a lot closer to it than to your current weight!

I wish I had space for an exercise bike or something, I think exercising while watching TV on an evening would work quite well, but our house is teeny tiny!

Well its miserable weather here this morning so we didn't walk to school, but instead of using that as an excuse I've done another 40 minutes of my exercise DVD instead :D I've never done it two days in a row before, I was just starting to ache so I thought I better do it this morning before I got too sore!

Meals for today:

Breakfast 3pp
Smoothie - banana (0pp), frozen summer berries (0pp) few left over strawberries (0pp) yoghurt (2pp), skimmed milk (1pp). Yum!!

Lunch 5pp
Tortilla (3pp), 30g EL philly (1pp), 30g wafer thin ham (1pp), salad leaves (0pp), grapes (0pp)

So that leaves 22-26 daily points, plus 19 weekly points if needed for tea tonight! We're going to my Auntie's and she's a really good cook and always has yummy desserts!

Last edited:
Oh dear! I feel a little bit like my life is conspiring against me being slim this week!

I went to my Auntie's for tea last night. We had chicken and broccoli bake with new potatoes and veg, which wasn't too bad, I only had 2 potatoes and plenty of veg. But then dessert! Which was basically a bowl of cream, and a massive bowl at that! It was an Eton Mess type thing, it did have yoghurt mixed in as well but itwas probably full fat, I ate about half of my bowl - gave some to my daughter (she's a skinny minny so a bit extra isn't going to do her any harm!) and left the rest. I also came home with two Easter eggs - which when I have pointed is 50pp worth!

Then onto today:

Breakfast 6pp
Yoghurt Bran Flakes and skimmed milk

Then my friend invited me round to hers so I didn't have time to exercise, and we ended up taking the kids for a carvery tea.

So its fair to say I've used my weekly points and then some this week! I don't feel like I've put on weight but will definitely be expecting a STS on Friday morning.

I'm trying to look on the positive side though, I've still been better than I could (and would in the past!) have been! I've done 2x40+ minutes of exercise that I wouldn't usually do (going to do some more tomorrow as well), I didn't eat as much as I could have at my Auntie's and I didn't come home and tuck into the Easter eggs, in fact they're still unopened; I didn't have lunch from the bakery today when offered, I had less potatoes at the carvery than usual, and I still haven't opened the Easter eggs. So I haven't fell back into old habits, its just the way things have worked out this week.

I was planning on making cupcakes to take to work on Saturday night, I think I might be extremely good and melt down my Easter eggs to make the icing rather than buying a bar of chocolate!

Well I've woken up feeling a bit slimmer this morning, so who knows what the scales will say tomorrow.

I've done some more of my exercise DVD this morning, worked my butt off for the cardio bit but couldn't manage all of the abdo section today - too sore! The sun is shining today though so hopefully walking to school later.

Breakfast 6pp
Yoghurty bran flakes (5), skimmed milk (1)

Lunch 9pp
Ww sausages x3 (3), bacon medallions x2 (2), ww beans (4), mushrooms (0)

Tea 15pp
? maybe pasta and pesto

Hiya,that's a good sign that you are feeling thinner this morning,good luck for your wi tomorrow.Well done with the exercise DVD,least you did most of it,It all counts plus by what you put bout the meals at your Aunts etc you have already changed your way of thinking around food which is great and it all helps,grey here today,enjoy the sunshine :0)

Thanks for the encouragement bulldogdaisy! How long have you been doing weightwatchers, and how is it going?

I did walk to school yesterday so pleased with that. I didn't feel very hungry for tea so ended up having a wrap (3) with chocolate philly (2) and banana - yum! Then 2x digestive biscuits (3) with more chocolate philly (2); and later on a mini twister ice lolly (1).

This morning I weight 14st 7lb! So a 1.5lb loss :D ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page. very pleased with that because I'm sure I must have went over my weekly propoints, maybe the exercise balanced it out!

This week is going to be quite tough because its school holidays, which means we'll be out and about a lot (although maybe not, because my car is a bit broken!), so lots of opportunities for going off the plan. I've stocked up on healthy lunch stuff though, so if we go out we can take lunch, and I'm just about to plan our main meals. I'm also working nights over the weekend - work can be good for weightloss, it can be so busy I come home aching like I've done a massive workout having not sat down all day let alone had time to eat (12.5 hour shifts as well); but I do find nightshifts tend to be more sociable even if its busy i.e. more likely to make time to sit in the staff room, where there is likely to be a table full of junk food, and chat. I prefer nightshifts for this reason, but they're definitely a bit more challenging diet wise (also because meal times get a skewed because the first shift I'll be awake and eating as normal all day leading up to it, but then also awake and working, so getting hungry during the night). Then of course its Easter, so LOTS of chocolate around. So lots of willpower and determination called for this week I think!

Todays meals

Breakfast 0pp
banana

Lunch 8pp
Ww pitta (3) with EL philly (1), ham (1) and salad leaves (0). Grapes (0), cheese snack (1) ww coconut cake (2)

Tea 11pp
Sausage and pasta bake
Ww sausages (4), pepper (0), mushrooms (0), homemade tomato sauce (0), pasta (6), EL philly (1)

I'm going to make cupcakes tonight for tomorrow, not sure how mnay points they'll be worth each yet but I'm bound to sample one so will work it out later and see how many points I'm left with after that.

Well done on your weight loss,great news :0),being out of routine is always the hardest but sounds like you have it all planned out which is bound to help.As to me with WW,I've been doing it for five weeks,wi day is Monday,so far I've lost 10.5 lbs so I'm pleased with that! Today is abit of a off day due to totm and being tired,started off yesterday but i'm sure be ok by tomorrow ;0) I hope work goes well and hope you and your family have a good Easter.

Well I didn't make the cupcakes last night because when I worked out the points for them using ww recipe builder they're going to be about 10pp each :eek: so I thought the less time I have them hanging around the house the better! Will make them this afternoon instead.

So last night ended up looking like this

Tea 16pp
Sausage and pasta bake
Ww sausages (4), pepper (0), mushrooms (0), homemade tomato sauce (0), pasta (6), cheese (3)
Ww coconut cake slice (2)

Later on 6pp worth of Lindor mini eggs (was setting up an Easter egg hunt for my daughter because she won't be home on Easter Sunday) and another cheese snack (1)

Total 31pp

For today I have planned

Didn't have breakfast because I lay in bed most of the morning, trying to get some rest in before tonight.

Lunch 7pp
Ww pitta (3), EL philly (1), ham (1), salad leaves (0), banana (0), ww coconut cake slice (2)

Tea 6pp
Yoghurty bran flakes (5) with skimmed milk (1), grapes (0)

At work 24pp
Asda good for you chicken arabiatta (10), strawberries (0) homemade chocolate cupcake (10)
Cinnamon oats so simple (3), skimmed milk (1)

Total (all being well!) 37pp
3/49 weeklies

I'm going to do my exercise dvd this afternoon.

They are so yummy!! And there's loads still in my house, in fact there's loads of chocolate in general in my house, hundreds of points worth!

So my diary for yesterday did end up changing a bit because I decided to go to bed for a couple of hours on the afternoon!

Lunch 7pp
Ww pitta (3), EL philly (1), ham (1), salad leaves (0), banana (0), ww coconut cake slice (2)

Tea 2pp
another ww cake slice (all gone now!) on my way out of the door

At work 21pp
Asda good for you enchiladas (10), creme egg (5), very thin sliver of homemade quiche (3)
and then instead of the planned porridge I had 2x Cadbury's caramel bunnies (6) - bought for me by a colleague so it would have been rude not to!

Total 33pp

Didn't make the cakes or do the exercise.

Off to bed now!

Hi Sinead!

It was nice Daisy, I took the skin off the sausages and broke them up so it looked more like mince than sausage really.

Lovely shift last night, very busy but lovely!

Food for yesterday:

Breakfast - but at 5pm - 6pp
Yoghurty bran flakes and skimmed milk

At work 15pp
Ww pitta (3), el philly (1), ham (1), salad leaves (0), strawberries (0), Shape caramel yohurt (3).

Then I didn't have time to have my ready meal so I just picked at a few crisps, I'm going to grossly over estimate and say 7pp worth.

Total 21/34

Working Easter weekend has worked out pretty well diet wise, I would have eaten loads more if I'd spent it with family and friends!

Off to bed for a few hours now before my daughter comes home at 12!

Hi inmydreams!

Urgh I hate finishing night shifts always feel a bit rubbish and hungover. Consequently I haven't had anything to eat today yet as I've spent most of the day lying around. Going to have pizza and garlic bread for tea and some Easter egg later on.

1/2 pizza express margherita 8pp
1/2 co-op reduced fat garlic baguette 6pp

Which leaves 20pp for chocolate!

Back