Friday Night Dinner

kimberleycandukan

Silver Member
What to eat?!?!
Ughhh!!!
On a PP day. Don't eat meat and SICK of fish!!!

I've had:-
B:-2 veggie sausages
S:- no fat yoghurt
L:- 1 boiled egg & cottage cheese
S:-boiled egg.

I want me some dinner!!!!!
I can't bear the thought of salmon, tuna, mackerel, kipper, CRABSTICK- UGHHH!!!

Should I make an omlette? I've already had 2 eggs today.
Veggie sausages? Already had for brekkie and the carb/fat is a little higher than other things I ate.

Have run out of cottage cheese- just went to THREE supermarkets and couldn't get any!!!

I've bought some quorn fillets- aka chicken fillets so perhaps could do something with those...

Don't mean to grumble but ARGHHHH

Its Friday!!
I can't get that Friday night feeling :cry:
No pizza and ice-cream, no indian takeaway- certainly no going out for drinks with the girls!!!!!!!!
Sat in stinking of egg and fed up of food.

Have you had your oatbran today? You could knock up some muffins or Dukan bread fairly quickly ...

Can you buy some Quorn pieces another time and flavour them with something like chilli, garlic, thyme? Or Quorn tikka?

How about the Diet Coke chicken recipe (on the threads) but with quorn?

And, yes it's eggy, but I posted the method for foo yung earlier today - it's one of my staples and on a PP day you can just use a few onions instead of veg.

You CAN do this! Keep the faith :)

P x

Sorry for my grumble.
I've eaten and am sane again. I ended up having a quorn fillet with a dollop of extra light garlic and herb philly and it was actually lovely!
Shall definitely prepare some marinades and sauces this weekend so this doesn't happen again.
Will check out your recipe for the foo foo yung pauline. I'm well up for trying some news dinners!
Thanks for your constant positivity and support! :)

I noticed a few supermarkets have had trouble stocking cottage cheese at the moment. Sainsburys havent had any for a few weeks-not sure whats going on?!

glad you found something nice to eat.xx

Don't know if you have tried the fish pate blitz mackerel or trout or tuna with cottage cheese or quark and balsamic - delish!!!!

I noticed a few supermarkets have had trouble stocking cottage cheese at the moment. Sainsburys havent had any for a few weeks-not sure whats going on?!

glad you found something nice to eat.xx

Ah so it's not just me mis-timing my shopping (evenings)? I'd noticed it has got pretty bad after Easter.... I WANT MY COTTAGE CHEESE *sob* ;-)

I'd be really interested to find out what's going on!

What to eat?!?!
Ughhh!!!
On a PP day. Don't eat meat and SICK of fish!!!

I've had:-
B:-2 veggie sausages
S:- no fat yoghurt
L:- 1 boiled egg & cottage cheese
S:-boiled egg.

I want me some dinner!!!!!
I can't bear the thought of salmon, tuna, mackerel, kipper, CRABSTICK- UGHHH!!!

Should I make an omlette? I've already had 2 eggs today.
Veggie sausages? Already had for brekkie and the carb/fat is a little higher than other things I ate.

Have run out of cottage cheese- just went to THREE supermarkets and couldn't get any!!!

I've bought some quorn fillets- aka chicken fillets so perhaps could do something with those...

Don't mean to grumble but ARGHHHH

Its Friday!!
I can't get that Friday night feeling :cry:
No pizza and ice-cream, no indian takeaway- certainly no going out for drinks with the girls!!!!!!!!
Sat in stinking of egg and fed up of food.

I didn't realise you could have veggie sasuages!!! I like the sound of this.. is quorn allowed to? Or are these for replacing meat only?

Yes you can have quorn but not quorn products ie., sausages,burgers etc x

I didn't realise you could have veggie sasuages!!! I like the sound of this.. is quorn allowed to? Or are these for replacing meat only?

Because I don't eat meat Elaine, and don't want to turn into a fish I have had the odd quorn sausage. Thing is the fat content in these quorn products is much higher than in say- a bowl of prawns- so could drastically interfere with your own personal weight loss. I kind of look at the content and weigh things up. I bought a pack of quorn "frankfurters" and decided the fat was too much so gave them to my bro. But I have had, as I say a few sausages now and still lose everyday. Quorn fillets are fab- but you may as well eat chicken as there's going to be far more protein.

Ah so it's not just me mis-timing my shopping (evenings)? I'd noticed it has got pretty bad after Easter.... I WANT MY COTTAGE CHEESE *sob* ;-)

I'd be really interested to find out what's going on!

I managed to get a tub of cheese and chive cottage cheese from Tessies yesterday. It was their new everyday value range and it was absolutely vile. Chucked the lot.
Went to browse in waitrose last night (I could never afford to shop there, but like to look round for fun) and found a larger tub for around £1.60- quite expensive but I had to try it as I've gone so long without and it is absolutely delicious. In fact so rich (no fat- don't worry) that I could only manage a few mouthfuls so think it will last longer, and I can therefore deal with the cost.

Hope you find some soon!!

I LOVE the Waitrose cottage cheese and it usually has a really good 'use by' date too. Well worth a few extra pennies :D

P x

kimberleycandukan said:
Because I don't eat meat Elaine, and don't want to turn into a fish I have had the odd quorn sausage. Thing is the fat content in these quorn products is much higher than in say- a bowl of prawns- so could drastically interfere with your own personal weight loss. I kind of look at the content and weigh things up. I bought a pack of quorn "frankfurters" and decided the fat was too much so gave them to my bro. But I have had, as I say a few sausages now and still lose everyday. Quorn fillets are fab- but you may as well eat chicken as there's going to be far more protein.

Ah thanks, my bf is veggie so always have them in. Thanks hen!

Back