Fridge and freezerless food

Atomic pink

Gold Member
Well it looks like my fridge freezer has died. The fridge won't get below 6 degrees and the freezer won't get below -8degrees. Firstly do people think the fridge is still save to use? The internet is suggesting anything over 4 degrees is a bit dicey...

Secondly I would be very grateful for any suggestions for SF dinners, lunches, snacks that don't involve me having to go to the shop every day. The engineer isn't coming out until friday, but I am not optimistic. Previous experience suggests it won't get fixed, or at least won't stay fixed so a long wrangle with the warranty company will ensue about getting a replacement.

We seem doomed with fridge freezers. We have only had this one 4/5 years and the previous one only lasted about 3 years. I don't mistreat them - honest! Just out of interest how long do other people's last? This last one was quite an expensive Miele one, which we bought thinking it would last us much longer.

Our fridge only lasted 5 yrs!

I know u have no freezer but if u can get some ice blocks in the fridge with the door shut it will keep the temp down!

I wouldn't keep any fresh meat/ dairy in ur fridge tho!

Back