• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

friend doing come dine with me style night! help!

helenh123

Hi there
Im pretty new to SW, started last week and lost 7 pound already so feeling really happy and motivated right now!

only problem is my friend has text to organise a 'come dine with me' style night and im in a proper panic! i know the food will all be really high in syns and i just dont know what to do! has anybody got any advice about what i could say to get out of it or encourage them to be healthier? this friend doesnt know im on SW as i wud rather keep that private!
please help!!
helen

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Great advice form Hannah - remember sw isn't a get quick slim diet but a healthy way of life so unless you never ever go out again, things like this will happen. So save some syns from each day of the week (say 5 = extra 35 + 15 for that day = 50 syns for the meal) and then go and enjoy yourself x

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Personally, if it was me I'd do one of two things.

I'd either tell them I was following SW, and suggest ingredients I could/couldn't have, cut back on the drink, etc.

Or, I'd just have a flexi-Syn day. Enjoy the meal and get back on plan the next day.

helenh123

Thank u everybody for your suggestions! in the end i told my friend i was doing 'healthy eating' and the menu doesnt sound too bad to be honest. Decided to not drink alcohol and not have the dessert so i should be fine as im not planning to use many syns this week anyway! thanks so much for posting back!

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Not sure i could resist dessert lol (id prefer to just have small amount) x Hope you have a great evening x