friend doing come dine with me style night! help!

helenh123

Hi there
Im pretty new to SW, started last week and lost 7 pound already so feeling really happy and motivated right now!

only problem is my friend has text to organise a 'come dine with me' style night and im in a proper panic! i know the food will all be really high in syns and i just dont know what to do! has anybody got any advice about what i could say to get out of it or encourage them to be healthier? this friend doesnt know im on SW as i wud rather keep that private!
please help!!
helen

Great advice form Hannah - remember sw isn't a get quick slim diet but a healthy way of life so unless you never ever go out again, things like this will happen. So save some syns from each day of the week (say 5 = extra 35 + 15 for that day = 50 syns for the meal) and then go and enjoy yourself x

Personally, if it was me I'd do one of two things.

I'd either tell them I was following SW, and suggest ingredients I could/couldn't have, cut back on the drink, etc.

Or, I'd just have a flexi-Syn day. Enjoy the meal and get back on plan the next day.

Thank u everybody for your suggestions! in the end i told my friend i was doing 'healthy eating' and the menu doesnt sound too bad to be honest. Decided to not drink alcohol and not have the dessert so i should be fine as im not planning to use many syns this week anyway! thanks so much for posting back!

Not sure i could resist dessert lol (id prefer to just have small amount) x Hope you have a great evening x

Back