Friendly groups to share ideas

Elisheba

No matter what, carry on!
I became a member in several FB groups on the Dukan diet and I noticed in the large groups people tend to judge you without knowing much about you, there is a lot of bossing around from the "veterans" of the diet.
So I thought of posting here a friendly dukan group where no one bosses people around and where we can support and encourage each other : https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendlydukan/

Hi Elisheba, this is the only group i've ever come across for dukan. Never thought of looking on FB. I am a member of other groups on there however and there are always people who think they are experts and others who are just plain rude. What works for one may not for another and we all know what tweaks work for us and what don't. I definitely have a couple of cheats on dukan which i know i can get away with and make it slightly more bareable for me to stick to. There is no wrong if it works for you!
My biggest tip is to eat lots. The more protein you eat the more you loose. I actually forgot about that on day 1 yesterday so will try to up it today.

As a previous member of the official Dukan site I must agree with you. If I admitted to failing and having a piece of fruit I would me immediately become the butt of some quite unpleasant rebuts! :rolleyes:

Exactly. In large groups there will always be people who are rude and think they know best.
This group has only 4 members and it is a friendly.
It is just a tiny safe space because I felt harassed on the larger groups.
You can join if you want.

Well it sounds good to me! I have thought about it over and over. I shall go and find my book. Will need to wait until I have done a shop. I am a bit worried about the muzzy head effect but I don't think I was drinking enough water last time!!
Thanks for the invitation. Most appreciated.

Thanks for the info about the facebook group. I joined and wrote a post but then deleted it again lol. I didn't realise it was a public group and that all my friends would see when i commented. I like to keep my diet woes to myself and like minded strugglers so i'll stick to writing here for now. I will follow the posts though to see how others are getting on and hopefully get some new ideas for recipies etc x

I understand you privacy concerns and I changed the settings so now it is a closed group. I think you are right about this.

Back