friends ignoring your weight loss

hi, i have been with Slimming world since July 2011 and have lost 3 stone 9 pounds and whilst most of my friends have been very supportive i have noticed that one 'friend' in particular has ALWAYS ignored my Facebook Slimming World updates and has never commented or liked any of my weight loss stuff...whilst she goes to town commenting on her other friends stuff...she has also never mentioned my weight loss when she's seen me...and the difference is VERY obvious now....has anyone else had problems like this?makes me feel like rubbish:(

hmm I would say if shes supportive to other friends then shes either jealous of you, or doesnt like what you are doing.

Don't let silly people like that bug you. You are doing this for YOURSELF and no body else!

Even if you get no support from ANYONE in your real life situation, you'll always get lots of lovely people here for your support. x

Look at it this way, no matter if she says anything or not, YOU have lost weight, YOU have been successful in changing your lifestyle, YOU now look great, YOU feel better.
SHE has a problem, obviously, but it's NOT your problem, so carry on looking great, living well and feeling fabulous.

I've got similar with a friend of mine, she's one of my best mates and we're both big - she's bigger than me, but taller too so we're about the same. I've only told my closest mates I'm doing this, and everytime I lose anything and have told her (she never asks) she says something like 'well done, god I wish I could do this, I've put 3lb on in the last fortnight, i mean I do more exercise than you blah blah blah' and it ends up making ME feel bad, like I'm letting her down!

I say appreciate the people who ARE supportive, and if your friend needs / asks for your help slimming in the future, as she most likely will, that's your compliment there x

Everyone has one of these in their life. Mine's my mum. Just ignore it & carry on loosing until you are happy with yourself x

Once again a very funny definition of the word friend:confused:

I thought they were meant to be supportive among other things. Or at least if critical it has to be constructive.

Of course, having re-read the post you mentioned Facebook!

'Nuff said;)

Don't let it make you feel rubbish. Facebook makes stuff like this all the more obvious or sometimes makes things distorted.
Your friend may have her own insecurities and your great success may be making her feel worse about herself. Hopefully she can work through this and then it won't be an issue any more.
Well Done on your loss...how about shring some pics with us so we can se hte difference!? :)

My MIL is the same - I've lost 3.5 stone and she asks "is the diet making any difference? - I can't tell!" After I'd lost my first stone she looked me up and down and told me I'd piled a lot of weight on recently. It's taken all of my efforts not to shout at her!

OMG!!!Helzzz, that's a terrible thing for your MIL to say...3.5 stone is loads and of course she'll be able to tell, she's just trying to make you fall off the wagon if you know what i mean....I've now lost 3 stone 11 pounds and i've bought lots of new smaller sized dresses but this xmas i've not had one single invitation anywhere!!would love to go and show my weight loss off but it looks like its not going to happen:(

OMG!!!Helzzz, that's a terrible thing for your MIL to say...3.5 stone is loads and of course she'll be able to tell, she's just trying to make you fall off the wagon if you know what i mean....I've now lost 3 stone 11 pounds and i've bought lots of new smaller sized dresses but this xmas i've not had one single invitation anywhere!!would love to go and show my weight loss off but it looks like its not going to happen:(

I'm rising above it all for the sake of keeping the peace.

Well done on your loss; and don't wait for invitations, make them happen. Your new figure and wardrobe deserve a night out.

My MIL is the same - I've lost 3.5 stone and she asks "is the diet making any difference? - I can't tell!" After I'd lost my first stone she looked me up and down and told me I'd piled a lot of weight on recently. It's taken all of my efforts not to shout at her!
Why are some people so horrible?

That's so horrid what ur MIL said! I commend u on biting ur Tongue! I was at my works do on Friday and one lady has lost 2.5stone, I don't know her really well but I heard some women mocking saying "where from?! You can't tell?!" I could not bite my Tongue and pointed out what a great achievement it was and I'm sure she would succeed to goal if she was supported! I swifty left the conversation after that. I'm sure Those ladies would love to lose that much weight!! Jealousy is an ugly thing. I use to go to sw with a friend a few years ago who was doing really well and it spurred me to focus and try, we use to gym together and became close but as soon as I gained momentum in my weight lose she wouldn't train with me and I went alone for a while but it's not the same as if u have a support system to help!

Miss Lindsay said:
That's so horrid what ur MIL said! I commend u on biting ur Tongue! I was at my works do on Friday and one lady has lost 2.5stone, I don't know her really well but I heard some women mocking saying "where from?! You can't tell?!" I could not bite my Tongue and pointed out what a great achievement it was and I'm sure she would succeed to goal if she was supported! I swifty left the conversation after that. I'm sure Those ladies would love to lose that much weight!! Jealousy is an ugly thing. I use to go to sw with a friend a few years ago who was doing really well and it spurred me to focus and try, we use to gym together and became close but as soon as I gained momentum in my weight lose she wouldn't train with me and I went alone for a while but it's not the same as if u have a support system to help!

Well done you for NOT biting your tongue! if we all look out for each other then we'll have our own support network.

Back