Friends keep asking me to go out...help?

My friends keep insisting we go out for food. I'm only on day three and have had to decline several times and I'm already running out of excuses. It's the only time we get to meet up and lucky for them they must have high metabolism because they eat and eat and there is nothing of them. Me however look at food and put on weight.

Has anyone been out for a meal and been able to stay strong while there? I don't want this diet to ruin my social life but I'm unsure how much my willpower will hold out!

It's not especially sociable especially these early days is it? I've just been hibernating for week one & would find it tough going out and sitting watching! I had to endure last weekend and watching family members eating Chinese food which smelt lovely, but I oddly felt kind of empowered & pleased with myself once I'd got through it! Hang in there, keep strong & my advice til you get a couple of weigh ins behind you to keep you motivated would be to avoid social eating situations. Maybe just meet the friends in a home environment initially & save a vanilla shake for then & mix in some coffee so you feel like your enjoying a costa coffee experience lol

I have been out for the odd meal and not eated, after the initial shock they left me alone and it didnt bother them. However I could not have done it in week one as I was starving until day 4 or 5.

Do they know you are doing LT and what it entails? If they don't then perhaps you should tell them and that might make it easier for them to not put you in awkward situations, especially this early on... If they already know, then perhaps you need to be firmer and explain you don't want or need the temptation they are putting in your way. x x

Back