from chunky but funky to skinny minnie :)

lauren2244

Hi
i have been reading through everyone diaries and decided that it is time I started one :)
For as long as I can remember I have been larger than the average person and it wasn't until April 2 years ago when I went along to my first slimming world meeting that I realised how bad it was,I weighed in at 18st 9lbs! The weight flew off me quite quickly and before I knew it I had lost 4st 13.5lbs but then it was christmas and I missed a few weeks and before I knew it I had put 2st back on :cry:there is no denying that slimming world works, I just got lazy!

So what brings me here today? I booked a holiday to magaluf last June with my skinny friend with the aim of really sticking to slimming world and being at target by the time I go (1st August). This of course didn't happen so I turned to Cambridge :) I have done this diet a couple of times before but never managed to make it past the second week but this time I am more than determined as I don't want to be referred to as the fat one on holiday lol

i am currently at the beginning of day 9 and at my first weigh in I lost 10lbs so that now leaves me 5st 5lbs to target by August 1st. I don't want to speak too soon but I seem to be finding it a lot easier this time but I am just taking every day as it come :)

Sorry for all the rambling and thanks for reading :)
x

Hi
i have been reading through everyone diaries and decided that it is time I started one :)
For as long as I can remember I have been larger than the average person and it wasn't until April 2 years ago when I went along to my first slimming world meeting that I realised how bad it was,I weighed in at 18st 9lbs! The weight flew off me quite quickly and before I knew it I had lost 4st 13.5lbs but then it was christmas and I missed a few weeks and before I knew it I had put 2st back on :cry:there is no denying that slimming world works, I just got lazy!

So what brings me here today? I booked a holiday to magaluf last June with my skinny friend with the aim of really sticking to slimming world and being at target by the time I go (1st August). This of course didn't happen so I turned to Cambridge :) I have done this diet a couple of times before but never managed to make it past the second week but this time I am more than determined as I don't want to be referred to as the fat one on holiday lol

i am currently at the beginning of day 9 and at my first weigh in I lost 10lbs so that now leaves me 5st 5lbs to target by August 1st. I don't want to speak too soon but I seem to be finding it a lot easier this time but I am just taking every day as it come :)

Sorry for all the rambling and thanks for reading :)
x

Aha, I was just wondering if you had a diary - and as if by magic, it appears! :D Holidays are great motivation for diets - you can do this! :clap: And you're right - week 2 can be tricky but just make up your mind you're going to keep going no matter what the scales say at your next weigh in. Try not to think about how much more you've got to lose - stay focused on what you've achieved instead. This diet really does get easier as you go along so long as you don't get sucked in to being frustrated by the scales not moving (and we all do, don't think anyone's immune!). Just come here and tell us, and we'll keep telling you how brilliantly you've done and to JUST KEEP GOING!! :D

Well done on getting to day 9!

Thank you :)
i decided to start a diary to keep me motivated in moments of crisis lol
i have made my self a motivation chart which I colour in with the amount of weight I have lost each week and I also get a star for each day I stick to plan, sounds silly but it works for me :)
one of the guys I work with has also bet me £170 that I won't do it, sounds mean but in his words he feels I need some motivation and being quite a competitive person this sort of thing works for me :) I shall enjoy taking his money and proving him wrong :)
x

Oh wow how cool is that!! You have to do it just to get the 170 off your workmate lol!! That would really motivate me lol!! xx

Why £170 though? Why not £200? Seems like a rather random amount. :)

Lol 170 quid is an odd amount but if its for free its not to be turned down haha!! Xx

I have just made two lots of creme egg chocolate brownies for the guys at work and am very proud to report that i didn't lick the spoon/bowl/my finger once. I really enjoy baking and glad to know I can still do it and not feel tempted to eat it, gives me a great sense of achievement :)
x

I have just made two lots of creme egg chocolate brownies for the guys at work and am very proud to report that i didn't lick the spoon/bowl/my finger once. I really enjoy baking and glad to know I can still do it and not feel tempted to eat it, gives me a great sense of achievement :)
x

Wow- well done Lauren... I could never be so strong! Well done you. P.s. creme egg chocolate brownies?!?? YUM! X

Back