From Exante to Weightwatchers....still going strong!

hollyadele

slowly shrinking!
Thought I'd post this on here because I started my journey with Exante and it just felt weird posting the WW section! I am still going strong and finally had the pleasure of buying 2 new pairs of jeans in size 12! After weighing myself this morning I am 11stone 13lbs so have lost 32.5lbs in total, a couple more lbs and I'll hit the 2 and a half stone loss mark!

I feel amazing, i am happier and for the first time ever I know I have changed my eating habits forever. During this process so far I have endured many events including birthdays and weddings but can truly say I've not gained a single lb since day one, the most dissapointing weeks have been the 2 STS which I'm over the moon about.

I'm going to keep updating you with my weigh - ins each monday morning. I don't go to any meetings at all, I have done weight watchers 100% on my own. To change over I followed the liprotrim re-feeding program (same one that jojo did, also a weighwatchers girl now on here) and lost a lb that week so it proves it can be done without gaining anything.

Good luck everyone, hope my story so far will motivate some of you when you lose confidence in yourselves.

Hol xxx

Yay! Someone has come to join me on WW!

I know what you mean about not wanting to post on the WW board as this felt like home to me. Doing exante was the best thing I ever did, it not only gave me an incredible kick start to my diet but it also made me realise just how much willpower and control I have within me.

I think I got he balance right with the timing of moving over, I felt great being 4 stone lighter but I was ready to feel normal again and re educate myself on healthy eating habits.

Good luck and keep coming on here, we can support and assist each other with the last little bit.

Both diets work if you are willing to put in the commitment and know in your head that this is how life is from now on and forever. Healthy eating and exercise and now part of my life and I love it, I feel so so so much better. And as I write this on my way to work in my size 12 skinny jeans and knee high boots and feel on top of the world!

You really do keep me motivated - it is so nice to be able to share your success stories on here. xxx

Hey jojo! You're thread about going to ww was what helped me decide to go onto ww in the first place, and I copied your re-feeding plan taken from the liprotrim diet!
I completely agree, exante was the best thing I ever did and it has changed my life completely, I start university on Monday as a student nurse. Not only will I feel great about my self without being self concious but I will be able give help and advice about weight related illness without being a hypocrite, something I was really worried about.

I feel like I've changed for life and although I've still got a way to go, I am facing each weigh in with confidence rather than self doubt like I used to before exante.

Thankyou for sharing your story with us jojo!

And "iwannabeme" I'm so glad I can be a motivation for you. I'm still on my journey so let's do this together and be losers!!

Hol x

I'm glad my thread helped you! Not sure where you got the lipotrim refeed from though as I didn't do one! I moved directly from exante to WW :)

Oh god knows where I got it from then!! Either way it worked so sod it!! Xx

Well I've had to weigh in a day early and will be weighing in on Sundays from now on as I'm starting uni and don't fancy weighing in at 6am!!

Lost 2lbs this week which I'm happy with, here's to being a massive loser!!

Hol x

Well done!

My husband took me away for the weekend and I totally over indulged so I'm dreading weigh in on Wednesday! I think I will gain this week but I'm back on track today and have just done a mega workout at the gym.

Well just weighed in and I've stayed the same, think I've reached that weight where its becoming increasingly difficult to lose. I don't usually have my weeklies but sometimes I dip into them and this week I had 24 of my 49 weeklies and stayed the same. :(

I've decided I'm going to cut out fizzy diet drinks, try to up my complex carbs to replace the white carbs I seem to have started eating daily :s and start exercising. I've not really exercised apart from walking since starting this journey but I think I'm going to end up stuck at this weight if I don't get active.

Had my freshers week at uni so I'm oficially a student nurse now! Its going to be hard finding this time to exercise but I'm sure 45 minutes a day won't kill me and I'll feel much better for it!

Right, time to crack on with this housework!!

Hol x

I think it's easy at this stage to have a STS or a small gain. I gained last week after a VERY indulgent weekend away, but the good thing was that it came right back off this week by just returning to normal WW, plus an extra 1/2lb. We are similar BMI and cannot expect mega losses every week. I think at times it will be a bit like 2 steps forward and 1 step back but even if that is the case we are still moving in the right direction!

I'm going to try and have a really good week and do a few extra classes at the gym this week to try and get well into the 10s. Hope you are having fun with freshers week - have a few treats but keep your eye on the points! xx

Hey jojo, its a relief to know that I'm not the only one feeling like I'm going along at a snails pace! I've been really good at freshers week, not had any extra treats this week but have dipped into my weeklies and had 30 of them which isn't like me really, I'm hoping the weeklies will boost my metabolism and get me going again!!

Well today is weigh in day, I've lost half a lb! Its tiny, miniscule, but its going in the right direction.

Here's to next week being a mega loser week!!

Hol x

It's still a loss and going in the right direction! I think now we are so near goal it's bound to slow down. Most of the time I'm ok with it going slow, my weekends are becoming more relaxed now but it shows that I can still lose small amounts even while having good weekends and it makes me feel better about maintaining.

Occasionally I feel a bit impatient though as I really love clothes shopping now but am reluctant to buy much new stuff as I know that 7lb now makes quite a big difference in clothes so I'm hanging on until goal.

I think we both should be there in plenty of time for Xmas - just think of those party dresses!!

Weigh in day today and I've lost 2lbs this week and feel great about it, starting uni has been scary because I thought I would revert back to old habits but I haven't at all, I've not gained once since starting exante and I'm now at a point where I'm really happy with just a 1-2lb loss each week. I find that eating all my weekly points on sunday and monday seems to speed my metabolism up and so I'm sticking to it.

I need to start focussing on toning and cardio to get fitter and look my best, tracey anderson method is definitely being re-visited soon!

Hol x

Motivation that i am needing right now!!! thankyou xx

Well had another good week and managed to shift 2lbs! Since I've started eating my weeklies on the first 2 days of the week and starting to very slowly increase my exercise it seems to be having a good effect! This week I'm going to do even more execise and start some toning work outs too! Here's to another great week!

Hol x

Just a quick update, I've hit my personal goal of losing 3 stone and only have 10lbs to go before I hit my final goal. I am happier than ever and have been exercising 5 times a week and am noticing the difference its making to my body. I feel amazing and my size 12's are starting to have quite a bit of extra room in them! I think if a size 11 in jeans existed then I would be it right now! Here's to losing the last 10lbs and keeping it off forever :)

Hol xx

I'm glad I found this thread! Sounds like you've done really well, hollyadele :)

I've been on Exante for 15 weeks and have been trying to decide if I should buy 1 more bumper pack or go to Weight Watchers when I get to week 16. So hard to know what to do!

I'd like to lose another 21lb if possible.

Hi all, it's been ages since I've been on here but the good news is that I now weigh 10st 10lbs. My original goal was 10st 7lbs but I'm lowering it to 10st 2lbs and will see how I feel then.
I've been able to maintain my weight throughout Christmas, weddings and bday parties so I finally feel like I've achieved what I set out to do, get in control of my weight.
I'm still following weight watchers but without the meetings, and I've started going to the gym 4-5 times a week j. Order to shift this last 8lbs.
Anyway that's me. Just thought I'd get back on here to get motivated!
Here's to a slim future forever :)
Hol x

I'd be interested if someone could link me up with details of the Lipotrim refeed week :)

Back