From fat belly to pregnany belly (hopefully)

Pinkylous

Today is the start of my journey from being fat to pregnant hopefully.

I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years now with one miscarriage last month. My doc has put my fertility issues down to being fat as there's nothing else wrong with me apparently.

So here goes. 17stone 10lbs hoping to get down to 10 stone 10lbs putting my bmi around 22.5%.

I can't try anyway for the next 3 months due to having to get the MMR jab tomorrow so going to take my obsession from baby making to fat fighting instead.

I'm going to keep this diary to help me with my struggles.

I don't expect anyone's support just the fact I'm writing it down will help me hopefully :0)

Last edited:
Well yesterday was a complete wipe out. I didn't eat as bad as I usually would but I certainly didn't eat as good as I wanted.

Today has been better.

Salad for lunch and a small portion of mince and dumplings for tea. Roped my colleague into marching around the work premises for 20 mins on break in the afternoon and plan to do it 2 x 20 mins breaks tomorrow.

Can already tell this is going to be a very long and rocky road with many ups and downs.

Wish I could get my mind off trying to conceive and get it into losing the flab :0(

Hi Pinkylous,

I will be following your story as we are in a similar situation. To be fair, I haven't been trying to conceive but I am serverely over weight (as in 8 stone overweight, ouch) and I have previously miscarried. I want nothing more than to have a baby with my partner, we are totally ready, but I'm too scared to start trying at this weight as although I didn't struggle to get pregnant, I'm so worried I can maintain a pregnancy. The best of luck to you hun xxx

Thanks slimpip

I think you are doing the right thing in holding back as it is heart breaking when it doesn't happen or when it does finally happen and it's all over so quickly.

I didn't like the idea of giving up trying but I know it'll be the best thing in the long run for my health and for future children

Walked for 40 mins as planned yesterday and felt really good about it. Didn't eat any rubbish yesterday either and kept below 1400 cals.

Weighed myself this morning and lost 3lbs since Monday. Little disappointed as normally have a big loss in first week. But I suppose 3lbs is better than nothing.

3lbs since monday is fab hun. I have put 2 on since Tuesday even though I've been really good and doing loads of exercise, the only thing I can think of is that I was due on yesterday grrr. I'm sure it'll work itself out. What are you upto today? Im off to legs bums and tums in s bit :) x

Hi pinkylous,

Just wanted to say hi and hope everything is going well.

You have such an amazing end goal in sight!

I hope all goes well for you and look forward to seeing your progress.

x

Thanks everyone.

I'm still going at it. Walking 2 x 20 mins when I'm at work and at the weekend cleaning house is my exercise lol seriously put some Umph into it and I was sweating buckets.

I'm still sticking to under my 1400 cals even though I was dragged to McDonalds on Saturday with work, I chose wisely though and with the new golden rule of chew 20 times at least before swallowing I was full by the end of it (its unheard of me being full off a measly macdonalds lol) and didn't snack Inbetween lunch and tea.

Still really positive and I'm setting myself achievable targets for the future, although I'm not really looking forward to the weekend as my step daughter is staying over and I promised weeks ago (before I decided I needed to do this) that we'd have pizza and kebab (at her request) and have a movie girls night. I suppose it'll test my willpower and apparently everything is ok I'm moderation.

Ill have to remember portion control portion control portion control. X

I know that you shouldnt get weighed more than once a week but I thought id weigh myself this morning to give me a boost but im So disappointed I've been so good and I've put 1lb on ?. How??? No clue!!!! Furious!

I know that feeling hun. I worked so hard last week and had one naughty meal and put 1lb back on. Unfair!!! Keep going though, drink a shed load of water, I normally find that helps xx

I didn't realise drinking water was a major factor in weight loss? I've heard people say drink plenty of water but never know why?

I actually didn't drink that much yesterday hmmmm.

It's a naughty mid week weigh in so hopefully ill still have time to have lost my Friday morning. Doubt it though :0(

If you drink lots it just flushes out your system I find and stops you holding onto water hence the weight. Besides that it's great for your skin :) x

Ok never weighing mid week again. Stepped on the scales thus morning and I've lost another 2lbs since last Friday. So not a gain like the mid week weigh in was telling me. It's a good job I didn't crack like I usually would I think stuff it I've put on anyway so let's FEAST!

As much as I'd love to lose another 2lbs next week to take it to half a stone I can't see it happening with the weekend planned.

Ill still try to be good. Promise ?

Just walked 4 miles home from town and burnt 558 cals that makes me feel better for the badness planned for later :0) x

Just been to the pub for lunch and forgot to take my phone. Even though I thought I was making better choices than usual after putting my meal into my fitness pal I have just over shot my cals today by about 1000 absolutely gutted.

Pub meals = not worth it :0(

Felt so guilty I went for another 4.2 mile walk this evening to burn off the badness and planning on a 10 mile walk along the coastline some time this week :0)

Definitely feeling more determined than ever!

Good for you hun and hey don't beat yourself up so much!! 10 miles huh? I'd struggle with that as my feet are a bit messed up, very high arches and instep which gives me really sore feet. I'm really hoping as i lose weight this will improve. How's your weekend been otherwise? x

Stayed the same this week. Little gutted but complain after a take away and pub meal at weekend then a free bar at the staff night out on Tuesday including nicest BBQ ever and next day hangover binge.

10 mile walk today. I will get the half a stone next week!!!!!

Ok 10 mile turned into 11.3 mile. Ouch my feet hurt x

Flipping heck girl there's no stopping you. I weigh the same today as I did on Tuesday so if I'm not careful I'll sts on Tuesday. Off to play tennis in a bit :) derermined to lose.

What you got planned for the rest of today? X

Back