From Fat Blubber to Tough Mudder

CharleyBar

Hi All,

I have been on here a while but decided to start a diary as I don't want to lose momentum. I've lost just under 2.5 stone (1lb to go!!) on slimming world and by going to the gym in around 6 months but most of that's been in the last 3 as I have concentrated more! I have in general become healthier in the last year as well I have stopped smoking and cut down drinking to a minimum and am hoping to compete in the Tough Mudder competition next year with my boyfriend. My boyfriend is super healthy (and smoking hot) so a part of me is also doing this to give him a healthier and more confident girlfriend. Also, as with everyone I think to a certain degree, part of me is doing this for vanity. I want to be able to wear nice clothes and get my legs out!!

My start weight - 15 st 8.5

Current Weight - 13 st 2.5

Goal weight (preliminary) 10 st 8.5

So, please, have a nosey at my diary. Tell me if you have any suggestions or tips, if I'm doing something wrong or something you can recommend! I mostly do EE but could be persuaded to do an odd green or red.

Today's Food:

Breakfast:

Nothing - Bad Start!!!

Snack:

Slice of chocolate soreen (5 syns)

Lunch:

Chicken & Chorizo Pasta salad with med veg and salad leaves plus grated cheese (3 syns & HEA)

Tangerine jelly with tangerine segments and a vanilla muller light. (1/2 syn)

Dinner:

Tomato and Basil Chicken with thinly sliced potatoes and a side salad with fat free dressing

image-3961658398.jpg

After the gym :

2 slices of toast (400g loaf) with low syn homous (HEB +1 syn)

Charlotte x

Last edited:
Woke up early this morning feeling very refreshed - I have no idea why.

Breakfast:

Apple and Nectarine 2 poached eggs on 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf with 1 tbsp of Hollandaise sauce. (HEB + 4 syns)

Snack:

Banana Diet Coke Handful of grapes

Lunch:

Homemade Beef Chilli with Pasta, 2 tbsp of low fat natural yoghurt and reduced fat cheese and a side salad of lettuce tomato cucumber grated carrot and sweetcorn. (1 syn + 1/2 HEA)

Dinner:

Oven cooked salmon fillet with sauce made from lemon juice and EL philly, new potatoes, samphire and baby leeks. (1/2 HEA)

Had team drinks after work and I was very good and stuck to water. Then hit the gym for a weights session and some cardio. I actually look forward to going to the gym each week now, very odd! Did my usual treadmill session but added an incline, had the biggest stitch but persevered! I left looking like a beetroot. Much better day food wise than yesterday. My aim for my Monday weigh in is a 2.5lbs loss as I'm going in holiday on Tuesday and would love to be 13 stone exactly.

Yesterday wasn't the best day food wise.. I had such a busy day at work so lunch kind of went a bit "off plan".

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast:

Melon and yogurt (1 syn)

Snack:

Raspberry Macaroon (5 syns)

Lunch:

5 mini sandwiches on brown bread (15 syns)

Dinner:

Crab and clam chilli lime noodles with pak choi

Oh well today I am less stressed and have my lunch planned so hopefully I should still be able to reach my goal of 2.5 :)

Xx

Last edited:
Good luck - you are pretty much the same weight as me :) I am looking forward to getting to 13 stone for my 3 stone award, then sneaking down into the 12's, hopefully within the next 2 weeks :)

Hi :) yeah we do have similar stats! I'm off on holiday on Tuesday so trying to get to 13 stone for that! Trying not to have a gain while I'm away as well.

Good luck for your 3 stone award, you are doing so well!

Do you have a diary on here? X

Oooh where you off to? I went to India earlier in the year and I'm sure I'd lost or maintained as I came home on a friday night and weighed in on monday morning (not my usual time) and I'd gained 0.5lbs, when I got back I went out for the weekend eating, drinking whatever i liked and was convinced I'd gained on holiday so thought 'sod it'. Most important thing is being on track before and after, and during if you can :)

There is a link to my new diary in my signature below. I did have one before but I lost track over summer so have decided to start afresh for winter and get myself down to 11 stone for my next holiday in January :)

Oh wow, where abouts in India did you go? I'm heading to Dubai so it'll be nice and hot!! I'm definitely going to do damage limitation. I'm staying with my aunty and she has a treadmill so just going to try and do 10 mins a day.

I'll make sure to have a look at your diary as well I'm always looking for new recipes. My first target is 10 st 8.5 but want to be 11 st 8.5 by Christmas so we can help each other along.

Where you next travelling to in January then?

Another weekend over too quickly, although I'm only working Monday then off for 2 weeks holidays so can't really complain!

Friday's Food

Breakfast:

Tropical fruit salad

Lunch:

Crab and clam noodles (leftovers from dinner night before!) followed by M&S Count on us double chocolate sundae (8.5 syns)

Snack:

Chicken breast

Dinner:

Protein shake and a banana (6 syns)

Saturday's Food

Breakfast:

Vegetable Omlette 2 syns

Dinner:

Carbonara: 2 syns

Snacks while watching friends band: Crudités & syn free homous plus 2 glasses of champagne and a breadstick or 2 and variety dips! 20 syns - oops first night out for a while!

Sunday's Food

Breakfast:

Poached eggs on wholemeal toast with bacon and tomatoes.

Late Lunch:

Veal meatballs with med veg and tomato sauce and pasta (1 syn)

Snacks:

Jelly (1/2 syn) and muller light vanilla mixed with highlights caramel hit chocolate (3 syns)

xxx

Back from holiday and been following plan for the past few days but I need to stay focused as I want to reach my interim target of 11st 8.5 for Christmas.

Had a gain on Monday of 1lb which isnt too bad, but hoping to try and lose a couple of pounds this week. I have been to Netball, Zumba and the gym this week as well as sticking to plan so its possible.

Today I've had:

Breakfast: Peach with a Vanilla muller light

Lunch: Home made pasta salad - smoked salmon, egg, pasta, lettuce, carrot, red cabbage, baby corn and a bit of half fat mayo (2.5 syns).

Snack: Option Hot Choc (3 syns)

Dinner: Home made veal schnitzel with sw chips, carrots and broccoli with hollandaise sauce. (HEA+ HEB + 6 syns)

Snacks: Slice of half syn roulade ( which I tried for the first time and found absolutely YUM) 0.1 syn!

Mcvities digestives vanilla cheesecake creams - 3.5 syns

What a yummy day - went over by 0.1 of a syn...tut tut! xx

Last edited:
Weigh in tonight and lost 2 pounds. Hoping to try a few red days this week although had already planned a few meals which have potato or pasta so that may have to wait til Wednesday or Thursday. Going to the theatre on Wednesday night with work colleagues as well but if I stick to diet coke and stay away from the chocolates I should be ok. The plan is to go to wagamamas before but I may just take something in to heat up and have at work to save on syns as I doubt many things at wagamamas are red day friendly!! xxx

And isn't it satisfying when your BMI creeps from obese to overweight?? I can't wait to get mine in the 'normal' catagory, although thats a good 2 stone off I think!!

Ooh yes- it's great! I hate the O word, not tgy thrilled on this O word but its better than the last one!! 2 stone til I am "normal" gotta keep going!!

Went to see the bodyguard musical last night and had so much fun.

Also was my first time ever having a red day which was really enjoyable so I think I will also try one tomorrow :)

Been to Zumba tonight so fingers crossed I will get down to the 12s at Mondays weigh in xxx

Back