From Fat to Fabulous - Lucie's Journey

lucielou

Hey you guys!

So my name is Lucie, I'm a 20 year old uni student and my weight has been a massive problem for about 7 years. I am a comfort eater and I use food to reward and punish myself.. well I used to but not anymore as of yesterday!!! I have tried diet and diet and after and failed. I even did weight watchers last year for just 2 weeks but never gave it my full attention and was guessing points etc but I am now 100% focused now and I know I can do it! Just like all of you can :D I did a meal replacement plan (Cambridge diet) at the end of August and managed to lose a stone in 2 weeks... I was delighted with my loss but even after a few days of eating normally I could feel the weight going back on and when I weighed in at WW yesterday I had gained 9 of the 14 pounds!! I was desparate at the time to lose a lot before I went back to uni but I know the only way to sustain your losses long term is to eat less and move more!

I want something that doesn't deprive me of anything and that will allow me to enjoy my life so I know WW is the place for me! I am just so sick of my weight controlling my life. I want to be able to ask for a smaller size, not a bigger one. I want to be able to borrow my friend's clothes. I want to stop making excuses for going to social occassions because I feel too fat. I just want to start living my life the way a twenty year old should, because right now I am only exsisting.

So I went to my first meeting yesterday and was really nervous going back because I had failed before. But the moment I got in the door I knew I had done the right thing and everyone was so welcoming! I weighed in at 14'10 so have a pp allowance of 35 and was actually delighted that I wasn't over the 15 stone mark because I thought I would have been as I've been bingeing a lot recently. I also joined my college rowing team last week and it has been great!! I have never liked sports or exercise before but I love it! I have training 4-6 times a week which consists of cycling, rowing and running (well I half walk/jog) so I know it will be a great help with my weight loss!

I've a few things coming up next year which I really want to be at goal for! I'm studying to be a secondary school teacher and I have teaching practice for 2 months in March. My weight has destroyed my confidence and I want to be able to stand up at the top of a class and not be self conscious. I am also turning 21 in April and my dream would be to feel amazing that night! And next August I have a holiday in Spain and a wedding to go to... So I better get going!

Thurs 4th Oct
Breakfast: banana and kiwi smoothie with 1/2 pint of skimmed milk 2pp
Snack: fat free toffee yoghurt 2pp
Lunch: WW wrap with 2 slices of thin ham, lettuce, tomato and mayo light 5pp
Snack: Apple and lollipop 1pp
Dinner: WW sweet and sour chicken meal, some cauliflower 8pp
Snack: Bagel with cream cheese and WW hot choc with skimmed milk 11pp

TOTAL:
30/35 propoints
Exercise: 30 min walk

Friday 5th Oct
Breakfast: 2 weetabix with skimmed milk 5pp
Snack: Banana and fat free toffee yoghurt 2pp
Lunch: Shepherd's Pie and 2 spoons low cal beans 10pp
Snack: WW wrap on it's own 3pp
Dinner: John west French Style tuna light lunch 6pp (omg this was so good!!)
Snack: low cal hot choc with skimmed milk and curly wurly 7pp

TOTAl:
33/35 propoint
Exercise: 1 hour and a quarter rowing training (running and rowing)

I am so motivated right now to do this! I know it is going be tough but no pain no gain as they say! I hope all you have a had a great day and if not don't get bugged down. I was giving out about my weight recently and someone said to me that I need to realise that weight doesn't say anything about who we are as people and I think we need to remember that! Best of luck all x

Well done on getting through your first day and you sound so motivated which is great.

I'm looking at ww as a slow and steady loss, if I can lose 1lb a week that's almost 4 stone in a year without huge sacrifices!

Good luck and will follow your journey x

Yeah it really is the slower the better when it comes to weight loss! I'm aiming for a stone and a half by christmas so that would be around 2lbs a week... fingers crossed! Thanks so much, best of luck to you too! WE CAN DO THIS!!!! x

Hi hun, welcome to weight watchers! food looks great <3

Awh thank you so much! everyone is so supportive :) keep up the great work I shall be following you :D x

Hi and welcome to minimins its a great forum you will do great! Good luck x

Hi and welcome to minimins its a great forum you will do great! Good luck x

Thank you so much! same to you, you are doing amazing so far x

So today was a good say! I had rowing training at 8am which was horrible to get up for but it was a good workout so hopefully I burned a few calories..

Saturday 6th Oct
Breakfast: 2 weetabix, skimmed milk and banana: 5pp
Snack: kiwi and ww frommage frais 1pp
Lunch: john west tuna light lunch and ww wrap with ham and salad 11pp
Dinner: Shepherd's Pie and 3 spoons of beans 10pp

And I have kept enough points for a hot chocolate with skimmed milk and a curly wurly for later: 7pp

TOTAL: 35/35
Exercise: 1 hour and a half rowing

Hope everyone is doing well! I think sat is a hard day cos it is usually associated with yummy food for me anyway! keep it up guys :) x

Ah thanks I'm not feeling great today but ill be out of my huff by tomorrow.

How you finding it?? You going to a class? X

Saturdays are my easiest day to point! some people find the weekends killer! for some reason, tuesday is my bad day. Not sure why!

Lol its weird isn't it. My reason is I get weighed so I think I can be naughty but I have been off for a few days and I always fall then :( x

Hey there, subscribing to your diary .. giv us a shout if you need help on anything, ive been pp'ing for aaaages now! diaries looking great :D

Ah thanks I'm not feeling great today but ill be out of my huff by tomorrow.

How you finding it?? You going to a class? X

Awh hope you feel better soon, it's expected to have bad days! I'm finding it ok, I went to my aunts house today for dinner and my whole family were there. There was so many yummy desserts which were so tempting :( but i stuck to my sugar free jelly haha! yeah my meeting is on a thursday, i don't think i'd have the willpower to do it otherwise if it was only myself I had to weigh in for! are you going to a class? x

Hey there, subscribing to your diary .. giv us a shout if you need help on anything, ive been pp'ing for aaaages now! diaries looking great :D

Thank you so much! you are actually doing so so great!! not long to go to goal :) x

Day 3 down woohoo! Looking forward to my weigh in on Thursday already lol :) Did loads of exercise today which always makes me less likely to eat crap because I'll feel like all my pain was in vain haha!

Sunday 7th Oct
Breakfast: 2 weetabix with skimmed milk 5pp
Snacks: banana and kiwi
Lunch: Chicken fillet, loads of veg and gravy, sugar free jelly 6pp
Snack: ww fromaige frais 1pp
Dinner: 80g of pasta, chopped tomatoes 8pp... Hoping chopped tomatoes are free???
Snacks: curly wurly, lollipop and smoothie (banana,strawberries,skimmed milk) 7pp

TOTAL: 27/35
Exercise: 2 hours of rowing...sooo stiff now

Hope everybody is doing well!!! Thank you all for the support :) x

Awh hope you feel better soon, it's expected to have bad days! I'm finding it ok, I went to my aunts house today for dinner and my whole family were there. There was so many yummy desserts which were so tempting :( but i stuck to my sugar free jelly haha! yeah my meeting is on a thursday, i don't think i'd have the willpower to do it otherwise if it was only myself I had to weigh in for! are you going to a class? x

ahh thats what its like for me on a sunday.....its a family day and cakes sweets and all nice things lol. yea i go to a class on a saturday i tried on my own but i need to know im getting weighed at a time and place then i dont let myself down.

how are you finding it? x

ahh thats what its like for me on a sunday.....its a family day and cakes sweets and all nice things lol. yea i go to a class on a saturday i tried on my own but i need to know im getting weighed at a time and place then i dont let myself down.

how are you finding it? x

I'm finding it good to be honest... i'm having cravings but i've just been telling my self to wait a few minutes before i do anything and by then the urge has passed! i always find the first week or so ok though, it's after the novelty has worn off that things get hard for me... BUT hopefully not this time lol!! how did you get on today?

Hi and welcome to minimins :) hope you've had a lovely weekend, sounds like you're doing fab xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you so much jo!! you are doing so well, i love coming on here and seeing everyone losing because it's so motivational :) x

Although most people hate Monday... I actually love them because they bring a fresh start so I was super motivated this morning!

Mon 8th Oct
Breakfast: 2 weetabix, banana, 1/4 pint low fat milk 5pp
Lunch: ww wrap with 40g chicken and mayo light, low fat yoghurt 7pp
Snack: lollipop, packet of belvita biscuits 7pp
Dinner: ww ready made meal 10pp
Snacks: ww yoghurt, curly wurly, hot chocolate with half skimmed milk/half water 6pp

TOTAL: 35/35
Exercise: None oops!!!

Hope everybody has had a lovely day! best of luck tomorrow guys and girls x

Back