From fat to fabulous

h-meally

Ok then so here we go: my final journey.

Starting weight: 15st
Goal weight: 10st
Height: 172cm
size: 16on bottom, 18 on top (busty)

I have a few things to work for this year and next year. I'm also sick of being the fat friend!
My sisters graduation is this year at the end of July, by then I want to be 2st down (13st) at least!! It will be a massive achievement for me to get into the 11s and 12s though as I've never been in the 11s and although that would still be overweight for me it would still be huge!

I've signed upto weight watchers online so that I can track each day. I lost 2st on ww before but was at uni and gained it all back +1st :( all the times after that i tried to do it I wasn't totally committed. However, now I am newly single, new job, a new lease of life.

I've gone from a job in the pub where I could be working into the early hours to a job in the nhs with more regular and normal hours! This means I can squeeze in a more regular exercise routine.

I can't wait!! I'm so excited to start this journey!!

I will be keeping a little diary on here including up days, down days and weigh ins on Monday's.

Helena xxx

Good luck : ) I find having irregular hours contributed to me putting on weight too, hopefully the new job will help you stay on track.

My last job was a bit of a double edged sword, working with food, chips always there and constantly grazing, but I was walking round a lot more than I am with my current job, although I am loving not having my dinner at 1/2am!! I have found that I've had to drastically alter my eating patterns and tracking everything this week has helped a great deal.

This morning I was on a bit of a downer, not feeling as if I had lost anything as I weighed myself at a friends house and it had said I had put on. Loads. However, I usually weigh myself at home in the same spot or at work on proper scales, and this morning I weighed in at -2kg (4.4lbs)! That perked me up and so now I am on the right path I'm STAYING ON IT!

I haven't done any exercise this week but I am going to start on Monday as I have agreed to try and start training for next years London marathon. Before that though I'm going to enter to do the Birmingham run in October (13.1m). Considering I can't run 1 mile at the moment it'll be something great or me to achieve, and right now I really need a goal to work towards!

As wells this,one of my best friends is getting married next year and she's dropped the bomb that she wants to go to miami on her hen do with me and 1 of our other friends. Now you may think, oooo Miami, that's lovely! However the bride2b and other friend are both between a size 6&8. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a size 8 as I don't like the bones and with my hips I'd look like a starving cow! BUT I don't want to be the sz18 standing next to them in my tankini. So there's anger thing to light a fire under me!

I am going to set up some rewards for myself regarding weightloss. Ie for every stone I lose I'll treat myself to something material that I really want. NOT FOOD!! OR put an amount of money towards saving for my car/holiday/a new wardrobe for my future slimmer self.

Right. Well that's it until Monday which is official weighing in day for me :)
Helena

Good luck with your journey, I'm subscribing if you don't mind as we both had a similar start weight and similar goal weight :) x

Hi! Firstly good luck on your journey. I also started at same weight as you. So have subscribed to follow your progress x

Wow. Thanks for the great response guys!! Feel free to share away on here too!
Now that you lot are subscribing I can't let you down can I!! :p

How much have you all lost so far?

I started swimming before work now too. 630am in the pool for an epic stretch. I always feel better after a good swim!!

Helena xx

Iv lost around 20lb since january 25th this year through my on off dieting but back on to see it through this time :)

I just cant seem to get myself motivated enough to exercise, I think because I'm on SS I just haven't got enough energy at the moment. I know in a few weeks I'll pick up abit more and probably want to do everything!

Swimming is an excellent choice of exercise. I always sleep well after a swim! X

That's brilliant! Hopefully I'll be able to say that too by the end of June. Aiming for 2 stone by the end of July and between 2.5 and 3st by the end of August. I think I've got a life long battle on my hands concerning my weight but hopefully it will all become second nature to me once I realise that I can get down to a BMI within normal range. I know I'll get disheartened at some point. But I'm strong and can get through this!! Til the bitter end!!

I have started on the exercise path this week. So Monday was swimming, yesterday I didn't do anything, today I went to the gym and started the c25k thing. Now there's swimming and the gym to fit in tomorrow to make up for missing Tuesday. So far up to 9 activity propoints. Which is 9 more than I had last week!!

I'm in a really good mood today so I'll be ready and raring to go in the morning! Hopefully this will lead to some good weight losses this week!!

My little quote is keeping me going: motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going!!
Xx

So I made it to over 20 activity points for the week! And that was without doing the weight and toning exercises that I did today. I did have a Chinese last night, but I had all my weekly points left so I thought sod it! Let's have a little treat. I will keep Saturday nights as my treat night where I will use weekly points if I need to. This is because it's my birthday coming up and I'm going out the next two Saturdays. But overall I'm staying strong and I'm still positive!!
I had a good talk with my trainer today who's going to keep an eye on me throughout the coming weeks and keep me positive on my down days. He's encouraged me to just try running 2x a week until I drop a couple of kilos and to do cycling and x-training too.

I'm still feeling very positive, and I know it's going to be hard but I have a lot of support both here, at work and at home.

LET THE FABULOUS RETURN!

So unfortunately I've been at 93 for the last couple weeks. Nothing seems to be changing :( I have had a birthday complete with 5 day bender :( however I'm feeling really down in the dumps about things not moving properly. The exercise buzz is wearing thin now and I just want nice food!

So I had a big blow out over the birthday month and the bank holiday after going to Dublin, however, I am well and truly back on the wagon!! Taking it day by day though. Lb by lb. this week I've been to the gym 4 times and worked my little heart out. I was a bit demoralised that my weight hadn't gone down as much but I'm sure it'll catch up with me. I'm hitting it hard over the next 5 weeks especially because I'm going to my sisters grad and don't want to be looking as big as I did in my pictures. I'm already down nearly 1st since then but ideally I'd like to be in the 13s. I'm not buying an outfit for it either until the weekend before. I'm ready to be totally knackered! The plus side is also, that I'm not doing anything over the next 6 weeks - social wise, that is going to jeopardise it!! Just gotta keep my self control in check!!

Weight today: 14st 7lbs

Aiming for 2lbs/week

Ive just returned from the gym a very happy chappy that I'm starting to see some results. Being able to run longer, seeing results on the scales, just hope it looks like it on my body too to other people. Even though I'm doing this for myself its nice when people go :O you've lost weight!
Im going to see my friend from uni the weekend after my sisters Graduation, and she's never seen me below 14st 2, i want to be 13st7 and for her to go JESUS. i think this is realistic for July?
I have however cancelled my summer holiday to south of France. Decided i will treat myself when i get well and truly into the 'normal' or 'healthy' weight bracket for the BMI.

Excitement!!

Weight today: 14st 6lbs

:eek:

So I changed gyms this weekend, so that I can mix things up a bit. And this one includes a pool. I did fall off the wagon as well.
Looking back over my posts I go through peaks and troughs, but I'm trying to keep at a peak for now. Get some real losses off!!

Today's weight; 14st 6lbs :(

Next week hopefully -2lbs

Soooo, I haven't been keeping up with this as well as I should have.

Thank you jally for your encouragement! I feel it's going to be a life time battle for me!

I started on slimming world as my sister joined the week before and she lost 5lbs in her first week. She also seemed to be eating loads. So I thought, what have I got to lose, only 3-4stone! Ha. I've had 2 weigh ins so far and lost 2.5 each time. I was a bit disappointed with the first weigh in bit thought at least it's off and not on!

I was a little shocked when I got on the scales to see my initial weight: 14st 10
But hey, that's what you get for slacking!
My current weights 14st 5 and I weigh in on Thursdays.

I don't seem to be hungry and I'm eating loads so im happy as a fat pig in muck. I also feel assured that I'm getting my 5 a day.

Stay tuned!! 2stone by Xmas, target by my bday (mid may)

Stay positive! Xx

well done i have just join slimming world and so far lost 6lb im finding it very hard to stay on a diet but hope i can now after reading your blog.

Back