From Heavy Weight to FeatherWeight!

FeatherWeight

I figured it was now time after a week and a half of being on Exante to start a diary! The diary is firstly to keep me accountable, and secondly because I want jabber about the diet, but really don't want to bore people who have never heard of Exante :)

My experience so far has been mixed. I have been 100% so far, and haven't been overly tempted to eat real food which I am really happy about - it seems like everyone is eating my favourte things at the minute. I lost 10lbs first week which was great, and felt pretty great. Also I love the vanilla, chocolate mint, and Toffee caramel shakes :D. I love to read about you all, your great progress and I can only hope to do as well.

According to Ketone Sticks haven't got very far into Ketosis. I previously did Slim and Save and went to the high end of Ketosis easily - maybe it is because there is more carbs in Exante? My main worry is - because I am naughty and weigh frequently - is I have barely moved this week (as in it is the 6th day of week two and I have lost 2lbs :sigh:). I am going to make a conscious effort to increase my water (I have been having 3 liters or more a day) as maybe I need a bit extra? Also incase of water retention issues I have started my green tea tablets again.

I would love to know much water everyone else feels is optimum for this diet! Also is there any specific combination of the packs (eg porridge and shakes etc) which you feel increases your losses?

Also exercise, I have being doing some long walks with my OH, and I am going to do Kettlebells. Has anyone found something that they love?

I love this forum and the advice and inspiration you can find :)

Sorry for the essay of a first post. I will try and update frequently - although not post as much as this!

Cat x

Hi Cat. You've done amazingly well so fat to have lost 12lb in only a week and a half. That's nearly a stone! II'm a similar height to you and lost 8lb in the first week following which I lost 2 to 3lb a week. If you check the diaries, it's only those with much larger amounts to lose who lose a lot each week. It wouldn't be healthy for you and you'd get saggy skin! That being said, I'm not the best of dieters and have only just restarted after a somewhat overindulgent summer!
You also need to be careful about exercise for the first 2 or 3 weeks! Walks sound good. Quite a lot of people do the 30 day shred and 30 day squat programmes or go running. There is a good couch to 5k programme. I'm pretty useless at motivating myself having done all the previous to some extent. I've also got a gym membership and recently bought a bike!
Food wise, if you're doing 100%TS then you should have any combination but only have one bar a day. Some people have 4 exante meals rather than anything else if they can't manage on 3. I suppose best thing is to have the ones you prefer. I tend to have a shake or porridge for breakfast, a meal or a bar (if I'm out or at work) for lunch and a meal for tea. I am going to try to have some soups for meals too as I don't like them as much and have loads left!
Anyway, good luck with your diary and I look forward to reading about your progress.
Best wishes
Lynne

Thank you for your reply :).

You are of course correct, I do not want to have saggy elephant skin in the end! I am just so forward thinking that in my head I am done and I am just waiting for my body to catch up!!

I love to go on rambling walks - however I only remember when I want to lose weight. I get really fatigued on a regular basis due to Fibromyalgia, so I just lose all motivation to move! Maybe that also slowed this week down - I spent three days in my bed barely surfacing (can't be great for the old calorie burn). I have the 30 day shred and keep forgetting about it! When I first bought it my laptop was on the blink and kept cutting off near the beginning! Once it was fixed I was over it! Well done you on the bike and gym membership, are you enjoying them?

I want to rejoin the gym, but would like to get in the 15s first, as I am concerned about weight restrictions on the equipment :(. As for I bike I have visions of the seat inserting itself into areas it shouldn't :p.

Thank you for the advice about how you take your packs! I have only tried two soups so far - mushroom which wasn't great and thai chicken ( which I really enjoyed). As for the mushroom risotto I couldn't even eat the pack after the first nibble and I LOVE mushrooms. I hope you manage to find some you like for incorporating - maybe adding some seasoning? Everything tastes better with pepper and spice!

Today I went on a ramble with my OH. We climbed a cliff walked, along a secluded beach, climbed some awesome rock formations (nothing very high) - until my other have told me to get a grip it was far too windy to climb more! Good job too, I have no common sense and would end up falling and breaking something! After we got back to town and I had a shake *vanilla* I decided I wanted another walk! so we walked along our beach, running from the incoming sea and climbing some sand dunes onto the golf course. i felt rather productive in all that! Not to be mistaken that I am super duper active person, most the time I am a lazy moo!

All the best with the scales in the next week - and putting the summer indulgence behind!

Well today was weigh in number two (well officially!) and..... 3.5lbs off :D. That is a total of 1st in two weeks I am rather happy with that! The last week hasn't been the best for me in terms of body. Since three days into the diet I got breakthrough bleeding, and it didn't stop until two days ago. For the last 5 years I have been on implants and have the great pleasure of never having the evil totm. So it was a :argh: time. I know though that it always happen if I drop weight quickly with a vcld, but YAY it is over. Last night was horrid I had trapped gas in my tummy, it felt awful and was up all night with it - still a bit remaining but getting there. I was worried about how it would affect the scale, but it didn't really :).

Also I have a non-scale victory. My OH took one look at my boobs, gave them a squeeze and said their getting smaller, but I still like them! He is funny! He does have a point though - I couldn't wear that bra before I started as it was too tight at the back. Now I can wear it on the first hooks with room to spare, and a gap at the top of the cups! Clearly been loosing the weight from the abundance of boobage I have and back fat - no complaints hear :p.

Also my OH surprised me by coming to the door with a big bouquet of flowers :flowers:. To give him his due, I get them regularly from him - top fiancé that one :). Although he keep randomly forgetting about the diet and holding out a bit of his pizza to try, or crisps ... temptation all resisted so far! All 14 days 100% - even only drinking water, yerba mate tea, and one solitary cup of normal tea :).

I am loving the chocolate mint shake done as a mouse - it tastes like mint aero. I would happily buy that when not on a diet, even in shake form. Makes me feel happy inside, and a bit naughty HAHA.

Cat :kitty:

Don't know what I did to my porridge this morning, but it was gross. As I read this I think I may have forgot the last 30 seconds :sign0137:.

Also saddest thing in clothes being to big. My PJ bottoms (20-22 size) are all to big. I have a bit of an addiction to asda ones, have heaps! But I love them, and that was about 10 to go to charity . If they had drawstrings it would have worked but alas.... can't have me flashing anyone can we?

At least my fuzzy ones aren't indecent yet - they keep me toasty!

But yay for things getting to big :D.

Even if it does mean having to buy new clothes it is great losing weight! I bought a load of new clothes from ebay before I went on holiday. (If you put bnwt - brand new with tags - before what you're looking for only new clothes will come up.

Thanks for the tip! I think I will wait a wee while yet before I do that. I have a few jean sizes hanging around and some smaller tops etc that will do me a month or so. Last time I tries to lose weight I bought some smaller jeans etc - gave up a few weeks later and still haven't worn them! I want to ensure that I will stick with it before I go for it.

:) Loving the fact I can fit some of my old sexy bras though!

Good morning Cat and well done on the 1 stone lost forever, fabulous! xx

Thank you Gigglepants!

I think I am being tempted in life! My Aunt, uncle and cousins are here whilst my cousin holds a house party. So to treat them there is pizza, sausage rolls, muffins, chocolate, doughnuts and popcorn! I can smell it all. Tomorrow is my cousins birthday party also - food everywhere :(.

I have stayed strong today - 17th day 100%. We shall see what tomorrow brings haha may be too tempted.

My fibromyalgia is being a pest this week, I feel exhausted and really sore. I tried to start 30 day shred today, but it was a bad plan, as I had no strength in my arms etc to continue! I need to move though as staying in my bed will not help me lose weight!

Cat :kitty:

Good morning Cat. Stay strong and look at how well you're doing. Don't blow it now, it just isn't worth it! xx

Hi Cat. Please don't give in to temptatation. Stay strong!

Hi gigglepants and lynneonexante. I did not give in to temptation, I managed to stay strong and stick to the plan! I wasn't too bothered about the food to be honest, which is a big improvement from what I was like before! I thought I was going to be like a bloddhound sniffing for a lead!

On a side note the vegetable soup caused me to have an allergic reaction. My face puffed up and went red and blotchy. It was all very strange ha ha. My OH was like "Err your face..." it can be a worry though, as I can take severe allergic reactions, stop breathing etc the whole shebang. So no more veg soup (to be honest it tasted like broccoli anyway so not fussed).

So far 19 days 100%, and hopefully more to come :).

Well done Cat, excellent! Sorry about the soup reaction though, must've been scary xx

Thanks! The soup reaction was rather worrying, and I am still puffy in the face! Oh well it should go back to normal soon :sigh:.

So far I have had all 20 days 100%, hopefully by the end of today it will be 21! I have been dreaming about food though, not in the main part of my dreams but there is food there.

I have my totm AGAIN. I had it over week one and two, and now I have it again on the end of week 3. This is well strange for me, as due to the implant I never get it - and wham twice in less than a month.

I did a little exercising yesterday some kettlebells and a walk. Not too much as sometimes my muscles hate me after due to the Fibro - they are still not impressed after 30 day shred attempt.

Oh well I am drinking some yerba mate tea to try and counter the affects of the evil totm - as I have my third weigh in tomorrow! Hopefully all goes well.

Good afternoon cat, I'm past having TOTM, but from reading others diaries on here, I think this diet does alter the frequency of them.

Good luck with tomorrows weigh in xx

Thanks for the good wishes!

I have lost another 3lbs! I am super happy because not only have I lost weight, but I have reached 10% gone :). 10 % of my body weight is gone forever, slowly but surely I am getting to where I want to be!

Also I now have only 99 lbs to my end goal - not over 100lbs. It feels more manageable now :).

So I am a happy bunny today! Bring on the next week!!

Good morning Cat, wow well done on the fab 3lbs lost, Loving the positivity too, stay happy xx

So that is me four pounds down - total loss is now 1.5 stones in 4 weeks! I have spent all 4 weeks 100% so I am proud of myself.

Unfortunately I have to come off the diet. The milk in the products are completely clogging up my ears etc. I have bad ears and if they start to go they are awful.

I wish you all the best on Exante.

Good morning Cat, you've doing fab on Exante. A pretty decent kickstart!

Hope you manage to get to goal in a way that suits you.

Take care and stay happy xx

Back