From LT to Atkins..advice pls!

sallyc6

Hi folks,
I am just finishing my first week on lipotrim and it was horrendous!! Have decided to go over onto Atkins since I'm already in ketosis. My plan was to have a lipotrim shake for brekkie, then atkins lunch and dinner for a couple of weeks.
Has anyone done the same?? Am worried about gaining the weight I lost on LT as it was the worse week ever so I want it to count!!:D

The shakes might not be compatible with Atkins. You go into ketosis on LT because you're eating such low calories - Atkins requires a highish level of calories, mostly from fat, and that your carbs stay under 20g per day - mostly from vegetables - on induction.

I know Cambridge and other VLCD diets products are unsuitable as they contain sugar and are too high in carbs, and I suspect LT will be the same.

I'd 'refeed' by having your remaining shakes with a small low carb, low fat, low calorie meal (like chicken and salad) for a week, then start Atkins properly - all three meals low carb high fat medium protein.

Thanks, the shakes actually only contain 6g of carbs but I think I'll do what you suggest - a refeed then Atkins properly. The refeed diet is practically protein and v low carbs anyway.

Hey! I'm currently on the CD and I'm on day 13... I've only lost 9lbs!! I'd previously done atkins and lost a whole lot more than that in the same time! so like you I'm thinking of switching back to Atkins as you got to eat amazing foods and still lose weight!! I guess you'll be used to low carbing which will be a us so withdrawal symptoms will be less! I'm gonna give it two more weeks and if I've not lost a stone as promised then I'm coming home to Atkins!

Back