From Matron to MILF

SophiaF

Hiya, Newbie here :wavey:

I wanna morph from a matron into a MILF, I used to be one, so this is infinately possible,:D and defo preferrable to people thinking I am pregnant when I am not :eek:

I used to be one of those skinny ones who could eat whatever she liked, then when I was 30 I got a car and turned into a jellyfish :rolleyes: Ive been battling to get the weight off, in a half-hearted-wanna-lose-weight-but-love-cake-too-much kinda way for the last 8 years, getting bigger and bigger, and 7 months ago I gave birth to my 3rd and last baby. Well they said breastfeeding would shift the pregnancy pounds and it worked last time but not this time.

Well the other day we were shopping, and my husband took baby to the changing room and I went through the till, and the till girl went to me "how long have you got?" and I said "eh? what, on the car? I thought it was free parking" and she went "No how long have you GOT" and looked pointedly at my belly :eek::cry:This happened once a few years back (which prompted me to join SW and lose some of it - only a stone though) and I had replied "Im not pregnant I just love cake" which really embarrased her so THIS time I lied and said "only 4 months"

So anyways I might only have 2 and a bit stone to lose, but when I put weight on its round the belly and makes me look 6 months pregnant. I got home that day and found that my measurements mostly begin with a 4 which shocked me and made me feel matronly I want to get back down to a 10 or 12. Im a bit worried I may get saggy boobs and belly as Im 38 years old now and no spring chicken and Im worried that this fear will make me sabotage my weight loss so will have to look out for that. I had been in denial about my size but to be honest thats probably why I hated having my photo taken. I have hubbys support,:D he could do with losing a few pounds too so wont be tempting me with naughties.

I have been doing slimming world 10 days now, love the extra easy days! The first week I went over on my syns, I thought all low fat yoghurts were free so I was munching 3 or 4 a day the calcium, turns out they were 4 syns each! So I was thinking I was doing 15 syns (as breastfeeding it says I should have full 15 syns) but really going over by 12-16 syns a day and put on half a pound, what a crap start! Now I know that so hopefully this thurs I will have a loss. I am doing body magic too cos Im bored of feeling pooped and old. I am doing stretches every day and weed pulling as the garden is a state.

heres what I had yesterday

B~ Bacon egg beans, 1/2 nimble tea 1 1/2 syns
L~ Tinned spaghetti on 2 nimble no spread , Ioz cheese 1HEA 1HEB
D~ Roast chicken no skin, boiled potatoes, cabbage, swede, carrots 4 tbsp gravy 1 syn
Pud ~ Stewed rhubarb and satsumas with splenda and 70g custard 4 syns

375ml skimmed milk for tea
curly wurly mini 3 1/2 syns
2 x amaretti biscuits 2 syns

Total: 2HEA 1HEB 12 SYNS

If anyone has any hints or tips for this newb they would be greatly appreciated especially re packet pasta and aspartame free low syn yoghurts!

Happy Slimming!

Sophia :D

Hi,

Welcome aboard :)

It is hard to find out what's syn free and what's not. I go to group and a woman who joined 4 weeks ago, but 2lbs on in her first week because she was getting confused!

This week, she got Slimmer of the Week and has lost more than me, and I'm on week 10!

Good luck with your journey :)

I'm sure when you're breastfeeding you get 2 extra HEa's and an extra b too. So you can have 3HEA's and and 2 b's. Not entirely sure though.

:D Thank you!

Yes I do get 3 HEs cos of the breastfeeding, makes me not wanna stop, don know how Id manage with only one of each! Where I did it before, years ago, red and green days were so entrenched in my brain its difficult to get my head round the EE days, Im like "meat AND potatoes, decent sized portions? On the same PLATE?" :eek: :confused: :D

I hope I havent made any other silly errors, I just have to remember to not beat myself up if I go wrong. Have been looking everything up before letting it pass my lips I just have to learn the syn values of my fave things now :)

Hiya! Thanks Ally,

I did reply but it disappeared :confused: Yes I get 3 HE cos of the breastfeeding I dont know what I'd do without 3 or how I will manage with 2...maybe I just wont stop breastfeeding lol

I think also I just gotta do my research and find out what syn values my fave things have. There are loads of great threads on here, where to start?! Ive been having a bit of a look round it all seems very friendly and positive here, just what I need :)

Cant wait to see a smaller number on the scales x

Hey

I'm just starting my third week on SW and loving it.

Lost 6lb so far which I think is FAB! Yay me!

Syn's are so confusing! But I downloaded loads of info from the net for free which has an upto date Syn list and also lists all free and superfree food! This has helped me loads!

My big problem is crisps and savoury biscuits! Eeek!

Good luck with your journey and I will be nosey from time to time and have a sneak peak! :)

xx

Hello :) will be joining yr journey :) on my first week x

Hey Chezza and Tink! We can all lose pounds and gain sveltness and shexiness together. Well done chezza you've had a good steady start there 6lb! Good luck tink with your 1st weigh in
xx

Yeah, not a bad start, I'm not too bothered at how quick it comes off, well as long as I'm there by Xmas! Hopefully not too much to ask! :-s

I'll keep checking in - I find it more motivating keeping a food diary! Apart from when I was clocking up yesterday's syns! (Hungover big style!) A whopping 66!!

Line under yesterday and be good for rest of week!

xx

Hi sophia, just popping in to subcribe. I'm just starting back to sw after having DS2 (6mths now!) so know what you mean about the hex, ds2 is weaning now so i think that's me down to only one extra :cry:Had the same problem with yogurts this morning lol, thought i was being so good and then realised that they weren't ff activia in my fridge. Got a load of them to use too cos they were on offer That'll teach me to look at things properly and not speed shop! Are you going to group then? I'm thinking of joining my local one on Thursdays, if nothing else than to get the up to date books lol

Btw tomato and onion pasta n sauce is free and think the broccoli and cheese is 1/2 syn so good for a quick lunch.

Good luck this week!

Hey peeps!

@ Chezza its good that youve not gone off plan at least eh-good that youre counting the syns despite going over (yay flexisyns!) Im not drinking at mo cos breastfeeding but I seem to remember swapping my becks/bud for spirits and mixers let me still get sloshed just took a bit longer lol I think they are less syns...? Not sure!

@ hummingbird Hiya welcome! :D it is only one HE if weaning and over 6 months yes, but I havent been for a few years so 3 HEs sounds really good to me lol thats what we used to have on green and red days so you'd have a big pile of starch and veg and a slice of salmon the size of a matchbox-how depressing lol I love filling my plate up with meat and starch and veg it doesnt feel like a diet at all! And yes I am going to group, weigh in day is thursday morning-fingers crossed and good luck! I will keep going to group as I need that "support" (pressure!) to keep me focussed. We are getting a new leader soon, hopefully there will be a bit more recipe sharing and cooking shorcut ideas instead of just going round the circle and people going "I dont know why I have/havent had a loss" if not I might try and change groups cos at the mo its a bit pants to be honest.
Oh If only breastfeeding actually did melt away the lbs...

I have found the big pots of light fat free Onken (strawberry is 5 1/2, vanilla is 6s for the whole pot which is about 4 portions) so I syn them at 1 1/2 each go they are nommmmm nom nom so creamy

Heres my food diary for yesterday:

B ~porridge with frozen mixed berries swirled thru - defrosts the berries and cools the porridge, and splenda A + B
L ~baked potato with cottage cheese and black pepper, sprinkled with sweetcorn and leftover roast chicken pieces (olive oil HEB) FREE
D ~hm chicken chasseur with potatoes
Desert ~ strawberry onken with grapes, kiwi, banana, and a dollop custard 4SYNS

Snacks
Onken (1 1/2S)
grapes
2 x rich tea fingers (2SYNS)

Total 7 1/2 syns + 3HE :cool: no exercise :rolleyes:

Good luck happy slimming! x

Hiya everybody!

After a very shaky start to my weightloss journey, putting weight on, I am very pleased I got a 3lb weightloss this week woo hoo :bliss:

Yesterday I had
B ~ bacon egg beans tomatoes mushrooms 2 nimble (HEB) one with jam on (1syn)
L ~ baked potato with beans at tesco cafe with kids cheese portion (HEA)(they always put too much cheese on I was annoyed cos she put butter on which I forgot to un-ask for 4SYNS :mad:)
1st dinner ~ (he he he) tin sardines, beetroot sweetcorn radishes watercress spinach
2nd dinner ~ hm chicken curry & rice cooked without skin with onions carrots mushrooms celery courgettes peppers
pudding ~ sw chocolate orange bread & butter pudding and blob custard nom nom nom 8SYNS
snacks~ onken yog grapes blueberries mango, HEA skimmed milk for teas

Did some gardening and stretches for body magic

So all in all a good day 13 syns, 2 HEXs

I have lost an inch or so off everywhere and body fat monitor scales say I have lost 8% body fat so yay! I am de-jellyfishing!

x

haha dejellyfishing made me giggle. Well done on the loss :D

Thank you!
Cartoon_Jellyfish_Clipart-388-2.html

I feel the weight loss has given me a boost, I was a bit in-two-minds about whether I can do this diet but now I feel I can! Just been out and pulled up some more weeds when its cooler this eve I will mow the lawn I think, hubby will be pleased that he aint gotta do it!

Im hoping to turn my sofa minutes into spring clean home and garden minutes. Soon as this baby has finished munchin his lunchoen, I'm off!:bolt:

x

Hi Sophia, Im loving your diary and look forward to losing weight together!! I found the rhubarb muller light to be really creamy yogurts without syns, and also the Strawberry Vitalinea 0% ones are nice too

Hi Sophia, Im loving your diary and look forward to losing weight together!! I found the rhubarb muller light to be really creamy yogurts without syns, and also the Strawberry Vitalinea 0% ones are nice too

Thank you and welcome aboard, we are all in it together! Im glad you're enjoying reading, I'm certainly enjoying writing it!

I will have to look out for those flavours I am yoghurt mad I never used to be (I used to be chocolate and sweetie mad but I'm not anymore, 'onist, guv :whistle:)
I have heard that flying saucers are 4 for 1 syn :gimi: but cant find any anywhere. All the other SWers must have heard too and gone out and stocked up ;)

I have spring cleaned under my sink just now and now I know where all my cleaning products are. So now Ive done some body magic spring cleaning, I can do my body magic, yay! Unfortunately this also means I have no reasonable excuse for being such a slob of a housewife so Id better go and crack on :doh:

x

Congrats on the loss, that's fab!
:clap:

Mmm flying saucers, didn't realise they were so low in syns, def got some a while back in tescos in the 3 for £1 sweetie bit so will be back to stock up. They make me feel like I'm 7 again lol

Thanks Hummingbird! :D

I will pop to tescos then and get some. I see you are nearly at target you have done really well! Are you going to stick with the plan once youre at target? x

Hiya everybody!

Had a good day yesterday, pulled some weeds, the little man decided he didnt want me to mow the lawn he wanted his munch, from 7 till about 9, every time I tried to creep off he woke up. So me eating dinner was late (9.30) I had to abandon his 7pm bedtime - aborted mission at 9.30 cos I had to eat. He decided he wanted a second dinner-ie mine: SW roasted veg lasagne....meh...could have been better. I followed the recipe, against my better judgement, I will tweak it next time.

So after dragging myself from my pit this morning, groggy and dehydrated (by the looks of me all the water in my entire body has migrated to my face :eek: why does that happen??) I am ready and raring to go :cool: (just not out of the house...well not till my face deflates a bit anyway...the anjelina joeli lips and botox forehead are nice but the bulbous nose and eyelids not quite so attractive- how the heck can a nose swell up? :confused: )

So Im gonna mow the lawn this morning at 9 before it gets too hot, then I shall pillage the spring cleaned cleaning cupboard and get to work on the house. Its a right state. The other day Id done all my SYNS and we were at tescos and hubby said to me "you've done all your syns, what are you gonna eat? You'd better buy lots of dust ha ha" So Im like "no need we've got a house full of it in case you havent noticed" Oh god Ive gotta sort the bathroom out, yesterday the 6ft tall wall cabinet fell off the wall onto hubby :eek: I had been wondering whether to fix or replace it but the decision has been made for me now so cabinet shopping is to be added to my list - joy!

So yesterdays food was

B ~ 2 x weetabix, skimmed milk banana 1HEA 1HEB
L ~ baked potato cottage cheese black pepper, with fish sticks, smoked salmon beetroot watercress spinach radishes cucumber FREE
D ~ SW roasted veg lasagne 4SYNS 1/2HEA parmesan totally not worth 4 syns will do my own modified ratatoille lasagne next time
P ~ The semolina for 9 syns was not gonna pass my lips instead I had mini jelly babies and mini crunchie 7 1/2 syns nommmm

snacks:
apple
banana
4 squares tesco value dark choc 4 syns (not worth it)

So 2 1/2 HEXs 15 1/2 syns which were mostly not worth it, but food optimising is a learning curve and about learning how to optimise food choices, I guess? clues in the name. Honeycomb yes with me, bland tasteless dinner...not so much.

For body magic I did spring cleaning and weeding, must remember to do my stretches today at least 3 times

:D x

Hi Sophia, just wanted to say hello. I'm new to SW and also doing EE too. I understand your fears about the sagging bits! I'm 41 next month and this is also a concern. I think we just need to get some toning exercises for damage limitation! x

Back