from Russia with love

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by uva, 5 July 2011 Social URL.

1. uva

uva The Bestest Body Ever

Start Weight:
    14st13.4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st2.4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    I can eat all I want as much as I want
    Well, what to say. My name's Dasha, I'm 30, I live with my boyfriend near the sea and I weigh 88.3 kg (being 163 cm tall I find it "a little bit" too much).

I was a very slim, even skinny, girl as a child and as a student. I never thought of diets and exercises, I didn't even know what a calorie is and how many calories a person needs a day. I just walked a lot, cycled a lot, swam in the summer, played snowballs in the winter, ran when I felt like running (which actually happened quite a lot, I remember pretending I was late for a trolley/bus and ran towards the stop, but I just felt like running).

As a student, I used to go to different 'sports sections' as we called them. All students had to get a 'pass' in Physical Education unless they were sick and got some medical restriction (or had money to buy such a paper), but we could choose something else than boring plain PE classes, so I chose sportive aerobics (it was very hard, almost professional), calisthenics (I hope I use this right - I mean the kind of sport where Alina Kabaeva took gold several times) and Aikido. Again I didn't think of losing weight or keeping fit - I just enjoyed all these things. I trained at least 2 hours a day, sometimes more, six days a week. And on Sunday nights we went to a night club where we danced all night. I ate whatever I wanted: a whole bar of chocolate at a time, half a kilo of ice cream, fried potatoes. I laughed at my roommate who had to count calories.

Everything changed when I graduated and got a job. My food intakes were the same, but I didn't spend as much energy as I did before. I didn't have time for my sports classes, I didn't want to go for sports clubs anymore. And gradually I gained all these kilos. Last summer I was 85, I managed to drop until 73 kg, but during the winter I gained again and now I'm 88.3.

This is just not for me. And I'm determined to do something about it. I hope to get encouraged reading stories of success, learn from others' experience and share mine. Oh, and practise my English as well. ))

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. I_love_food

I_love_food Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Good luck with your weight loss. I'm also hoping this website is going to give me more motivation to eat less rubbish! : )

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us. Good luck.

Irene xx

5. MissPreston

MissPreston Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    123 plan / clean eating
    Welcome and good luck :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.