from size 20/22 to size 16 in 84 days

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Dancing, 27 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I posted this on the cambridge site when I meant to post it here so I'm copying it over

I just want to celebrate that I am now a size 16. Clothes bought at Matalan, Primark and H&M in size 16 are fitting me (slight muffin top with H&M jeans but I love confidently knowing that will be gone in a few weeks).

Maybe I wouldn't fit a topshop 16 (if they go up to a 16) but I'm happy to be fitting into the ones I have and i don't care what anyone else might say. I am a 16 now.

Just wanted newbies to get an idea of what can be achieved. I still have about 3 and half stone to lose to reach my goal so I think I can safely say I'll be a size 12 at the end of this (I'm 5ft 10 and large build).

I am proving all the doubters wrong. I am causing all the people who were judging me according to their own inability to stick at anything, to realise they were WRONG and they were judging themselves when they were judging me.

In a short space of time I can know, I am a size 12 and I am look better than many of them. Woo hoo. Roll on February next year (when I think I'll be at goal)

:party0038:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

Diet:
    Total Solution
    well done and good luck :) hope it all comes true for you
    ive actually started the diet from today and ive seen a few friends and the transformations and its truly staggering, the confidence wow its amazing
    wish you the best

4. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Yay! Go you, Dancing. I agree - it's not just the quick weight loss, but knowing you just need to carry on and you'll get to your goal. Fantastic! Don't know about 16s myself, as I haven't got any, but I've been given some 14s and I know I'm closing in on them.... :party0049:

5. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    That's great stuff Dancing, you're doing so well - you should be feeling chuffed to bits with your achievements so far.

I've also dropped a dress size, and for most of the time I look as if I'm wearing hand me downs as my trousers are always baggy :D. I'm finding stuff in the back of the wardrobe that I'd given up on because it was just too tight - now I'm wearing them just to 'get me through'. I'm loathed to go and spend loads of cash on new clothes, only to find that in a few weeks time they'll be too big for me yet still as good as new. It's Primark and Matalan for me until I hit target - then I'm off to buy myself some gorgeous clothes from Coast, and I've promised myself Jane Norman as well (always wanted to buy from there, but afraid of the condesending looks from the stick thin assistants :eek:)

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks guys.

I'm just chuffed to be buying from primark. H&M jeans (and jacket) were only at the persuasion of my mate and the fact that I have NO trousers/jeans that fit me now ... and is a bit cold to continually be wearing dresses with tights and boots.

Coast and Jane Norman have been off my radar - will have to start paying attention to their window displays as I walk past!

7. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Way to go dancing! It is a magic feeling isn't it.

I am in my 16s comfortably now (well they are mostly my sisters, I haven't been a 16 for too long). As I am shrinking fast I am just getting the £3 jeans out of tesco for now.
    I do have a size 14 top from top shop, it is one of the floaty numbers, but still a 14 and still fits nice woohoo!
    I have a 14-16 Christmas outfit I am dying to wear next month and just know I will do it.

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

alibongo enjoy your christmas outfit in size 14. Hmmm, hadn't thought about tesco jeans (there isn't a tesco near me but I'm moving so I'll scout around).

9. Alibongo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    they are actually not bad for £3, reasonably stretchy too, and not bad prices on other stuff. It isn't all quite to my taste, but I am just going to make do with a core wardrobe for a while.
    Until I can splurge out on all the size 10s ;)

10. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

wow that is great!

By sheer chance (and the fact we still haven't finished unpacking) I found my size 16 suits that I had lovingly packed for charity.

Of course, I will need them very soon!!:D

11. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    CONGRATS DANCING!! you must be thrilled!

i was just about to ask where people are buying inexpensive clothes as they drop down the sizes - now i know!

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

primark, peacocks, matalan and now Tescos. And soon the sales!

13. Alibongo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Asda too

14. cocojo123

cocojo123 Full Member

Well done Ali!

Also Charity shops offer great bargins. If you are lucky you can find clothes with the tags still on that have never been worn!

15. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    dancing
    are you gonna share pics?

go onnn go on go on go on go on

16. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ha ha I was thinking about this yesterday. Can't find my camera though - it is around somewhere. If I find it today, I'll post some (if I can work out how to do it!!!!)

17. LizLL

LizLL Member

Hi Dancing,
    Wow, wow, and wow again. I am a newbie and will start LL in January. Your post is great to read, a real inspiration.It must feel fab to be in a size 16 !(I'm a 16 + 10ish!) Well done and keep up the good work. You sound so determined that nothing will stop you !
    Thanks for your proof that it can work!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Daisydee

Daisydee FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!

Dancin - what a fantastic result - a big shout out for all of your hard work!

Daisydee x

20. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    well done!!!!!!! and yes we want to see pics!!!! x

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks guys. My well fitting size 16s now need a belt and the ones that were a wee bit tight on the (low) waist are now fitting well. This means I am not going to buy anymore clothes until these new ones are hanging off me .... can't believe how quickly things become loose.

good luck LizLL .. not that luck comes into it you just need the motivation and determination (and minimins).

22. Alibongo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Went on a shopping trip yesterday, I was still wearing mostly 18s and some 20s but they were so uncomfortable, hanging off and falling down.
    So went to tesco as they have a 20% sale until tomorrow and got some lovely size 16 trousers and tops and they all fit so nice and I am so comfortable again. And I look good! I can't stop looking the mirror :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.