ProPoints From SW to WW and petrified - Laura's ProPoints diary :) xxxx

Lozziep78

Well, here we go:

I'm a previous Slimming World fanatic - have lost 11 stones on it but for the last 10 months I've put a good 3 stones back on due to thyroid problems. I'm absolutely petrified by the fact that I don't seem to have control over my body anymore and am desperately trying to find a way to stop gaining anymore and hopefully start getting the weight back off again. I'd appreciate any help along the way guys and gals please :wave_cry: Feel free to comment on anything I'm doing wrong (or right hehe).

I joined the official online WW this morning as I travel a lot with work, but I may try and attend a few classes aswell to help with motivation.

Here goes:

Points allowance 32pp.

Sat 01st Sept.2012.

Skimmed milk for the day 1 pint 5pp

Breakfast: None :sigh: Naughty...................

Lunch: ww chicken noodle soup 1pp, ww white bread 1pp

sugar free jelly 0pp, nectarine 0pp tinned peaches (drained) 0pp tinned grapefruit (drained) 0pp

Not sure what to have for dinner yet but will update again later :)

Hi Lozzie! Congrats on your losses so far. Hopefully ww will help you because it really helps on portion control. Even though I'm not on WW anymore and am calorie counting I know from ww what a decent portion of different foods is. Like 50g of pasta fills me etc... 20g of cheese is enough for a sandwich...

I think that's the big difference between SW and WW. WW is a more controlled diet.

One little thing, just be careful of the fruit, particularly the tinned. It does still contain calories so make sure you just eat till you're satisfied. And don't go bananas on bananas :p Cos they're high in cals! Stick to your 5 portions a day :)

Best of luck! xxx

Hiya DoctorWhoGirl!!!!

Thank you so much for the post. Congratulations on your weight loss - amazing!!!! Did you lose most of it on WW? Yes, thanks for the tip about the fruit - I'd noticed that eating too much fruit on SW used to stall me or make me gain. Problem is I'm having a massive nectarine craving lately - can't get enough of'em hehehe. I stay away from bananas and grapes full stop as they make me gain big style.:cry:

The thing I'm finding it hard to get my head around is: 1 - using my points (feel like I shouldn't use them all) 2 - using points on bread and snacks and stuff (is this really ok? feels wrong!!!!)

To a certain degree until my medication has brought my thyroid under control I'm kinda at the mercy of my body - it's SO scary - I really must lose weight as it will affect my job if I put on any more. YIKES!!!! No pressure!!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!! (tells herself!!!!):eek:

Sorry - I'm waffling now - wow, I even talk to much via text...........lol xxxx

Hiya DoctorWhoGirl!!!!

Thank you so much for the post. Congratulations on your weight loss - amazing!!!! Did you lose most of it on WW? Yes, thanks for the tip about the fruit - I'd noticed that eating too much fruit on SW used to stall me or make me gain. Problem is I'm having a massive nectarine craving lately - can't get enough of'em hehehe. I stay away from bananas and grapes full stop as they make me gain big style.:cry:

The thing I'm finding it hard to get my head around is: 1 - using my points (feel like I shouldn't use them all) 2 - using points on bread and snacks and stuff (is this really ok? feels wrong!!!!)

To a certain degree until my medication has brought my thyroid under control I'm kinda at the mercy of my body - it's SO scary - I really must lose weight as it will affect my job if I put on any more. YIKES!!!! No pressure!!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!! (tells herself!!!!):eek:

Sorry - I'm waffling now - wow, I even talk to much via text...........lol xxxx

I lost most of it with WW! About 5 stone of it. I've a stone on at the minute, just from going up and down and WW wasn't giving me the kick I needed so I'm calorie counting now to see can it help. :)

Yeah fruit can be a tricky one! It's fine but if you eat a good lot maybe give it a few points just to accommodate it.

Use your points!!! Your daily allowance at least. Because if you consistently don't, your body will stop losing as you get smaller. The amount of calories you need is related to your body weight so as you lose, you're points (calories) go down. So take advantage of them now!!!

My body does it's own thing with my weight as well! But I'm just trying to control it as much as I can!

You can definitely do this! :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence -:D am at the end of my tether with my body - the doctor at the hospital says eventually it will come under control but I need it under control NOW lol!!!! It's annoying not feeling in control isn't it?!?! we'll do it! I'm sure that sneaky stone will be off in no time! Seems like you know how to do it! xx

Well, here we go:

I'm a previous Slimming World fanatic - have lost 11 stones on it but for the last 10 months I've put a good 3 stones back on due to thyroid problems. I'm absolutely petrified by the fact that I don't seem to have control over my body anymore and am desperately trying to find a way to stop gaining anymore and hopefully start getting the weight back off again. I'd appreciate any help along the way guys and gals please :wave_cry: Feel free to comment on anything I'm doing wrong (or right hehe).

I joined the official online WW this morning as I travel a lot with work, but I may try and attend a few classes aswell to help with motivation.

Here goes:

Points allowance 32pp.

Sat 01st Sept.2012.

Skimmed milk for the day 1 pint 5pp

Breakfast: None :sigh: Naughty...................

Lunch: ww chicken noodle soup 1pp, ww white bread 1pp

sugar free jelly 0pp, nectarine 0pp tinned peaches (drained) 0pp tinned grapefruit (drained) 0pp

Not sure what to have for dinner yet but will update again later :)

Ok, so my dinner ended up as follows:

ww lasagne 7pp, runner beans 0pp, 2 raw carrots 0pp

slice melon 0pp, ww choccy biccy 2pp, ww salt and vinegar hoops 2pp.

Total so far 18pp I've tried using some points up on the hoops and a biccy but still have 14 left..........am frightened to eat more snacks incase I gain weight. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated? HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!:confused:

Hi hun. Well done on your loss so far your doing brill, I'm also a new ww"'er/old sw'er and I'm with you on it being strange that you can eat snacks etc and still lose weight but honestly u can its worked for me since starting ww and eventually it becomes good to be able to have that option. Like anything you've got to TRUST the plan :)

I can sympathise with the body thing I suffer from pcos and my body also just does as it pleases with no thought for me it's the worst feeling.

Hope your having a good Saturday evening x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Hun! Thanks for the reassurance. Im so scared to eat all my points, especially on bagels, choc and stuff but I'm giving it a go and I'll monitor how my body reacts to it. Like you, I've got PCOS plus was recently diagnosed thyroid problems which have made me really poorly over the past 10 months plus made me put on nearly 3 stones......grrrrrr!!!! Hope my medications even out soon.

This diet malarkey is a pain in the bum isn't it lol ;)

Hope you're having a fab night too! X

I love my treats and I did always spend points on them.

I think as you get closer to your goals you need to limit yourself to a certain degree on them, like don't spend your 33 points all on crisps (although I did do that sometimes lol! :p)

Make sure you fill youself up, and use your points, on good things too like wholegrain pasta, bread, rice etc... This will make sure you're hitting your points, not spending too much on junk and that you're fuelling your body!

But it's whatever works for you at the minute, just don't be afraid to use those points. Just think of them as fuel for your body. Your car won't go without a certain amount of petrol will it? And you won't function properly without a certain amount of food? That's all those points are! :) And with WW you're definitely eating the right amount to get a loss x

Thank you so much for the advice!!!! I'll take it all on board!!!! Guess I'd better get the kettle on and use some points on a hot choccy ;) lol x

Well take it all with a pinch of salt! As I say I'm no expert just someone who's done ww for a looong time! :)

It's all about finding the balance for YOU!

Enjoy the hot choc xxx

Lozziep78 said:
Hiya Hun! Thanks for the reassurance. Im so scared to eat all my points, especially on bagels, choc and stuff but I'm giving it a go and I'll monitor how my body reacts to it. Like you, I've got PCOS plus was recently diagnosed thyroid problems which have made me really poorly over the past 10 months plus made me put on nearly 3 stones......grrrrrr!!!! Hope my medications even out soon.

This diet malarkey is a pain in the bum isn't it lol ;)

Hope you're having a fab night too! X

You poor thing its tough enough with the pcos on its own hopefully got meds will start to even out soon. I still have to be careful even on ww of the carbs I eat but at least I have the option.

Have a good Sunday x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes, I always have to watch the carbs, but I'm gonna try using some points on carbs for the next few days - test it out and see how it goes?!?!:eek:

Anyway,

Today so far looks like this.

Breakfast:

Milk for the day 5pp
WW bagel 4pp
ww cheese 1pp

Lunch:

120g chicken 5pp
carrots 0pp
cabbage 0pp
gravy granules 1 pp

Peaches and grapefruit for dessert 0pp

Went for a brisk 1hour walk after lunch - first bit of exersize since having the go ahead from the doctor :eek: Oh dear - I've become SO unfit!!!!

Dinner:

tinned Oxtail soup 4pp

pkt Walkers French Fries 2pp

nectarine, radishes 0pp

22/32pp
used so far.

How do my diaries look? Would love your opinions please?:D xxxx

Am I eating too much? Still have 10 more points to use tonight....

Last edited:
ok, so I've bumped my points up with:

2 weetabix 3pp

ww choccy biccy 2pp (these are LUSH!!!!) :wow:

Total points used for the day 27/32pp I've also earned 4-6 activity points today. Don't think I'm going to use my activity points or my weekly points but it's good to know they are there if I need them. xxxx

Today's menu is probably going to be constantly updated as I seem to have the munchies :eek: probably due to the approaching totm!!!! Been up since 5am this morning coz I couldn't sleep so I ate breakfast earlier than normal too so I think it started my appetite off early. Managed another 60 minute walk again today though so another 4 activity points earned:innocent0002:

Anyhow,

So far:

Breakfast:

ww bagel 4pp with ww cheese 1pp

sugar free jelly pot 0pp

nectarine 0pp

milk for the day 5pp

Lunch:

chicken soup 3pp

ww mallow 1pp

apple 0pp nectarine 0pp

14pp used so far.

Hope everyone's having a great day!!!! :character00238:

ok, so to update from my last post......I have spent a lot of points on 'naughty' snacks.......In a very picky mood today!!!! oooops!!!! :hmm:

Dinner:

3 weetabix 5pp

runner beans 0pp

snacks:

ww caramel mallow 1pp, ww belgian square thingy 2pp, ww chocolate biscuit 2pp, ww chicken crisps 2pp

apple 0pp

OMG - feel so embarrassed about the junk I've eaten with my points......what a piggy!!!! Is it ok to use my points on things like this????:ashamed0005: Would really appreciate the advice from experienced Wwatchers? Although the fact I'm asking probably suggests it's not ok to scoff junk points, hehehehe....

So my points used for today come to 26/32 = 6 left. I'm not going to use up anymore tonight though. I also managed 30 minutes on the cross trainer so earned another 3 activity points. woohoo!!!! Total activity points left 11/11 weekys left 49/49

Yes it's ok to eat junk! You've allowed for it. Just try not to make a habit of it but I don't think the above is too bad. I used to be much worse when I started WW and I still lost weight. I found as my weight went down I had to be stricter on the "kind" of food I ate. :)

Phew, thats good to hear. I've spent SO long being ultra strict on SW.......no bread, pasta, carbs, didnt use my syns......this really is a great diet isn't it? I'm loving it!!!! :)

What's the deal with the Simply filling/healthy and filling plan? Anyone had good results with it? Not sure I could be trusted with the unlimited bread and porridge hehehe.............

Sorry for all the questions guys...........don't mean to be needy.........you can tell me to shut up if you want :/ lol

Hope everyone's having a fabulous day!!!! :) xxxx

Back