From SW to WW..,,,,,,,

luisa71

Just wanted to say hi to all fellow ww weighers:) I've been doing sw for the past year now and did manage to lose 2 stone but since last october have reached a complete standstill with it, despite being on plan and keeping a food diary, I've managed to lose and gain the same few pounds each week:confused: Anyway, I've finally had enough of and have decided to try WW. I want to join a meeting and have monthly pass but I'm confused as to wheather you pay for the 3 months on-line before you join or pay at the meeting?

I also plan to follow pro-points but I also like the idea of healthy start, the only thing is it does look very similar to SW EE and having no luck with that lately, I think maybe HS would be the same.

Anyway, thanks for reading and good luck with your own weight loss journey.

Welcome! :D

I think if you want \monthly pass you just pay it all online and show your membership card at meetings and enter in this months code, that's what I do anyway.

There are certain aspects of WW and SW that are similar such as Simple/Healthy Start an EE, although I think the list is more restricted in WW. I do like the SW plan but I find WW a lot better for me at the moment as I need portion control and flexibility which aren't necessarily SW greatest strengths. I tried SW and found it very easy to over eat despite the mandatory 1/3 Superfree.

If you've stalled it might be that you need to watch portions which PP can help with. Alternatively simply learning a new plan with enthusiasm and the changes that brings into your diet can jolt your body into doing something, so good luck"

Thank you so much featherhat for your welcoming reply. Yes, I thought you just pay on-line and then show code at group, it's just not explained that well on the ww site (or it's probably just me lol!) I think you're spot on about SW, I love the plan but at the moment it does not love me. A change and portion control is what's needed and WW looks a good plan to follow (I've never done WW before.) I think I may start with HS but use my 49 weeklies for things like pasta, noodles and rice, even though they are 'free' on HS. Anyway just read your stats and you've done really well. Did you follow pro-points or HS?

I came from SW, did 14wks on EE and lost 8.5lb, I loved not counting and eating white pasta and mugshots etc but found I was eating same things repetitively, ww seems the same but being able to have cereal, bread, crumpets, wraps means I can make a quick lunch rather than having to have leftovers or make pasta dish, its nice to just have a sarnie or beans on toast! I've got used to brown rice and pasta too but weight loss seems as unpredictable as it was on ww so I am having a week on points!! Not looking forward to weighing and measuring everything but will be interesting to see if I lose more this way and looking forward to having different foods! Love that I can have readybrek on f&h but bit bored of it now. Have had 3/4pt skim milk(4pp) muesli for breakfast(6pp) and half fat feta cheese salad for lunch(5pp), got braised steak casserole, potatoes and cabbage for tea (12pp). Total 27pp.

i've only ever done slimm9ing world aswell but i need to learn better portion control, xxxx we will see if it works when i have my first weigh in wed lol

Back