• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

From VLCD to Atkins???

Hello

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I am currently on Exante and doing well (lost 14lbs in 10days) but I do miss food. I have a months supply so I will continue, but I am thinking maybe Atkins would be the way forward.

I would already be in Ketosis, so how easy a swap do you think it would be?

Could I ask what your weight loses are?

Also I know I should read the book and I will if I decide to swap, but could you indicate what types of food are OK? I understand meat/fish etc and cream, cheese. But surely you cant eat loads of this stuff, or am I wrong?

Thank you in advance for any info.

D xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi love and welcome if you decide to come over from the dark side. :) Atkins isn't about starving yourself or going hungry. We have quite a few who have come over to join us from VLCD's :)

Well I have another 2ish weeks of shakes and soups left, but I really do think I will start Atkins. I'm going to order a book, and do a bit of research. My only worry is with the shakes and soups I know where I am. I'm worried on Atkins I'll eat something I shouldn't and throw myself out of Ketosis. How many carbs can you have a day? And is it just carbs counting, or do you have to watch sugar, calories as well? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you xxx

You don't need to watch calories, just carbs love. It's 20G of carbs a day in induction from 3 mugs of chopped green veggies basically. No sugar obviously and no milk either. the book will explain it to you.

Have you read the stickies at the top?

Yes I have. It does sound too goo to be true, food!!! lol. But I have looked at people loses and they are great. I think I'll get onto Amazon and order a book. Thank you, and well done you have done so well and I cant believe you have been on it so long, I suppose it just becomes a way of life, which is what I need. xxx

welcome :) and good luck. Bren (Quak) has come over to atkins from exante to maintain!

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
Hi LittleMiss - welcome and all the best with it - read the book over and over, and read all the stickies above, lots of great advice!

Susie

Yes I have. It does sound too goo to be true, food!!! lol. But I have looked at people loses and they are great. I think I'll get onto Amazon and order a book. Thank you, and well done you have done so well and I cant believe you have been on it so long, I suppose it just becomes a way of life, which is what I need. xxx
I think that's a great way to put it, yes it is a way of life for me really.

Thanks everyone. You all seem very friendly here which is lovely. My hubby is just getting fed up with me not eating with him, which I can understand and he worries about me, lol. He has a wheat and gluten allergy anyway so bread, pasta, etc are off our menus normally, so I'm hoping I would be OK with this. Its just at xmas I'm not going to be able to stick to shakes and soups (I'm just being honest with myself) and I think I could cope with an atkins xmas :) xxx

Wine???? Really, oh well thats won me over. I love a glass of wine and I really miss it. I have lost a stone so far, so I only want to lose 1 or 2 more, and I think I need to address my eating habits as well, and obviously I cant go eating soup and shakes forever (I would go mad). I really do think this is the way forward. xxx

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
You'll love it - most weeks I do lose some weight - and even when I haven't lost, I know I am still eating well :) A massive improvement on before.

Wine???? Really, oh well thats won me over. I love a glass of wine and I really miss it. I have lost a stone so far, so I only want to lose 1 or 2 more, and I think I need to address my eating habits as well, and obviously I cant go eating soup and shakes forever (I would go mad). I really do think this is the way forward. xxx
That's a dry wine love. Spirits are fine though, Vodka (ask Vicky) ;) Gin whisky etc...

Jim!!! what are you insinuating.
Yes im the resident alcoholic - mind there are a couple more on here...(ill keep schtum!)

LOL at the vodka remarks!

Yes Atkins really does become a way of life. Big losses are common and so, more importantly, are real-life stories of long-term maintenance. This is the easiest 'diet' going, I reckon. And the tastiest!

Once you get into this way of eating you will love it.

Good luck!