From vlcd to dukan

gonabslim79

Hey everyone,

Just wanted some advice.

Has anyone come from a vlcd straight to dukan?

I'm on day 12 of exante and don't think I can last much longer.

I need to eat.

Should I ease off the shakes or can I go straight to eating protein as I will stay in ketosis?

Or does it not work like that?

Cheers

I am not familiar with VLCD.
But I do not think it would be a good idea to switch diets like that.
Maybe you could do some research to make sure Dukan diet it for you.
The best thing on this diet is that you don't have to count calories.
:)

Hello there... I'd advise continuing Exante for a couple of days WHILE you prepare for Dukan. Have you read the book? Once you've worked out your menus in attack, done some shopping and cooking, yes slip straight over and you'll stay in ketosis...

Good luck!

You need to refeed first. I did Lipotrim and have done a refeed before I went on Dukan cos your body needs to get used to food again and you need to refeed wisely (one low cal meal and increase this daily to 2 meals a day). I stayed off carbs so you won't have to wean off them again. Good luck.

Thank you, I didn't realise there was a 'refeed' I just thought I had to add meals!

How long should I stick to one meal? When do I increase to 2 then 3?

TIA x

You can't just add meals without a proper refeed as if you start eating carbs from day 1, you will start to put weight back on. You have 1 meal on day one, increasing to 2 meals a day from day 2. Best thing to do is keep this going for 7 days (in total so 6 days with 2 meals), then switch to attack phase. Just keep having a shake for breakfast and you will be fine :) x

Great thanks,

So I'm having a chicken dinner tonight with veg

Then tomo I can add a lunch as well and drop to just a shake in the morning?!

I assumed it would take me longer. I think I going to try not to have carbs to start x

Sorry for misleading. As Miriam has switched herself before, she knows best. When she says "carbs" she means those we find in dairy, oatbran etc. Not until we're on phase 3 at target weight are starches like rice, pasta, bread allowed on Dukan.

Good luck!

Back