Frozen Rice

slimmer4summer

I've searched and searched but can't get an answer :( I know I'm probably being silly but are there any syns in tesco's own frozen rice - plain, or would it be counted as free on ee/green?

I would say free just double check they dont add oil :)

Long Grain White Rice, 907g pack, frozen, 100g - half a syn on green or ee.
HTH!

Thank you :) well worth half a syn. Thought id give the frozen bags a go as I don't like the faff of boiling rice. Even boil in the bag ends up as a disaster! I never get it right, always undercooked and then the mess... I'm such an accomplished chef :)

I have just brought a breville rice cooker from Argos. £19.99, down from £34.99. Don't know how long offer is on for but best thing I have brought for good, easy rice. Simply put so many cups (provided) of rice with so many cups of water. Switch to cook, walk away for how ever long cooking required. (depends) on rice amount. One cooked place on warm for 10 mins and there you have it. Fab fluffy perfect rice. Even cooks brown rice to perfection. Can not recommend any more.

Thank you :) well worth half a syn. Thought id give the frozen bags a go as I don't like the faff of boiling rice. Even boil in the bag ends up as a disaster! I never get it right, always undercooked and then the mess... I'm such an accomplished chef :)

Make sure it's half a syn per 100g. I think the bags are 200g. :)

Back