Frozen tetra ?

sazzy34

Gold Member
Sorry to bore you but just had a frozen chocolate tetra.
Just have to say it was delicious.
Can you do anything else with the tetras. :confused:

Lollies, thats a fab idea, :D
I find them too strong if I just have it straight from the pack,

You can add cold or hot water to tetras.

Choc ones in mint tea ... hot or cold.

Banana or choc ones in coffee .... mmmmmmmmmm.

Add to mix a mousee.

Freeze - with water flvourings for a choc/orange or choc/berry flavour .....

..... or just drink neat!

Always remember to drink an extra glass of water with them though as less fluid than a shake.

I split mine in half, and top it up with hot water, makes lovely hot choc(plus you get to have 2 cups) :)

I think i was over freezing mine when i tried it as it didn't taste nice :(

yum i want to try a tetra!!

You can add cold or hot water to tetras.

Choc ones in mint tea ... hot or cold.

Banana or choc ones in coffee .... mmmmmmmmmm.

Add to mix a mousee.

Freeze - with water flvourings for a choc/orange or choc/berry flavour .....

..... or just drink neat!

Always remember to drink an extra glass of water with them though as less fluid than a shake.

Just to check, when freezing tetras do you put them in overnight, couple of days or just an hour or so before having it? I froze mine for two days and when I came to eat it wasnt as impressed as I thought I would be .... maybe Im just a fussy moo? lol

:doh: doh!!! what's a tetra?? Seen tetra mentioned a few times and forgot to ask what it is until now.... people rave about them.... i want one... i want one...what is it????

Tetra is ready made up cambridge shake in a little pack with a straw. Only in banana and choc .. and very concentrated as made with UHT milk

ready made choc or banana milkshakes in a tetra box, like a small ribena box drink.

Just to check, when freezing tetras do you put them in overnight, couple of days or just an hour or so before having it? I froze mine for two days and when I came to eat it wasnt as impressed as I thought I would be .... maybe Im just a fussy moo? lol

I leave mine in the freezer until i want it .... take it out and put it in a bowl to defrost a bit for about 45mins or so. Is a hard block of ice cream - not soft scoop - so be prepared to have all your spoons looking like Uri Gellars been for tea!

defrost a bit for about 45mins or so.

Thats probably where I went wrong, got it out and was chiselling away at it getting tetra ice chips. I may try another tomorrow and this time give it time to be less solid?

wwwaaaaaaaahoooooooooooo I got one, I got one....

sorry, my CDC gave me one to try when I'm out and about at the weekend, I just popped it in the fridge, didnt look at it so had no idea it was a tetra, but planned on using it when I go out for the day.... so... other than eating/drinking it neat you seem to be able to do a lot more with it...hummmm

what do you guys do when you go out for the day...GO HUNGRY??? I imagine I could have my shake in the morning...what about lunch... go without?? until you get home at tea time?? I'm on day 3, and plan to go out for days out this weekend, and have no idea what I can do about my lunch shake?? (apart from taking the tetra with me of course). what do you guys do??

Either i take a tetra or a bar. I have been known to ask a restaurtant to make my soup up, if I'm with a crowd of other people eating there ... or I'll do 790 for the day and have a tuna/cottage cheese salad, or chicken and veg.

Plenty of water and black coffees too!

Either i take a tetra or a bar. I have been known to ask a restaurtant to make my soup up, if I'm with a crowd of other people eating there ... or I'll do 790 for the day and have a tuna/cottage cheese salad, or chicken and veg.

Plenty of water and black coffees too!

the food sounds good LOL,, if I did this wouldnt I come out of ketosis? (if I'm in it that is) I'm on day 3 today.
I really wouldnt want to come out of ketosis as I've felt so ill over the last 2 days and dont want to have to go through that again.

the food sounds good LOL,, if I did this wouldnt I come out of ketosis? (if I'm in it that is) I'm on day 3 today.
I really wouldnt want to come out of ketosis as I've felt so ill over the last 2 days and dont want to have to go through that again.

As long as you stick to what is on the list in your yellow book for either AAM or 790 you shouldn't come out of ketosis. Most people don't - but you have to stick to what it says you can have. ie no tomatoes in your salad ...

As long as you stick to what is on the list in your yellow book for either AAM or 790 you shouldn't come out of ketosis. Most people don't - but you have to stick to what it says you can have. ie no tomatoes in your salad ...
thank you x

I can't wait til week 3 when I can have those bars. My cdc let me taste a bit on one on Monday evening when I met her, it was the nut one, quite delish. Deffo gonna try my tetra too, everyone seems to like them.

thanks again flirty, I'm off to dream land....I'm starvin...:eek:

ooops, my little choc. carton drink is called VELVET, is this the same thing?? Can't see tetra on it anywhere.

Back