Frozen veg - weight ?

lizalexander

Hi
I know frozen veg will weigh more than raw veg but not sure how much more. has anyone got any ideas of how much frozen brocolli equals the 80g step2 allowance ?
many thanks
x

I reckon that unless you fancy the idea of defrosting some and then weighing it, it's going to have to be a guesstimate. :)

Well, let's see. Some of the weight of the frozen veg is likely to be water, but probably not as much as you think. 20ml maybe? Which is equivalent to 20g. So I reckon about 100g of frozen broccoli should be equivalent to 80g of fresh.

Even if that's out by 10g or so, I can't see that an additional 10g of broccoli would do much harm anyway! :D

This new weighing of veg thing makes me smile anyway (yes, newbies - it's a new thing ;)). It used to be (and still is, I think) 3 tbsp of green or white veg. Saying you can weigh it takes all the fun out of trying to see how much broccoli you can balance on a tablespoon. :p

"Saying you can weigh it takes all the fun out of trying to see how much broccoli you can balance on a tablespoon. :p "

lol :D

Back