Fruit smoothies/milkshakes...a big no no?

ChubLock

Silver Member
What's the SW stance/advice re using HEA milk and banana's for example and blending as a smoothie or milkshake. Is it a big no no?

You can do it however the fruit will no longer be free when blended. A blended banana is 5 syns per 100g.

As Jaq said, it's definitely not a "big no-no". You can have it, you just need to remember to Syn any fruit you use as fruit attains a Syn balance once cooked/blended.

I used to have a lot of healthy smoothies before SW but I begrudge synning the fruit now :) still have them but syn them....I suppose a better use than chocolate or crisps?

I have heard somewhere about blending a mullerlight with hex-a milk to make a sort of milkshake/smoothie!! And instead of a banana you could blend berries as you get alot more for a 100g of berries than a 100g of banana therefore maybe you would only need half the amount of berries meaning half the amount of syns?? Xx

I have heard somewhere about blending a mullerlight with hex-a milk to make a sort of milkshake/smoothie!! And instead of a banana you could blend berries as you get alot more for a 100g of berries than a 100g of banana therefore maybe you would only need half the amount of berries meaning half the amount of syns?? Xx

Muller light milkshakes are fab! Haven't had one for ages but still have my HEXA today so may do that tonight! Yum! I haven't blended extra fruit in though :)

Back