Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Fruit Tea

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by dreamer85, 20 June 2011 Social URL.

1. dreamer85

dreamer85 Full Member

Hi guys, me again with another random little question!

Are fruit teas ok? i drink a lot of green tea (psychological as i think i will shed tons of weight lol) and decided to mix it up and bought some fruit teas aswell. they come in really yummy flavours but it dawned on me that i may be at risk of stalling myself by having them!

they are the twinings fruit teas and according to the pack have 0.3g of carbs and trace sugars... i know the answer is screaming me in the face but i like a bit of clarification sometimes :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cokes

cokes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.77%)
    Diet:
    eating healthily
    I would think having a couple a day at that carb level would be ok. Watch out for citric acid as i think that may go into any lemony type teas and can stall some people. But otherwise unless there's something else in it I don't know about, I see no harm. Enjoy them x

4. dreamer85

dreamer85 Full Member

Thanks cokes!! I didnt even know about citric acid being a staller until i read some posts on here, i used to live off diet coke :| plain water all the way now tho (oh and fruit teas lol)

5. cokes

cokes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.77%)
    Diet:
    eating healthily
    You can get diet/zero pop without citric acid in. Coke zero I think (check the label). Asda diet/zero/caffiene free all have no citric acid, they also all have the same ingredients so I'm a bit stumped as to why they label them differently- I just found this out yesterday when looking at the labels. I think one of sainsburys range has no citric either but again I'm not sure so check the label. Still best to glug the water but I have one coke a day/ every other day for a change :)

6. ellesbelles

ellesbelles Member

Tesco do a citric acid free diet coke too - by Sunsip. Plus you could always try some of the still waters with a hint of fruit - I know Tesco and Sainsbury have some with no citric acid in. At least it rings the changes a little!

7. dreamer85

dreamer85 Full Member

Oooh will have a look today when i go shopping, thanks guys :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.