• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Fruity jelly & choc ice cream!!!!!

Sez

has started again!!
Thanks to all those who have posted about jelly. Made a pint today, and ate 3 bowls of it :gimi:(coloured for authenticity!) with choc ice cream (aka tetra!!)

It was totally fab, and will become a firm favourite and a total lifesaver.

Not sure where I read it first, but thanks so much!!!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

jackietrew

Will be slim!!!!!!!
we can have jelly???? more info please lol xxx

apia08

what is a tetra?

Sez

has started again!!
Supercook gelatine used to make jelly with the water flavours, I coloured mine but you dont have to! I added a frozen choc tetra for the real kiddy party feel!!!

Enjoy!!

SlimMrsJ

S: 15st2lb C: 15st2lb G: 9st11lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Sez, what does totm mean? (you put that after your week 2 weight loss) I've seen it before but can't figure it out!

xKimmiex

Silver Member
whats Supercook gelatine lol

cherylxx

Silver Member
lol , glad u liked the jelly sez.
i have become a bit of a gelatine pusher on here.
cant sing its praises high enough, i have it as jelly n ice cream and also as trifle (making the topping with a choc tetra mousse).
ive recently accidentally invented a slushy too thanks to hubby freezing my jelly which i then blitzed in the blender the following day and ate with a spoon (and sucked some through a straw). it was yummy
cherylxx

cherylxx

Silver Member
dancing, it does take a few hours to set and yes u have to use hot water to dissolve the powder, BUT u dont get that funny foam on top that u get using mix a mousse. with a little food colouring it makes a perfect jelly.
i even use a variety of colours now, (red, orange, green, black and pink so far) to add a little variety in the look of it.
ive also made a two tone jelly, made half a red jelly, then when it set i poured half an orange jelly on top.
u use ur eyes a lot when eating so if it looks good thats a great start.

jackietrew

Will be slim!!!!!!!
can you still have the jelly on ss??

cherylxx

Silver Member
yes jackie, i am on ss and i have a trifle made with jelly and a tetra mousse every night for my tea. :D.
u have to be able to have the flavouring to flavour the jelly so would have to be at week 3 but then u can enjoy it every day from then onwards

jackietrew

Will be slim!!!!!!!
how come i have to wait till week 3 just for flavourings? they dont have much carbohydrate surely? lol xxx

cherylxx

Silver Member
the water flavourings do contain carbs (albeit no much at all) which is why they cant be enjoyed until week 3.
worth the wait though i must say.
:D:):D
cherylxx

donnamarie

Silver Member
S: 15st11lb G: 10st7lb
Can anyone help please..
I made a jelly once with mix a moouse and it was horrible, think i did something wrong?
It had a white topping to it and it was so sweet urghh
Can some one please psot how i do it properly?
And is it supposed to have the white stuff on the top?

cherylxx

Silver Member
unfortunately donna, if u are using the mix a mousse it will always have that funny foam on top.
u can however get 'supercook gelatine' from tesco or asda . it comes in a box of 6 sachets for 59p (in tesco) so has the added benefit of being much cheaper and doesnt leave any funny foam on top of the jelly. it makes a perfect jelly every time.
i also suggest adding a few drops of food colouring as it is much more appetising if it looks like a real jelly.
i even have to fight my kids off my jelly now and have had to start making one for them too. :D
hope that helps.
cherylxx

donnamarie

Silver Member
S: 15st11lb G: 10st7lb
Yes that helps...
Thanks so much cheryl, i shop in tesco's so ill buy some this week and try again. :)