Frumpster's Diary - 790 here we go!

Frumpster

Becoming Un-Frumpy!
Hiya

Well, after weeks and weeks of starting and restarting CD 790 I have decided enough is enough. I have managed to keep off the weight I lost, but I just don't feel up to doing it anymore.

I have tonnes of CD packs in the house as I bought a months supply with my wages...ooops! I still enjoy the packs, so I am going to incorporate them into a new diet :rolleyes:

I have been reading about a few members on here who are calorie counting. I have decided to follow 1000-1200 cals a day. I know I should be having 1500-1750 but I go on holiday in 18 weeks and really need to shift some weight!!

This is what I thought of eating each day:

Breakfast: Actimel, Small Bowl Shreddies & SKimmed Milk
Lunch: CD Pack
Snack: CD Pack
Tea: Pasta with PArmesan, or Ready Meal & Salad.
Pudding: Yoghurt

I know it's not perfect, but I'm hoping it might work. Does anyone have any advice please? Has anyone tried eating like this?

I also thought that keeping the CD packs would help with the overall vitamin/mineral levels.

Would really appreciate some feedback, or other suggestions for quick & easy weight loss (also known as a blummin miracle :p )

Thanks

Frumster.x.

Hi Frumpster,

I think it is worth giving it a go and see how you get on and tailor it to suit your own needs.

Are you going to be incorporating any exercise such as walking into this routine?

Here is a link to help you counting calories

Calorie Counter

Best of luck

Love Mini xxx

I know I should be having 1500-1750 but I go on holiday in 18 weeks and really need to shift some weight!!

Just out of interest, why do you say it should be 1500-1750? 1000-1200 should be fine :)

You're menu sounds good. You might want to split your 2nd shake and have something for the evening?

Personally, I'd ditch the Actimel, but if it's worth the calories to you, then why not.

porridge with a handful of frozen fruit in it (before cooking) is yummy and keeps you going for ages BTW

Thanks Mini and Karion,

I am running on the spot in my kitchen (don't laugh!) in front of my Microwave timer every day and night. I started doing 30 secs, now I am up to 5 minutes each time. I am aiming to increase this to 20 minutes running over the next few months.

Karion, I only included the Actimel as I find it helps 'things move along nicely' :eek: I've never actually looked at the calories in them, are they high? Like the sound of the porridge with berries...mmm:)

I read in a magazine that for my weight, height and activity levels I should be having 1500-1750cals for healthy weight loss. I think that 1000-1200 will be better weight loss though.

Frumpster.x.

I read in a magazine that for my weight, height and activity levels I should be having 1500-1750cals for healthy weight loss. I think that 1000-1200 will be better weight loss though.

Frumpster.x.

Aaah, I see. I know that WLR won't compute anything under 1,100 as they don't believe that is healthy...though I know CD/LL/LT is a different kettle of fish.

They say that anything under 1100 and you won't get the correct amount of vits etc. You should be fine on that though for a greater loss.

Great idea about running in front of the m/wave. I guess you use the timer on there?

Yeah, I set the timer (without the cooking!!) for however long I want to run then wait for the beeps!! I pray that my neighbours can't see my red sweaty face bobbing up and down at the window :D

It seems to be working though. I am dropping around ½ lb a day at the mo. Hope it stays like that until my holiday. I am dreading being like this for my hols. I am currently a size 22 and would love to be down to a 14 for Orlando, I think if I crack the running bit then I might just do it.

Do you enjoy calorie counting Karion?

Do you enjoy calorie counting Karion?

I loved it :)

Reckon I could get a degree in it now :D

Don't CC any more though. It was time to move on and practice being normal;)

Wow, I've just seen that you've lost 8 stone...OMG :eek: Bet you feel like a different person don't you? Well done, that is amazing.

I can't wait to be able to eat 'normally' without counting anything, I think having to go through the counting food stages makes you appreciate how good/bad certain foods can be for you and teaches you to eat properly and not revert to old habits.

Wow, I've just seen that you've lost 8 stone...OMG :eek: Bet you feel like a different person don't you?

Thank you. Yes...it feels kinda cool ;)
I did use CD to get rid of the weight, then CC (calorie counting) to maintain.

I can't wait to be able to eat 'normally' without counting anything, I think having to go through the counting food stages makes you appreciate how good/bad certain foods can be for you and teaches you to eat properly and not revert to old habits.

Yes, if you do it properly and don't waste calories on junk food. That is always the temptation. I used WLR which helped me get the right carb/protein/fats and added up my fruit and veg. I found it really good.

Frumpster - this sounds like a good plan, tbh i'm struggling to get back on the CD waggon & this sounds like it might suit my needs, good luck.
Karrion - what is WLR ? cos if its helped you maintain for nearly 2 years then i'd be interested.
xx:)

Hi Frumpster and everyone.

We all seem to be embarking on a similar and new dieting approach! Well, it's more like an 'old' approach, but one that will include CD packs as basic nutrition supplements.

I haven't got used to being able to eat whatever I choose, albeit in reduced amounts and with an emphasis on quality.

VLCD-ing has helped me a lot but as others have stated it's time to move on. I can't hack low-carbing any more. Since CD and other VLCD packs are balanced meals they should provide an excellent foundation for a calorie controlled diet.

I am loving this new way of eating. No hunger pains, no boredom it's great!

Today i've had:

Breakfast: Vanilla CD Pack made into Muffin, Strawberry Actimel (bought the full fat variety by accident :eek: but they aren't too high in fat and cals)

Lunch: Wholemeal Pitta BRead, BGTY Houmous & loads of salad. Plum.

Ran for 5 mins this morning and 7 mins at lunchtime! I'm working my way up to 10 mins running 3 times a day :party0049:

I feel so happy, don't get me wrong i'm still over 16 stone but I am finally doing something bout my weight that doesn't feel like torture. I enjoy the running (even if I do look like a plonker!) and I love the healthy food.

Smoked Mackerel and Salad for tea....yum! :D

I am running on the spot in my kitchen (don't laugh!) in front of my Microwave timer every day and night. I started doing 30 secs, now I am up to 5 minutes each time. I am aiming to increase this to 20 minutes running over the next few months.

Yeah, I set the timer (without the cooking!!) for however long I want to run then wait for the beeps!! I pray that my neighbours can't see my red sweaty face bobbing up and down at the window :D

Frumster, you have had me in stitches, that is the funniest thing I have heard for a while.

Glad that you are enjoying your new way of eating, sounds like a good balance. Keep up the hardwork and you will be pounding away those pounds literally.

xx :)

Smoked Mackerel and Salad for tea....yum! :D

Wow! Living it up;) I love smoked mackerel. Tis very high in cals :eek: Especially for 1,000-1200. Great source of healthy fats though:cool:

I love smoked mackerel. Tis very high in cals :eek: Especially for 1,000-1200. Great source of healthy fats though:cool:

Yeah, thats why I'm having it. I have really dry skin, to the extent that after a shower I have to put 3 lots of moisturiser on my face to stop the pain. I've spent thousands on creams, lotions and potions over the years but guess what? good old oliy fish sorts it out no problem! If I eat oily fish 2-3 times a week my skins goes lovely and soft! I wonder if cod liver oil capsules would have the same effect? Anyone know anything about this?

Yeah, thats why I'm having it. I have really dry skin, to the extent that after a shower I have to put 3 lots of moisturiser on my face to stop the pain. I've spent thousands on creams, lotions and potions over the years but guess what? good old oliy fish sorts it out no problem! If I eat oily fish 2-3 times a week my skins goes lovely and soft! I wonder if cod liver oil capsules would have the same effect? Anyone know anything about this?

Yes it would help, but I'd certainly go for the mackerel in preference to the capsules. Nothing like the real thing;)

Microwave idea really good but i can't set mine without anything in it. Too tempting !!

What about an egg timer?

Before I realised the microwave had a timer I would face the cooker then run and count from 1-100 (every time my right foot hit the floor it would go up), I worked out that 100 counts equalled roughly 1 minute running (ok very slow jogging :D ). Then once i'd counted to 100 I would turn and face something else and count up to 100 again. I kept turning cos I'd get bored looking at the cooker!!! Now I make sure that I put things 'en route' for me to read or stare at!!

This morning I opened Look magazine on a fashion page and kept telling myself that if I keep upping my running then one day i'll be able to shop in Warehouse or River Island again. It might seem pathetic to some, but doing things like that really spurs me on.

I am up to 7 minutes at a time now...Wa-Hey! I'll be ready for the Marathon next year :rotflmao:

Well, its the end of another day. I am feeling really energised. I have been drinking minimum of 2 litres of water each day and I feel like my 'brain fog' has gone :p

I have used the 3 day free trial on weight loss resources, it is absolutley fantastic. I am considering joining up. It's very motivational seeing your food diary online and adding to the exercise log throughout the day.

Here's to another day!

Back