Frustrated weight loss

jaqui62

Hi everyone,
Have any of you been having two bars daily my LL counciller said it was fine but for two weeks i have only lost 1lb each time, now she said it may be putting me out of ketosis and to go back to one a day so thats what i am going to try ....... wish me luck for next week. :wave_cry:

Hiya,

As far as i'm aware you are only ever supposed to have one bar a day as they can 'slow down' weight loss and knocks some people out of ketosis. Some of the peeps on here have cut them out completely due to this and have lost more weight. Everyone is different but maybe you could try on one a day and if no joy, only have a bar a couple of times a week? Am sure somebody who knows much more than me will be along to help you soon x

Hello paigesmum,

Thanks for the reply i am going to try one a day for the next week and see how it goes and it may be just to many carbs ...... funny old diet lol, i bet pauline quirk did not have this trouble. x

My LLC won't sell us more than 7 bars a week. They do have a few more calories, and LL recommends just one a day. Its in the 'My Journey' book.

I was having one bar a day and also lost 1 pound a week for two weeks on the trot. I cut them out last week entirely and lost 3 pounds. i think they are higher in carbs and higher in cals. So it makes sense that they might affect weight loss for some people.

The other point is that if you are having bars, you are having less water. other packs are made up using water, so you should probably drink extra water if you are having a bar. Not enough water can affect weight loss too.

It was interesting when LL website had PQ's first 14 week's of diaries. There wasn't one for week 5 and there wasn't one for when she had a week's holiday, week 6 she said she had struggled the week before...so we are all in the same boat. And we'll get to goal just like she did!

I've cut bars out this week too, partly to see if weight loss is bigger, more so coz I'm addicted to the shepherds pie & not felt like anything else lol :)

I'm doing good, lost 8lbs in week 1 then 4lbs last night so happy with that. LLL would be good, I've got too much to lose to think about that yet plus I think once I get a taster of food I'll lose control....I'm an all or nothing kinda person when it comes to my grub :) x

Hi claire,
Had my weigh in this week and only lost a !lb i was not to happy but i have cut out having two chewy bars a day and i must admit the weight has started to come off again so we will see on tuesday what the scales say.
How are you doing! its the weekend again are you doing anything special with the family.

Jaqui.x

I'm doing good, lost 8lbs in week 1 then 4lbs last night so happy with that. LLL would be good, I've got too much to lose to think about that yet plus I think once I get a taster of food I'll lose control....I'm an all or nothing kinda person when it comes to my grub :) x

Hear ya with the all or nothing lol. Gonna see what LLC says and what she thinks. I've got 13lbs to go, however haven't been weighed for this week yet so hoping to have lost another 2lbs. I know i really need to lose more than 12lbs to get to a weight it says on the chart but i'm not convinced i will look healthy with it. Agreed with fiance that once i got to 10 stone we'd talk about it and see whether i can go for another half a stone. Not thinking about that yet though ha. Well done on your losses, you're doing great and so nice to see it working x

Hi claire,
Had my weigh in this week and only lost a !lb i was not to happy but i have cut out having two chewy bars a day and i must admit the weight has started to come off again so we will see on tuesday what the scales say.
How are you doing! its the weekend again are you doing anything special with the family.

Jaqui.x

Hi Jaqui,

Glad you're feeling better after cutting them out. Everybody is different i suppose but i've noticed a difference and to be fair, i find the porridge and pie more filling anyway. I'm sure you'll get a nice surprise on tuesday :)

Quiet weekend for me and the monster. May go for a bike ride tomorrow if nice enough or attack the garden. See how i feel after i've been to class and been weighed. How about you? x

Hi claire,
looking at a house tommorow as we are in rented at the moment for a few months having sold the house last October so house hunting again.
The weekends go so quickly and here we are nearly the middle of Jan. Let me know how you get on with the weigh in i go to class on a tuesday at 6pm do not always feel like going out that time of night but once i get there its fine.

speak soon,
Jq.x

Back