Fulltum's Atkins attempt

Fulltum

Silver Member
Hi all

Im new to Atkins but certainly not new to weight loss!
Like most people I have tried lots of different diets but the most successful one I did was Cambridge when I lost 7 1/2 stone in 6 months :D Unfortunately a combination of failing at maintenance and falling pregnant with twins 2 months later meant the weight started creeping back on and 4 years later I am back where I started :(

I have tried to do cambridge again but just cant face all those months of no food! So I am gonna gove atkins a go as it works in a similar way but with lots of yummy food :D
I also believe it can be a lifelong way of eating.
I have read the book and lots of threads on here and I am ready and raring to go :D

Todays plan is

Breakfast
3 rashers bacon and scrambled eggs (with cream and butter)
1 oz mature cheddar

Lunch
Tuna mayo salad
1oz mature cheddar

Dinner
Roasted belly pork with mushrooms and salad

MFP puts this at 17g carbs :D

I have also roasted some chicken legs ready for nibbling on

Hi Fulltum and welcome :)

You will love Atkins and this forum,everyone here is so helpful - and if you get stuck, there's lots of experts to help :D

Menu sounds great, don't forget to glug lots of water.

Hi Fultum and welcome:)

Atkins is fab if you love your food but need to get some weight off - not really a diet more a lifestyle:). Good luck and remember to shout if you need some help:D

Well everything is going well so far except for this damn headache (think its caffeine withdrawal :()
I dont like coffee and can only drink tea sweetened with real sugar as I dont like the bitter after taste of sweetener and my other drink of choice is pepsi which is completely out of the question lol am drinking plenty of water but its not the same :)

Really enjoyed my belly pork for dinner :)

Have still got my chicken legs for nibbling later too.

Definately doesnt feel like Im on a diet which is great so fingers crossed this works :)

Hiya and welcome. You'll soon have the weight off as atkins is not a chore and no effort, really not a diet at all.

Thanks everyone :)
Dizzy- I will weigh in on a sunday which should hopefully keep on track during the weekend!

I went to costco and stocked up on chicken fillets and drumsticks, bacon and belly pork as well as multivits and omega 3 and eggs so should be good to go!
I have bought avocado to try but not sure if I will like it lol

Well on to day 2 :)

Plan is

Breakfast
3 egg cheese omlette with 3 rashers of bacon

Lunch
Tuna and avocado salad

Dinner
Chicken mini fillets and chorizo with mushrooms and salad

Last edited:
Well just had my first avocado and Im not sure what to think lol
It was neither nasty or nice was just there! I will certainly be able to tolerate it in my salads to add some good fats in so thats a plus :)

Just made the twins some sarnies for lunch and they had some tortilla chips on the side and I resisted the urge to have a handful (not due to wanting them just the habit of doing it :rolleyes:)
Once I am in the full stride of atkins I am going to start rejigging the kids diets as they eat a very carb heavy diet and I want to break their habits young to make it easier for them.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Well done on resisting the evil tortillas!

I like avocado with a little vinegar on, mushed up with some cheese and mayo. It can be a bland taste on its own.

Re the sweetener, I use hermasetas liquid (Amazon) - I don't use sugar much but a house sitter told me it was the closest thing to sugar she found. Worth a shot?

And well done, you are going great guns! :D

Moonlights- ooh will try that as yes it was very bland :)

Ladyfelsham- May check that out as I am missing my cuppa thanks for the tip :)

Well today is going well but I am feeling very peckish right now even though I have had my chicken and chorizo salad a soft boiled egg and a pepperami! I know things will ease up once ketosis hits and I cant wait as I know how great it feels once its here lol

Grab a big glass of water, before you graze, then maybe a mug of chicken stock soup - and give it 20 minutes - i read somewhere that's how long it takes for the brain to register that the tum is full.

Maybe that's why the "chewing 10 times", or whatever it is, works? :)

Day 3

Breakfast
chorizo scrambled eggs

Lunch
Tuna mayo salad

Dinner
Cheeseburger pie with a salad

Wow! You are doing so well! I am starting tomorrow and really cannot wait! I am just in the process of writing down a menu planner so I can go out and do a shop later on! Atkins does work, and having used this forum before, I know how fab everyone is and so supportive!
Good luck and thanks for the added inspiration!

Lexi.
X

Hi Guys just coming on to say goodbye :(

I just cant do this diet all the meat eggs and cream were making me feel constantly sick and after just 3 days I was dreading having to eat any more :(

Also I know that I need to comquermy binge eating habits before any diet will work for me so I am off to the docs tomorrow to get some cbt counselling to try and help.

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive and I hope you all continue to do so well :)

But you don't have to eat meat and eggs and cream all the time. I often have vegetarian meals like courgette noodles (sliced courgette) with marks and Spencer's low carb pasta sauce and grated cheese. Or cauliflower cheese made with boiled cauli and soft cheese. Or poached eggs on spinach. Or I'll have fish and green veggies for a light meal, or chicken stock with spring onion cut into it.

It doesn't have to be a heavy diet at all if you don't want it to be.

But you do have to do what's comfortable for you and Atkins definitely doesn't suit everyone. Good luck with your CBT and whatever you do in the future xx

Back