Fun thread - Ain't kids funny?!

ditzyangeluk

Thought we could post some things that make us smile or laugh that kids have said or done!!

Kids aged up to 8 years were asked ... "What does love mean?" ... Here are some of their replies;

... When my Nanna got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toe nails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love -- Rebecca, age 8

When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth -- Billy, age 4

Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other -- Karl, age 5

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired -- Terri, age 4

Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen -- Bobby, age 7

Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so long -- Tommy, age 6

Love is when Mummy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken -- Elaine, age 5

Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day -- Mary Ann, age 4

I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones -- Lauren, age 4

You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it to a lot. People forget -- Jessica, age 8

Aren't they lovely?

And I just found this one, which is soooo lovely ...

A contest was run which was to find the most caring child. The winner was a 4 year old child whose Nan had just died. Upon seeing his Grandad cry, the little boy went to the old man, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to his Grandfather, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry"

:hug99:

My friend printed, laminated & gave this as a gift from her children to their grandparents last year ...

WHAT IS A GRANDPARENT?
(from the mind of an 7-year-old)

Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of there own. They like other people's

A grandfather is a man grandmother

Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shop & have money for us

When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves, caterpillars & butterflies

They show us and talk to us about the colour of the flowers and also why we shouldn't step on "cracks"

They don't say, "Hurry up"

Usually grandmothers are fat, but not too fat to tie your shoes

They wear glasses and funny underwear

They can take their teeth and gums out

Grandparents don't have to be smart - it's not their job

When they read to us, they don't skip

They don't mind if we ask for the same story over again

They know we should have snack-time before bedtime and they say prayers with us every time

They kiss us even when we've acted bad

Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television, because they are the only grown ups who like to spend time with us

We Love You Nan & Grandad
xxx

A father was reading Bible stories to his young son.

He read: "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt."

His son asked: "What happened to the flea?"

Patrick, 7, asked his mother if there are angels. She said yes.
"Are they with me all the time?" he asked. She said yes. "Well, I tried to give one a cookie, and it fell on the floor," Patrick said

A grandmother decided to teach her grand-daughter to use the sewing machine & sew. After she had gone through a lengthy explanation of how to thread the machine, she stepped back, put her hands on her hips, and said in disbelief, "You mean you can do all that, but you can't operate my Game Boy?"

Back