fussy eater

mum of 2

Hi

Is there anybody else out there who are really fussy eaters?

Ive always avoided slimming clubs as Im a really fussy eater and have always thought I wouldnt ever like any of the meals and food. My fave food is pasta. When I heard a friend of mine has lost 3 stone through SW and ate pasta a lot I was tempted to join.

Now Im having a bit of a relapse into my old eating habbits. Ive been kind of forcing myself to eat certain things when all Ive ever wanted was the high syn things like cheese, biscuits etc.

Ive never had as many strawberries in my life as what Ive had this summer. Im really getting sick of the sight of them.

Here is a list of the superfree foods I like:
Apples, Bananas, Cherries, Grapes, Kiwi, Pineapple, Strawberries, Garlic, Leeks.

Here is a list of the superspeed foods I like:
Strawberries, Baked beans, Mushy Peas, Cod, Haddock, Plaice.

Thats it, everything else Ive either not had and really dont fancy or Ive been practically forcing myself to eat such as Lettuce, carrots. Now this has resulted in me losing my way a bit and my weight loss has slowed down. I want to speed it up again.

Anyone else in a similar situation? How do you overcome this? Anyone got any suggestions in ways I can get to like more of the superfree and superspeed foods?

Thanks

What would you be eating of you weren't on SW? Can you not try and adapt these foods/meals to SW versions?

There is such a variety of food available that you should not need to force yourself to eat things you know you don't like.

But that should not stop you trying things you have never had before - to say "not had, and really don't fancy" means you are missing out on things that you might like. You won't know until you try.

Have you been having your carrots cooked? Then try them raw, cut into little sticks or grated. If you are sick of strawberries then stop eating them. Have some raspberries or blueberries instead.

Try to stop deciding in advance what you will like or not like. Keep an open mind. There was a Guinness advert some years ago which said "I've never tried it because I don't like it" - and that is what you are saying to yourself, and in the process you are denying yourself things you might like and which are also good for you.

The main problem I find is that there are soooooo many nicer things to eat than the superfree or superspeed foods. I buy things I should be eating, but then I end up throwing them out as they dont get eaten. Im not eating anything else either, Ive just thrown out some grapes and kiwi's out as they have just have not been eaten.

10 weeks ago my meals may have been something along the lines of:
Breakfast: cereal with sugar (now cereal with banana or banana and muller light)
Morning snack: biscuits and hot choc (now a mugshot)
Lunch: Sandwich (usually cheese) or something on toast (either beans or cheese) or jacket potato with butter, cheese and beans. (now its either omlette and beans or salad)
Afternoon snack: Crisps (now apple)
Tea: Spag bol made with full fat mince and lots of grated cheese on or lasagne or pizza or stew made with the same full fat mince or something with chips (now stew, fish and mash, I had SW chips the other night)
Evening munchies: Minstrels or ice-cream (now strawberries)

Im just getting fed up of strawberries (esp when Ive never been a big fan) and salad.

In regards to carrots, I dont mind them raw, but they will just turn out the same way as the grapes and end up in the bin cos they're not exactly exciting. Ive tried before to eat them, but it just doesnt work out that way. Ive tried berries (ewwwwww couldnt take the texture).

The things Ive tried and didnt like are:
Apricots, blackberries, blackcurrants, Clementines, Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Mandarins, Mango, Melon, Nectarines, Oranges, Peach, Pear, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Satsumas, Tangerines, Watermelon, Asparagus, Beetroot, Broccoli, Brussels, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Courgettes, Cucumber Gherkins, Green beans, Mushrooms, Peppers, Seaweed, Spinich, Swede, Tomatoes, Turnips, various beans, Sweetcorn, Veal, Quark (Ive never heard of it before SW and Ive tried various things with it and none of it has worked ewww)

Im sorry, but fruit and veg really doesnt excite me in any way and most of the time Im forcing myself to eat them when really Id rather be eating the really naughty stuff. It would be exactly the same when trying anything and to be honest I dont know what to try.

Ive just lost all motivation in eating that type of food. The thing is I dont want to give up so I am looking for some motivation to carry on eating fruit and veg and some ideas as to how I can get around my fussiness of my eating.

Thanks

10 weeks ago my meals may have been something along the lines of:
Lunch: Sandwich (usually cheese) or something on toast (either beans or cheese) You can still have a sandwich with cheese, have bread as hexb & try a cheese where you can have 42grms so it will go further, you can still have beans on toast. Have either red or green days so you get two hexa & hexb.
or jacket potato with butter, cheese and beans. You can still eat these, either syn the butter or do without
Tea: Spag bol made with full fat mince and lots of grated cheese on or lasagne or pizza or stew made with the same full fat mince or something with chips These can still be eaten, either use quorn mince for spag bol on a green day or low fat mince for extra easy day, using your hexa cheese, again try one were you can have 42grms. There is a recipe on here somewhere for a SW friendly pizza, you can have SW chips.

You could grate carrots up & put them in your spag bol or lasagne.

I hope this helps.

Good luck & don’t forget to ask again if you need any help ;)

Id challenge anyone to get my husband to buy Quorn mince hahahaha Thats one of the main problems, the mince that is better for me is sooooooo expenisive compared to the bad stuff. Why is good food so much more expensive than bad food?

I think I might try the better cheese. Its something Ive pretty much tried to give up.

When I first started SW I tried a jacket with just beans, it was too dry.

Use you HEXA for some Laughing Cow Light triangles, and use them on your jacket spud with beans... prob solved! :eek:)

As for the mince, buy one that suits your budget and then drain the fat off. I do this and dont count it as syns, it hasnt effected my loss.
I have a saying with my Daughter...dont say you dont like something if you have never tried it and 9 times out of 10 she really enjoys it. Just because something doesnt look nice, doesnt mean that it wont taste nice, you just have to find a way to make it look appealing, or hide it in something.
Sometimes people fail at diets etc because they cant be bothered to make the effort (not that this is you, so please dont think Im stating that!) or wont go out of their comfort zones. There are some really good tips given already on here Hun, try something out of your comfort zone and you may be surprised.
I tried Butternut squash for the first time when I did SW previously. I had no idea what to do with it, until the lovely people on here gave me some ideas..I love it, it has a nice sweet taste (although not too sweet) when roasted and I have it more often than not when Im making a roast dinner.
Have a look at the food diary section on here and have a look for some ideas that you do like....but....try some things that you havent tried either.

xxxx

I think as others have said the key is to take all the things you do love and see how to make them SW friendly. Then promise yourself to try one new food a week, start with things other family members like so your not wasting money as they can have it.

As for healthy food being expensive. I do as much of my shopping as i can at aldi and there lean mince is reasonable and very very lean (i know it is not extra lean but I have always lost weight using it)I also use a lot of their frozen fish which is so cheap.

Back