Gain knocked me sideways!

CJxxx

Well this week I have been licking my wounds :(. Having had a really good week I went to WI on Thursday & gained 0.5lb. So disappointed!!! Unfortunately it couldn't have happened on a worse day as I had just had to pay out a very unexpected £700 on my car that afternoon. So really wasn't feeling very chipper!!!

I had a chat with my consultant & she assured me that its can just be one of those things. We talked through what I had eaten ( hadn't taken my food diary but gave her an idea) she said I may have OD'd on Superfree & not had enough Free but who knows.

I have been good again this week & I really am hoping that it was just a blip but I can't tell you how unhappy it made me. I do have to keep reminding myself that the week before I lost 4lb but oh how quickly you forget.

I'm going shopping tomorrow so will be planning the next 3 days menu making double sure I get everything right as I cannot have another WI in last week.

CJxxx

Try not to get too down about it, it could be a number of things, water retention or your consultant could be right and maybe if you've had too much superfree as opposed to free food maybe you under ate. Hopefully you'll see a double loss this week instead. I know how it feels though I'm used to unexpected gains and maintains now and they still make me feel really sad even though I know its nothing I did wrong and its just something I have to deal with. As long as I don't go back to eating how I used to I know I'm being healthy ect.

Good luck for this week

That happened to me last week. I had stuck rigidly to plan, desperately hoping to lose the pound I needed to get my 6 stone award, and found I'd put on 0.5lb! I was really fed up and if it hadn't been for my OH talking sense into me, then I'd have probably resorted to chocolate! The fact is, the human body isn't a very efficient machine when it comes to weight loss, and as much as my Consultant would disagree, a 100% week can't guarantee a loss. There have been weeks on my journey where I have lost 3 or 4lb and not known why, and equally there have been times when I have maintained or had a small gain despite being on plan 100%. I suppose as long as we realise that if we stick to plan, then eventually we will get to target, unfortunately with a few unaccountable blips along the way!

I didn't know that eating too much superfree could do this - glad I read this thread now
I have had a couple of lunches where I had salad with no free food, this could explain the slight gains/ maintains I had a few weeks back
Thank you

I didn't know that eating too much superfree could do this - glad I read this thread now
I have had a couple of lunches where I had salad with no free food, this could explain the slight gains/ maintains I had a few weeks back
Thank you

I would say if you ate alot of fruit this could be a problem. Bananas, grapes, nectarines are all ones to look out for, you can have them just dont over indulge. Nectarines are like nearly double the cals of peachs.

Awwww thanks guys. I have stuck to plan & even indulged in a couple of glasses of wine over the weekend (within my Syn allowance) to remind myself that all is good!! The main reason I chose to do SW was that I knew it was a plan I could stick to & would work. I know I should expect the odd blip along the way & I'm pretty pleased that I haven't gone AWOL & have stuck fast to the plan even after a gain & a horrendous car mechanic bill!!! Thanks again for your words of wisdom. CJxxx

Back