gaining and stalling

raverminx

sorry i know this has been asked many times, but ive been low carbing since march, lost a stone but for the last 3 weeks ive stalled and stayed the same weight, the scales arent shifting. Today i weighed myself and ive gained 1lb.

Im drinking at least 2lt of water a day, maybe i should increase it.
i had a mcdonalds on tuesday
im hardly eating but when i do its mainly just meat so not many carbs (im just not hungry)

i just cant shift the last 5lb, but i know that im losing inches as my jeans are now a size 8 :)
Do you think my body has gone into starvation mode, so that my body is clinging to the fat?

maybe i should go back to induction. any advice?

Mcdonalds just the meat or mcdonalds the full works? I'd say that's your explanation for a gain, if it's the full works. This diet can be really unsympathetic to the slightest cheat and toss water weight straight back on.

As for the stall, you need to follow the diet properly and eat. This is not a diet where the less you eat the more you lose - eating tiny amounts is a staller - I've had the same problem myself last time I did this. I wasn't hungry, ended up eating around 800 cals a day and stalled and stalled. Eating 1200+ calories a day and getting lots of veg calories in works.

Eat protein, make sure you're eating lots of fat and get some veggies in.

Also, if you're a size 8 you dint have much to lose - you're always going to find the last bit of weight the slowest to lose, I'm afraid.

It was indeed a full McDonald's, with fries and a icecream! Very naughty I know. But that was Tuesday and it's only today that the scales have changed!

I find it so hard to get my calories in, on average it's 700-900 a day, it's hard to eat when you aren't hungry!

As from today im going to be good with no cheats and try to increase my carb and calories. As I struggle to get past 10g of carbs a day.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have a bit of peanut butter on days when I haven't made it over 800 cals. Or regular peanuts. A good way to add fat and carbs when you're not too hungry, as long as you measure the amount.

Gains don't always show straight away - it usually takes me a couple of days to see the damage, whichever diet I'm doing. Bear in mind that your weight fluctuates a lot too 1lb really isn't much.

I'm stuck the past 2-3 weeks give or take the same pound HOWEVER my body fat % isdown LOADS and today I'm wearing clothes I couldn't wear when I llost a stone more ( slimming works) than I've lost so far. So I'm convinced my fat us being whittled away despite the scales!

Back