Gaining weight back

Hi all,
i know I have only been on the cambridge a week but I am starting to worry about putting the weight back on?? I don't want to be on the products forever either!!

anyone got any advice how to keep the weight off, or if anyone has done it and kept it off?

also is exercise good for you on the cambridge?? I'm on step 2 and swim twice a week for an hour each time??

thanks in advance

I worried about this my 1st time round but it all depends what u put in your mouth lol! I lost 2 1/2 st, finished cd went straight to weight watchers and lost a further 7lbs because I ate salads and healthy foods! If you go back to how u used to eat your gonna put it All back on!! Gradually wean yourself back to salads and fruit, this is what u did Nd it worked for me!
Good luck x

11lbs to go til my 1st target of 10st

Lol that is true :)

but if I have a dairy milk or macdonalds once every month will it be TERRIBLE??

does anyone know if exercise has a adverse effect on the cambridge, I'm on step 2

does anyone know if exercise has a adverse effect on the cambridge, I'm on step 2

I'm not going to deny myself of treats otherwise I'm more likely to fail. If it going to go to mc d 's just plan to have a small or medium meal or half half a dairy milk. It's all about moderation :) I don't know the answer to the other question x

Thanks lostpolarbear,

thats made me feel better :) one macdonalds isn't going to kill me is it? And if its a treat to spur on the diet then why not I suppose?

Are you talking about having a Dairy Milk or Maccy Ds once a month while you're on Cambridge? I personally would avoid that kind of thing at all costs, once a month can quickly spiral into all sorts of other 'treats' which will only cause set backs in your weightloss. I've learned the hard way by tweaking the plans that you can't get away with it for long. For me anyway the only way now is to stick to this plan to the letter.

If your occasional treats are for afterwards then so long as its in moderation it's fine. The biggest lesson I've learned is to absolutely work back up the plans once you get to target. My brother did it and has maintained his weight for 3 years. I didn't and maintained for a while but gradually got back to almost where I started. So lessons learned for me.

Hiya, thanks for your advice, what do u mean back up the plans? Thanks :) xxx

If you're on Step 2 you're having 810 cals and no carbs, at the end of the diet when you reach goal weight you go up to Step 3, 4 and 5 gradually decreasing the cambridge products and increasing the food groups until you reach step 6 which is maintenance. Your CDC should've given you a book which out lines all the steps. It's basically to gradually reintroduce carbs etc so you don't get the sudden glycogen gain, which can be up to 8lbs.

This glycogen gain can happen whenever you eat a certain level of carbs and this level differs from person to person. This is why I personally will not take the risk of eating anything off plan, imagine the horror of gaining 8lbs suddenly. And from experience my glycogen gain is 7-8lbs. So not worth the pain of having to get rid of that again. And working your way up the plans at the end helps you to become familiar with portion control. I for one need this, I have no concept of what a healthy portion is, it used to be a case of eating until I was too full.

Surfhunny,

i am exactly the same!!! What carbs are not on the plan??

do you ever eat out?? Or have a takeaway??
Also
do you exercise??
sorry for all the questions but you seems to know lots :)

Surfhunny,

Also
do you exercise??

I really think you need to get hold of a copy of the Cambridge weight plan book - your Consultant should have given you one and should have given you all this information when you met him/her for the first time!

Surfhunny,

Also
do you exercise??

I've attached the list of allowable food for 810 step. There's no additional carbs allowed apart from what is in your Cambridge products.

When I'm on plan I do not eat out or have takeaways, partly because I have no control over how the meal is cooked, salads are prepared etc and partly because if I deviate from plan even the slightest bit I can kiss this goodbye. I'm not prepared to throw away the hard work I've put in so far.

Again thAts a lesson I've learned the hard way. I do intend to have the occasional meals out/takeaways once I reach my goal, but I will adjust my eating to compensate. I'm not doing this ever again.

I'm doing Sole Source so don't exercise as it really halts my losses, I want to get to my goal weight ASAP so I'm not exercising now but I will at the end. I'm not the kind of person who can just do gentle exercise, I'm a go hard or go home type of person and the lower steps aren't designed for intense exercise.

Like Cazza suggests, please do ask you counsellor for the book, it's really informative. I'm aware that some counsellor a charge a small fee for it but it really is worth it. Hope all this helps.

image-3366525544.jpg

Part 1

image-184343664.jpg

Part 2

image-3621861508.jpg

Part 3

Thanks surf hunny, that's really helpful :)

I'm on step 2, couldn't do SS due to my epilepsy so a little exercise would be okay?? I hope!!!

i have found an app called cal counter, have u seen it?? It's great, you put in all the food you've eaten in the day inc cambridge products, all your exercise to finer details as well and it shows you how much fat u are allowed etc in your calorie amount, which for me is 810 obviously, I think it's quite good :)

I lost 1 and a half stone on cd and put it all back on again now I'm doing slimming world and lost half a stone in 4 weeks by making some changes with the way I cook etc. slowly slowly seems to be The best way for me I keep it off that way.

Back