Consolidation gala

Bibaloo

I had my gala meal today for my parents 50th anniversary. Homemade lasagne. It was my only meal today as it was so filling but I'm getting hungry again now and hubby is about to eat toast in front of me. Arghhhhhhh! Bed i think

Welcome to conso!

If you feel hungry - make sure you eat some protein. The reibtroduction of carbs can stimulate cravings, and the best way to quell them is to eat protein.

Try not to get into the habit of not eating on gala days - you have to treat it as a pv day, and still have your oatbran, fruit etc.

Got to admit - i am dreading coming back to carbs. I have done so well and feel so good without them that i dread ever eating one again :(

Got to admit - i am dreading coming back to carbs. I have done so well and feel so good without them that i dread ever eating one again :(

To be honest I haven't gone back to white carbs at all, even after almost 5 months of conso (woooah - I had no idea it was that long!).

I don't eat supermarket bread - just rye crispbreads. I don't eat pasta or rice - I use beans or lentils for my starch instead. And I've only eaten potatoes in galas cooked by other people, or at restaurants.

Atropos said:
To be honest I haven't gone back to white carbs at all, even after almost 5 months of conso (woooah - I had no idea it was that long!).

I don't eat supermarket bread - just rye crispbreads. I don't eat pasta or rice - I use beans or lentils for my starch instead. And I've only eaten potatoes in galas cooked by other people, or at restaurants.

Hi Atropos,

Do you use the same quantity of beans/pulses instead of the 200g pasta etc? I love that idea as I am not missing carbs at the mo and would much rather have the pulses back in my diet! :)

Probably not so much by weight - I tend to just add a handful of pulses when I make soup/stew, or have a tablespoon of broad bean or lentil puree where I might have had potato before.

Back