Gall Bladder

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
Can anyone give me advice about the possible problems with your gall bladder when on LT?

I went to my new pharmacist, and my old one was there, and she told me to make sure i get a blood test done regularly to check my gall bladder. This is because the lady who was doing it the same time as me in 2010, ended up in hospital in severe pain cos of her gall bladder.. I have heard it mentioned on here before but was wondering if anyone could remember or knew of the reasons/outcome...

Thanks all

there was a programme on a while ago talking about the massive rise in woman having to have thier gall bladders out due to problems caused my very quick weight loss but it did not mention any specific diets or anything and the way I see it there are dangers with everything we do in life x

Any sudden weight loss can cause gallstones which may not cause you any problems but on the other hand they can cause inflammation of the gallbladder. This is not specific to lipotrim but can occur with any diet.

And you can get gallstones whichever diet you do. One of my friends became extremely ill and was rushed to hospital with gallstones... shes never done a vlcd in her life just WW.

I suppose it is a risk we all take... better than the health problems that we could get by getting bigger!

The water we drink is meant to help protect us from gall stones on this plan xx

Well.... I had to reply to this thread.... Because i was diagnosed 4 years ago with Gallstones, and before I started this diet I had frequent bouts of agony ending up with hospital visits and morphine for the pain! HOWEVER! The surgeons refused point blank to operate on me until I reached a BMI of 30, which I`m almost at thanks to LIPOTRIM!
I can catagorically state now that without this diet I wouldn`t be getting my gallstones and gallbladder sorted out! AND I got them from years of eating the wrong type of food!!
I think its pretty scare mongering to be BLAMING Lipotrim for the appearance of gallstones! AND highly unlikely indeed! and as such we shouldn`t believe every negative press release or article on the internet about the "dangers" of Lipotrim.... I read the article and it states they don`t have it in America! BUT they have other VERY similar VLC diets don`t they, not to mention every other FADDY diet known to man!!!! Plus they don`t have the highest obesity record on the PLANET for nothing do they.... PFFFFTTT sorry to rant but articles like that make my blood boil... and the person who wrote it is probably a size 8 and never done a diet in there life let alone LIPOTRIM!!!
So..... nope I don`t agree that it can cause Gallstones persay! However I do know from experience that if I don`t eat anything and go into starvation mode then that CAN trigger an attack.
But since we are not starving, and drinking loads of water and taking in optimum vitamins and minerals for health, and since I have NOT had an attack at all.... when 100% ( I did when I had a major blip, eating cheese, fatty stuff etc) then NO it can`t cause gallstones or an attack. OK.... :)
Ahhhhh I feel better now I`ve got that off my chest LOL :p
L xxxx

It's a well known phenomenon that sudden weight loss can cause cholecystitis. Any diet - it doesn't matter but at least when you're thinner/lighter you're in a much better position to have it removed safely.

Also I think a lot of the media forget that the people on diets are overweight in the first place and could of had gall stones before the diet.

I had mine removed at 21 and I'd never been on a vlcd

Also I think a lot of the media forget that the people on diets are overweight in the first place and could of had gall stones before the diet.

I had mine removed at 21 and I'd never been on a vlcd
Yes I agree with this.... they prob were there to start with! Mine were discovered at age 40 when I was pregnant! Fair Fat and Forty is a well known saying connected with Gallstones apparently lol....

Yes that's what the doctor said to me but I was only 19 when the gall stone pain starter and they kept passing it off with rubbish excuses.

Aye thats cos you were out of their remitt hun.... 19 is early and an un~common age to have Gallstones, so the doc wouldn`t have been looking for them... but just goes to show eh...even Docs are infallible lol, even though most of them think they are God!!!

I was told irritable bowl and another explanation for the pain was you haven't eaten enough fibre today. I though hmmm weetabix for breakfast fruit and veg during the day how's that possible.

Very painful thing gall stones glad mine are gone

Extruiating pain, not an experience I would wish for anyone to have!

I first had gallstone pain when I was 15. Finally got diagnosed and had my gall blader removed (open surgery - 10 inch scar across tummy as gall bladder was in such a bad state and keyhole failed) aged 18. I am sure in my case it's related to family history as every single female on maternal and paternal side has had gall stones!

Thankfully not had to worry about it whilst doing lipotrim, but any diet that results in rapid weight loss does come with risks be it gall stones, gout or even death in extreme and rare cases. It's definitely worth doing your research before doing any diet (VLCD or otherwise). I have to say, if I didn't have a lot of weight to lose (and was say only in the overweight rather than obese category) and the risks of my weight to my health weren't more than those of rapid weight loss, I wouldn't touch VLCD's with a barge pole! All personal choice though :) xx

A few years ago I was up at 15 stone, I lost 3 stone through calorie counting and exercise....a few days after hitting 12 stone on the scales I was in hospital with a burst gall bladder! It WAS put down to weight loss as never had a problem before BUT I was eating a very healthy calorie controlled diet, so I personally do not think VLCD are the main culprits lol Annoyingly its one of those things that can happen to anyone diet or not.

Back