Gallette disaster!!

Dolly2

Having followed a "foolproof recipe" kindly posted from another member in the recipe section I excitedly made my virgin gallette.....
All was going well until I noticed a singeing smell once I had turned it and far to early to be cooked through, so getting slightly above my under average cooking skills station, decided I would toss the gallette over and slide onto a plate so I could carefully grease the bottom of the pan with frylite and wipe the excess off with kitchen towel.......this is where it all fell apart, literally!! There was gallette all undercooked over the stove and floor. As I tried to shovel the mess back into the pan to just finish off cooking it resembled cement. :cry:

So to just clarify; are gallettes like mini pancakes when cooked? I will try again tomorrow, however the forum for recipes looks great but for complete novices maybe an attached picture of the finished product would also save poor souls like me! :D

Dolly

add a half teaspoon of baking powder, some cinnamon and put it into one of those silicon cake moulds. 3 mins in the microwave and hey voila ( I add some wheatbran to mine). FAR easier - even my husband can do it!

Tessa

Oh dolly. I couldn't help but giggle at the image of you and your poor gallette. I can cook pretty well and mine was a bit of a mess yesterday as well. I don't think it is your cooking skills but there seems to be a knack to this that we need to perfect.

Keep trying!

Thank you maintainer, that is exactly what I was after!!!

Whooohooo the excellent news is, that was what my gallette looked like prior to the fatal toss :D

Back