Gallstones

Discussion in 'Exante' started by *jenjen*, 5 August 2011 Social URL.

1. *jenjen*

*jenjen* I will do this...

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    An you still do TS if you have gallstones?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

Hi , I had gallstones last year ( had my gallbladder out in october ) and my consultant said it was probably the best diet to do with gallstones as it contains no fat so very unlikely to give you a flare up :)

4. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Yep its a good diet to do when u have gallstones as fats are generally what cause a gallstone attack and this doesnt contain many lol xx

5. Divster

Divster Banned

Really cant imagine how bad it would be if you were eating fat! If its really bad on TFR! :eek: xx

6. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

I had gallstones for years misdiagnosed, and its agony. I cut as much fat out of my diet at the time as i could and it was still bad but not quite as bad as usual. Only real solution is to get ur gallbladder removed. I had mine done september 09 and never had a touch of pain since xx

7. Divster

Divster Banned

Can they laser the stone out as well? I have only had one attack ever, and for 24 thought I was going to die from the pain! I was slim at the time! ;)

8. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

U can get an ERCP they call it. Like a scpe down your throat into your stomach, and they can use a laser to blast them, but if your prone to gallstones they generally come back, so unless u push for it, surgeons will try and get u to have your gallbladder removed. I was much much slimmer when i first got gallstones too lol, we must have bad luck ;) The pains horrific tho eh? I swear labour was easier xx

9. Divster

Divster Banned

At least labour pains give you little rests inbetween and you know its going to end sometime soon with a happy event!

10. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Yep, lol, thats how i compared it. Like bein in labour with no break in between pains. So so sore x

11. bye-bigun!

bye-bigun! Sensibly losing :)

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I had gallstones when I first began tfr, I had my GB out 10weeks ago I think... It's marvelous! Fat wasn't always a trigger, spices etc can cause too.. tfr was good for me but still had the odd niggles. Best thing I did having it removed, my gb was full of stones n hard to get out of the hole...! Bliss now its gone. 1/3 of all people have them, they very common. When gb gone u can still have phantom symptoms (i had twice) and stones go in the liver instead so still need to see gp if u not happy! X

12. determinator

determinator Banned

totally , I too think it is just like labour pain but without the break .. horrendous .. and a gallstone doesnt look so cute in a babygrow !!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.