• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Gallstones

*jenjen*

I will do this...
S: 24st0lb C: 20st4lb G: 15st2lb BMI: 41.9 Loss: 3st10lb(15.48%)
I had gallstones for years misdiagnosed, and its agony. I cut as much fat out of my diet at the time as i could and it was still bad but not quite as bad as usual. Only real solution is to get ur gallbladder removed. I had mine done september 09 and never had a touch of pain since xx

Can they laser the stone out as well? I have only had one attack ever, and for 24 thought I was going to die from the pain! I was slim at the time! ;)

U can get an ERCP they call it. Like a scpe down your throat into your stomach, and they can use a laser to blast them, but if your prone to gallstones they generally come back, so unless u push for it, surgeons will try and get u to have your gallbladder removed. I was much much slimmer when i first got gallstones too lol, we must have bad luck ;) The pains horrific tho eh? I swear labour was easier xx

bye-bigun!

Sensibly losing :)
S: 12st12lb C: 12st12lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 27.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I had gallstones when I first began tfr, I had my GB out 10weeks ago I think... It's marvelous! Fat wasn't always a trigger, spices etc can cause too.. tfr was good for me but still had the odd niggles. Best thing I did having it removed, my gb was full of stones n hard to get out of the hole...! Bliss now its gone. 1/3 of all people have them, they very common. When gb gone u can still have phantom symptoms (i had twice) and stones go in the liver instead so still need to see gp if u not happy! X

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Exante 3
General Weight Loss Discussion 0
Cambridge Weight Plan 12
JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting 7
Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes 5