• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Gallstones

Was wondering if anyone that's had gallstones / gall bladder problems could share their experience / symptoms? I ended up in hospital yesterday with crippling tummy pains in my upper abdomen. By the time I saw a nurse they had subsided quite a bit (probably lasted 3 hours of severe pain ) They tested my urine & said all seemed fine and I was sent home with paracetamol.
I can't help feeling that pain that severe must indicate something was / is wrong & obviously as I've lost weight recently gallstones spring to mind. I've had no pain today but a weird feeling under my ribs, it feels similar to when I was pregnant, I feel sort of... Full I guess :s I don't know whether that's in my head now.
Just wondering if anyone knows if gallstones can be detected in urine etc?
Obviously if it happens again I'll go to my GP - I'm hoping that it's just one of those weird one off things but just can't shake the feeling that something's not right :s

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
The pain of gallstones is horrific. I found it worse than labour. I got the pain under my right boob and into my back and shoulder. It started off when i ate anything fatty like a burger etc but just before i got my gallbladder out i could only eat cornflakes it was so bad. A friend of mine said she had the same symptoms as me and it was gallstones and she was admitted to hospital about 5 times before they found out. So i just went to my doc and told her my symptoms and that i thought was gallstones nd she sent me for an ultra sound which confirmed it. I dont think it shows in urine. Thankfully i had it out 6 wks before my wedding and have not looked back. Hope this helps x x

Thank you for your reply. Im so glad you were able to have the surgery & that you're better now. I did say to my husband at one point (quite dramatically probably lol) that I'd much rather be in labour as at least you get a few seconds ease from contractions. I hadn't had a particulary fatty meal as such but I had just had a skinny hot chocolate & snickers bar - I had this real feeling of intense hunger as though my sugars were low and about 10 mins after that's when the pain attacked.
Oh well, There's nothing I can do now - I'm just going to pray it was a one off but if it happens again I'll go to my GP.
Thanks for the message:) x

Hopefully it was a one off for you but f not definitely mention to your doc about gallstones because the episodes normally last for 3-4 hours and always seem to be at night , well for me anyway. Good luck x x

Goose1 said:
Hopefully it was a one off for you but f not definitely mention to your doc about gallstones because the episodes normally last for 3-4 hours and always seem to be at night , well for me anyway. Good luck x x
Thank you :)
I was wondering, did you have any symptoms when you weren't having an "attack"? Any weird feelings in your abdomen or anything? X

No nothing at all like that. It started with severe heartburn and as time went on the pain went just on the right side of my chest and into my back x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Exante 3
General Weight Loss Discussion 0
Cambridge Weight Plan 12
JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting 7
Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes 5