Gallstones.

muslima123

Hello I had gallstones removal surgery more than one year ago, Do you have problems with gallstones,or had surgery and on weightwatchers?What to eat and what to avoid ? Lets share experience.

Before surgery couldn't eat loads of things but even after surgery have the same problem . Things i cannot have are sour thigns like orange juice,apples ,too many tomatoes ,chocolate oily and sugary food . have to reduse intake of eggs,cabbage and pulses and wholemeal bread . I have sweet tooth and whenever I want sometning sweet I go on sweet fruits like apples bananas peaches melon watermelon grapes...

Hi I had my gallbladder out four years ago. I am back to normal again. The only thing I am better off avoiding is very cheesy sauces, mac cheese off the menu. Which is just as well as doesn't really fit with weight watchers!

Think I am one of the lucky ones really, as i know some people that are still suffering and on meds to assist with fat absorbing

Hiya just been having a look around the forums and found this thread all about gallstones!! Ive been suffering for a number of years, had them out in 2009 after losing weight on a VLCD they dont tell you that rapid weight loss can do this.

Following the removal i suffered diarrhoea for months on end had tests for coeliacs that came back negative, everything i ate had an adverse effect on me until i discovered the Dukan Diet then it stopped, not suffered with diarrhoea since April. Now and again after eating or drinking i have pain, a bit like a stitch under my ribs on the right side, GP gave me lansoprazole which made me feel terrible, Ranitadine seems to help with this.

GP thinks that i have scar tissue around the bile duct as a result of the operation and has recommended eating and drinking little and often so as not to overstimulate the bile ducts. Think its something that i will always have to manage.

Glad I found this post as I had gallbladder removal 10 days ago, luckily I'm not feeling as sick as a dog anymore when I eat but I am suffering with bad diarrea every day :/ I'm trying to figure out what foods is making me go atm.
I've heard lots of bad stories about the removal and being ill all the time, I had chronic tummy pains and diarrea last night as i had a couple cans of beer, first time since the removal and that's all I can put it down too :/ hoping healthier eating will stop the diarrea but don't want to have to go toilet every time I'm out having a meal or whatever :( xx

I had mine removed on the 19th September. Before I couldnt eat anything fatty or spicey without pain. SInce having it reomved Ive found I get a little indigestion if I eat a lot or particularly fatty things but nothing compared to before.

Back