Let's try again for summer 2021

Gamy

Hi again,

I got weighed in today as I thought the new year is starting soon and I haven't been to slimming world for a while. Wasn't to drastic, I did put on some weight but not everything and start on a nice round 28 stones. I've got a week to get back into the swing of things before college starts up again, so some healthy lunch time ideas would be great.

Amy

Hi Amy, I don't know the SW plan very well but how about some lovely home made soup especially in this cold weather. I am making a leek and potato one today with just some leeks, potatoes, vegetable oxo, boiling water and a drop of cream left over from Christmas. I think you would only have to syn the oxo cube and the drop of cream if you use it. Another lunch I often have is an omelette filled with mushrooms and peppers and you can't go wrong with a baked potato and beans with salad.

I hope you have a great New Year.

Started great. I just got dumped. Never mind. One less thing to worry about. So right now I'm focusing on everything else I've got going on which is college to get into uni and my daughter. Apparently he's letting her come to Japan with me so he's letting me have her, which is great news. I want to be skinny by then otherwise I'll really look like a fish out of water. Sounds yummy food. Although no microwave at college and I hate sandwiches so it might have to be salads, unless I can find a flask somewhere.
Anyway today I've properly started my diet and only had a cereal bar so far. But I'm not hungry due to stress, but might get some noodles otherwise I'll over eat later.

Oh Amy I'm very sorry to hear your news, what a rubbish way to start the year. Well I suppose it can only get better for you and your daughter now. My daughters would be dead jealous you are going to Japan, it is their dream to go over there as they are really into anime amongst other things. Hmmm, no microwave, that makes lunches a bit trickier. A food flask would probably be a great investment for you till the weather warms up. I cannot bear salads when it's freezing out, actually I'm not really a huge fan of them anyway which is probably why I am the size I am lol. What is it about sandwiches you hate? I know there are a lot of very uninspiring fillings and flabby white bread around but I love crusty rolls, wraps and those sandwich thins. Good luck to you and your daughter x

Day 2 didn't go to bad. I managed my syns well and had 3 good meals. I'm going out later, so maybe I can find a flask on my travels. I don't really mind salads but it gets tedious for 3 days in a row. I found a few pasta salad recipes which I might try. Sounds like you daughters and I will get along well. I'm into anime, games and music. Not sure if my daughter is, but then she's not even 2 yet. She does love dancing though and I've just managed to get of my fat bum and danced with her for 5 minutes yesterday. I do like wraps, I might try and find a brand which is allowed and make some healthy ham salad. I'm not a big bread lover if I'm honest, so I guess that kinda puts me off. I do love rice and pasta though to make up for it.

You are exactly right.. Less to worry about without your ex! And I'm sure your 2 year old doesn't give you a minute to anyway :) hope you are ok hun. Good luck with everything!

Hi there, how is it all going? I find it tricky to get back into the healthy mind set as I have been used to eating what I want when I want. I am going to keep going though for definite as I have lots to gain from being healthy. You sound quite positive though, good idea about the pasta salads etc. Do you like couscous as that is fab for making quickly in the morning before you go out as it only takes as long as making a cup of tea.

Your daughter sounds adorable, I remember all mine being that little and then all of a sudden I have three hulking great teens stomping around the house. No actually, they are fantastic girls and I am really proud of them. I would love to still be around for them to see them grown up and maybe with children of their own. Keep on dancing Amy, you are doing fantastic xxx

Not doing to badly. I some how managed to skip lunch and replaced it with quavers and 3 biscuits. In my defense I was I've been finishing my essay due in tomorrow and whatever I wrote just didn't seem right. Still it was a bad excuse so having veggies and a steak tonight. Emotional I feel like I've been pushed to my limits. I'm trying so hard to put on a brave face and smiling for my daughter, but I am hurt that my ex dumped me, although I know he's an ass and a complete waste of space. College tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the distraction and me time. I love my daughter to pieces but I would also like some adult time. I feel like she's currently missing out as I don't have the energy to do things with her. I'm sure this will change, just need to stick at it.

Hiya Gamy, popping in to subscribe. Sorry to hear you had a stressful beginning to the new year, but at least it's a completely fresh slate like you say. Good luck!!

Hi Essie,

Couldn't have been that stressful, I managed to loose 4 and a 1/2 pounds this week. So pleased with myself. Lots of veggies for lunch. I'm doing well as I got a Merit in Maths and she's looking over my stats as it might be distinction, but it might only a merit. Its borderline. Besides that things have been going swimmingly. I'm meeting loads more people at college and have a great group of friends at the moment. So all in all in a good place. I've been accepted into a Japanese course part time, but its already been going a term so not sure how far behind I'll be. So debaiting that. I have to give my answer by tomorrow. It might also be a rush to get my daughter to my mums then back to the other side of Bristol in rush hour traffic.

Amy

hi gamy just popped into say hello and see how you are getting on x

I've had such a hectic weekend, which seems to be followed by a hectic week. Why isn't life just slow pace and calm. I need to up my exercise, I know that. I'm going to have to be really strict with myself come the evenings after Erika goes to bed. Diet hasn't been going to badly. Had lots of chocolate yesterday, but besides that not to badly. Going to have to be more strict with my syns though. I'll try really hard until Wednesday, then the following week. Might have to go and write everything done as that seems to go well for me.

glad all going ok love x x x

I think I need more time in my life as I just don't seem to have any. I've got some aspects of my life going fine. I got into uni with a conditional offer. College is doing well and getting grades better than what I was predicted. Working out all the things needed to do before I move with my daughter to Hertfordshire. My son is staying in Bristol with my parents for his school, so we can make up for lost time in the holidays. The only thing not going so well is my diet. I really need to do more planning and working out what I'm going to eat day by day. Weigh in tonight and not looking forward to it. I hurt my ankle and was on crutches for a while, so mainly lived off meals out for the last week. Anyway line under this week. Got my lunch of salad with cheese, cereals bars ready and a slimming world ready meal for dinner, in case after group I don't fancy cooking.

Yay my new scales arrived today. So starting from right now at 28st 11lbs, I will loose weight. Got no excuse now. :)

27st 12lbs this morning. That's 13lbs going since last week. Should loose at least a pound by next week so that will be great :D

Freshers week this week. Got to go to uni for 3 days, but generally will be in everyday from next week. Good I don't have to get up so early today, can take my time today as the only thing which is compulsory is in the afternoon. I put on this week due to TOTM which is due any day, I put on 7lbs every time without fail. A bit annoyed, but I know it will come off next week.

My ex moved out. I seem to be in a bit more control of my diet and lost some more weight. Going to have a good go at this in the new year. Hopefully make a new me as well. Although still struggling to fit in meal prep around uni, so I might just resort to ready meals during the week and maybe top them up with some veg.

Back