Gamy's big weight loss

Gamy

Hello all,

I know your not suppose to do these diets when you have a lot of weight to lose, but I can't really hack being over weight any more. I'm starting the diet today. I tried a few days before hand to make sure I like the diet, but something always came up. So now I have nothing until the 14th March (daughters birthday) so hopefully can stick to it until then. I have about 18 stones to loose, about 250llbs give or take. I did loose some weight prior to doing this though, but I'm very bad at planning though.

Hi Gamy, I also have a lot of weight to lose, on starting last Sunday I had 11 stones to lose, now I'm on day 7 on Ts and have lost a few pounds my official weigh in is monday so I'll know for sure then. I've been overweight since I was a teenager now I'm in my 40's, and in have always failed at every diet I've tried, I'm really hoping I can stick to this plan because the weight comes off so fast. I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss, let's face it it's not easy giving up the food we love to only have shakes etc, but its so worth it. I've had a few wobbly moments this week like when I'm giving the kids their tea, I've had to leave the room until they've finished.
Keep us posted on how your getting on x

Day 1 went alright I managed to do the whole day, then my parents took me out for lunch today. However, it was one hopefully healthier choice, as lets face on all diets its either good or bad and they can't seem to make up their mind, so drawing a line and hopefully have something tonight if I need to, otherwise I'll be back on track tomorrow. Also brought a Zumba dvd for me to give it a go. Like you I have kids so between studying and childcare, I don't have time for the gym...

So I fell off the rails towards the end of the week. My daughter was sick, I had exam stress and decided calorific drinks are good for studying... So trying again, as I do actually like the diet. Minus the tomato soup but I never liked tomato soup normally. So I ended up STS this week, which factor in TOTM not bad. So did ok yesteday, slacking on the water so going to try and get that up today and hopefully since no school of Friday we'll get a good routine going before then

Don't worry just 1 slip up, just pick back up where you left off. The important thing is not to let one bad meal turn into a bad week. Fizzy water is good to replace soda if that's what you are craving and if you really must eat just try and keep it protein and it won't do as much harm.

Hope you are feeling a little better now!

That's a good idea. Ordered some exercise dvds so I can do them as soon as my daughter goes to bed as I find I late night snack otherwise. I find shakes work well on school days due to lack of time in the morning and cereal bars or cookies work well at school although not found any I liked,but I'm sure the results will be worth it. Evenings I can plan more and can pick my choice which is good as I like most. Not sure how I will cope with this and exercise though

I think you can incorporate exercise slowly, even just running around doing housework or taking stairs instead of lifts etc and it all makes a difference. I like to track steps on my iPhone too as I don't have a fitbit or anything.

My favourite bars are the peanut butter have you tried them?

Ok. Trying again. I decided to work on the exercise bit first, which I hopefully have got into a good routine. I do mornings first thing before a shower in my pj's. But if it gets it done then I don't mind. It generally gives me the will power to go shopping etc. I needed change so got some water and a snack for my daughter later on so I was pretty pleased. So I will see if I can remain motivated for the week!

Yes, it's very hard! Best thing is to keep busy but ideally I would be locked away and not see other people eating!

Summer holiday's should be a breeze then. I've done one full day yesterday and lost 5lbs this morning so I'm happy about that. Hopefully that will keep me motivated today to do keep going.

Was actually good for two days. Kinda slipped over the weekend. But I know it works. I lost 9lbs over 2 days! I'm going to try again Monday as I can do this. I just need to sort out what I like and dislike and go from there!

Well, Monday turned into Wednesday, but all is good. I only managed a litre of water today, so going to up that tomorrow, had my 3 meals and even went for a 30 minute swim! Back at school tomorrow though so that should be interesting. I got rid of all the meals I didn't like so now only got ones I do as I think that would make me stick at it better rather trying to force down stuff I dislike!

Back